Thread: lifting high

lifting high

hey, i know this sounds stupid but has anyone lifted in the gym after smoking some weed? if so can you tell me about your experience. i just did it last night and i still lifted really well but i ran out of breathe so quickly and felt like i did a hell of a lot more work. lots of guys i know like to do this, and i really don't know why, and comments or stories?

ColdSore is offline Banned
    sounds like a good way to hurt yourself to me....

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    i have a friend who competes nationally and lifts high all the time. i tryed it once and wigged out thinking i was having a heart attack. IMO you should workout with out the influence of marijuana. kinda defeats the purpose of putting 100% in the gym if your going to be high while you try to train...MM

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good way to hurt yourself.

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    I've lifted in the morning, after being high the night before, I wasn't really high but i definitely wasn't completly back to normal...............It didn't affect my strength at all and i wasn't out of breath or anything.............I can't see why anybody would lift when they are high, like coldstone and italianmuscle said it's probably a good way to hurt yourself.

getnlarg is offline Junior Member
    I agree with the others--Doesn't sound like a good idea.
    Never done it and can't say I ever will.
    No flamin'--Just not my bag

Quote Originally Posted by getnlarg
    I agree with the others--Doesn't sound like a good idea.
    Never done it and can't say I ever will.
    No flamin'--Just not my bag
    i definately agree its not a good thing to do and i wont be doing it again, i just wanted to see how it has effected those who've tried it before.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Ive done it once, i took a ****load of pills when i was in college, computer class was soooo boring
    Anyway later i went to the gym and had a great back workout, but i will never do it again.

tbrocato is offline Member

screw the weed

screw the weed..... I think you should snort some glass then go lift weights.

Quote Originally Posted by tbrocato
    screw the weed..... I think you should snort some glass then go lift weights.
    lol, maybe i'll try it, but only once. i don't think the mods will get mad if you post the source of your glass hook up, so i can get some.

tbrocato is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armwrestler22
    lol, maybe i'll try it, but only once. i don't think the mods will get mad if you post the source of your glass hook up, so i can get some.

I have a buddy of mine that does it every once in a while.....cant sleep on glass. I seen some ppl stay up for like 3 days strait. Alot of truck drivers take it to drive late at night.

Honest Abe is offline Associate Member
    i like to do puch-ups and light weight lifitng after i smoke! usually just one set of every thing. i get a mean pump. i'm not very strong when i'm high though, go figure. but i enjoy it. it seems as though the neverendings in my muscles are more sensitive when i'm high. it makes for a good flex, which i think is very healthy to do every day even for muscles that aren't being trained that day just to get fresh blood in there.

just my opinion

legalize the weed!!!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine it being too good an idea...

Personally I GET my high from lifting... a few minutes into my first sets I really get "zoned" and start getting that pumped feeling... nobody can talk to me at this point, I am alone in the world... and it only gets better from there.

Thats such an incredible feeling... thats why I keep going back to the gym for more... kind of a healthy addiction

Red

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    Yo, I spent all of this past summer working out while high. I think it really depends on if you are a heavy user or not. I don't lift high any longer because i am back at school; however, when i did lift high over the summer i found that i had great pumps and still saw great results at the end of the summer. it also depends on how weed will effect you. it doesnt seem to be too adverse effecting on me while i lift.

I just thought of something...

Since weed is commonly used as a medecine to control pain (as well as the nasty sides of chemo and other treatments) here in Canada, it would lead me to believe that it's pain killing or reducing capabilities would be downright dangerous when lifting.

As I said in another thread, pain is your body's alarm that something is wrong. Anything that would garble that signal (be it advil, or pot) adds some serious injury potential. You could hurt yourself and not realize it until it's too late and the dammage is serious.

This is something to think about I guess...

Red

It is pretty difficult to be baked and not feel any pain whatsoever, though. If you injure yourself while lifting high you'll still know that you're hurt- its not oxycotin.
    Last edited by TOMMY-GUNN; 12-04-2003 at 05:27 PM.

Indeed you're right Tommy, but I am not talking about being completely zonked either... I've managed to hurt myself with nothing more than 3 Advils before a workout.

I still felt plenty of pain, but the threshold was quite different. The minor pain that would normally tell your body "woah buddy, slow down here" isn't the same anymore. By the time you do feel the pain, some damage (that could have been avoided) is done.

It might just be me, but I feel that being able to listen to your body is real important when working out, specially if you're on juice and gaining strenght faster than you can properly control it.

Red

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Ok don't blame the weed!!!!!

Lifting high is thought to give you the muscle mind connection thing. The guy who got me into working out just to do it and not for sports competes nationally and has on a few occasions asked me to bring by a bowl and smoke him out. His garage is a full gym so we end up getting blowed and I watch him work out. My personal thought on it is I smoke dro so I be ****ed if I'm going to waste a good buzz lifting. The first set I will be as sober as a preacher. I smoke a bowl at nite before bed while watching tv, thats it, and the past year thats down to 2-3 days a week so I am slowly stopping but I don't drink so thats my little dirty secret.

DOAGAIN N"T BLAME THE WEED!!!!!

Forsure, I totally respect that Red. I was just a huge stoner over summer and thought id stand up for my weed smoking ways. JK

lifesabitch is offline Associate Member
    I've lifted before while high on other stuff, get out of breath quick.

funkdoc911 is offline Junior Member
    i dont think it is a good idea to lift high good way to get hurt...

Doc

blowout247 is offline Associate Member
    It all depends. I'm an everyday smoker for years now, and when you do it that much you can handle it in the gym cause you can handle it everywhere else. I would not suggest doing it if you are anything less than a regular smoker; I would be delerious. Doing arms or shoulder it helps the mind muscle connection, you just close your eyes and become the rep. But legs or back; no way. I can't breathe like that

Thread Information