Phyll is offline Associate Member

Unhappy Bros... It is getting worse

The pain in my elbow has been getting worse, today I woke up with a mild pain that lasted for an hour...

This sucks sooooo bad, I am afraid this pain will be a problem now that I am in the middle of my cycle and everything else is doing so well, I gained 12 pounds already.

I am going to see a doctor this afternoon, hopefully it is just an inflamed tendon... I have been taking glucosamine, but will it help if it is a tendon problem?

Anyway bros, any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated, this is really bugging me.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Are you sleeping on your arm ?? Sometimes I'll sleep on my arm and when I wake up I can't bend it or straighten it out with out pain.

Sounds like you could possibly have some tendonitis.

If it's a tendon problem, you'll just need to rest it.

I dont think I am sleeping on my arm... It is not a movement problem, I can move my arm as freely as I want to... The pain comes and goes, but it doesnt seem to interfere with arm movement... I know, it is weird

How long do I have to rest it??

rambo is offline The Lord God
    This happened to me too. I'm hypothesizing that what happens is that while on cycle, or even bulking heavily, the muscles are able to handle a load that the tendons and joints cannot. This results in the join/tendon being overworked as it is forced to catch up with the highly anabolic and rapid growth of your muscle.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i have pain in both and its only when i put stress on them

probably nervous pain IMO, you better go under X-rays to see if its a joint problem.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Bro...Rambo is right on.....developing tendonitis as a result of over use is a condition that will stay with you for a looooong time if you are not careful. Rest is the # 1 treatment, ice will helpo the pain. The more you use the arm the worse the condition will get.

R

Thanks guys for the replies, I feel a little better...

I have been lifting much heavier and I also think that it is an tendon/joint overload problem.

Rambo, what did you do? Did you just cope with the pain or did you take any meds?

TRLS63, what do you mean by nervous pain?

Thanks bros

this is just great that I will have to take a break now right in the middle of the cycle

I really had to just suck it up. The pain was bad, but as long as I watched my threshold while doing my workouts (It was worst on arm day, obviously) I was OK. I took in a lot of ibuprofen, and not just when I was working out. An anti-inflammatory like Wobenzyne (sp?) might work well for you. Ice it down after a workout as well. It sounds like you had exactly what I had, as mine would hurt after waking up as well. Just got to push through and avoid some exercise like the french press or skull crushers in order to limit the overextension and stress you would place on them and fill the void with kickbacks and the like.

Thanks bro, I will do that too... I will go to the doc and let's see what he has to say...

I will try to suck it in and ice it a lot. Today is bis/back day so I will start the ice right now lol

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    rest, moist heat, an antiinlamatory (Naproxen/Alieve)..and a short break from training to heal will do you wonders!

what's a short break? 1 week?

Even a couple of days with no arm intensive lifting will do wonders. It did for me.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    no one will really be able t tell you what the proper time is. It all relates to the amount of pain and possiable damage to be repaired. Its on you to keep track of it and feel it out. But at least you can still hammer on those legs

SYN
    SYN is offline New Member
    For a Tendon Problem most Doc's that I have talked to suggest 2 to 4 weeks then if the pain is better lifting lite with the elbow for the next month to strenghten it. This happened to me about 9 months ago and I was unable to full bend my arm in to my chest. I had stressed the tendons to much. I was out for 4 weeks and then lite lifting for the next month or two..

This could be a big problem if this is your only planned cycle in your life time but if this is just the start or 2 or 3 AAS experience then don't sweat it, you still have plenty of time left in life to do more cycles.
    Sucks to have it happen on cycle but if you keep pushing it you may be out for a lot longer than that..

Either way, Good luck to you.. And Ice will help the swelling and pain..
    SYN

Thanks bros, I will post what the doc says

StevePJC is offline Member
    I would be willing to bet what you have is bursitis.

If so it's really nothing big. You should definately have it looked at and if it is you will likely get put on some antibiotics.

I woke up one morning and couldn't bend my left arm it was so stiff. Bursitis. Had a spell recently where I didn't even go to the doctor and within a week it was gone.

Prot is offline Banned
    All you need is a high rep forearm workout to alleviate this problem. For 25 years I have been doing the same thing after I tried meds, ice, etc. Just use grippers(my preference) or wrist curls and reverse curls. I use the latter before anything else in workout. I prefer the grippers as I can do it throughout the day and recover in days. At the most a week is all you need and you can keep training. For pain take ibuprofen..at least 600mg initially and 400 mg every 6 hours. Only do this for a week maximum, The forearm work will take care of this problem

prot bro, I will definitely be trying the forearm exercises!! Thanks! I will let you know the results

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyll

I have been lifting much heavier and I also think that it is an tendon/joint overload problem.
    This happens a lot to guys on either a first or second cycle. The gear kicks in and you feel invincible. Strength increases and training heavy are great things but it needs to be done both smart and cautious.

D

ok bros I just came back from the doc... She thinks I have a mild case of tennis elbow... She was cool we talked about working out and the exercises I should avoid for a little bit. She also gave me an anti inflamatory called Naproxen, to be taken twice daily... I hate having to take even more drugs while on a cycle, but I think I will take these pills so the pain goes away...

What you bros think?

Hmmm be really carefull what pain killer (or anti-inflamatory or whatever) you take while working out!!!

Pain is your body's alarm system, it's there to warn you something is wrong. If you turn off this alarm with meds and work out you may REALLY hurt yourself and not realize it until it's way too late.

For that reason I won't even take an Advil or a tylenol before working out. After my workout then if I need it I'll take it.

Make sure you time any med so that it's effects have dissipated by the time you hit the gym.

Just my 2 cents worth on this

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Rich8888
    Bro...Rambo is right on.....developing tendonitis as a result of over use is a condition that will stay with you for a looooong time if you are not careful. Rest is the # 1 treatment, ice will helpo the pain. The more you use the arm the worse the condition will get.

R
    Yep.

echobeach is offline Junior Member
    I just started back training to-day after an 18 day layoff from the exact same reason.

Because I am in the middle of a cycle a few things were obvious to-day:

1. My healing during the rest has been very good to excellent
    2. I have lost bugger all strength during the rest
    3. The rest of my joints - knees, shoulders etc have also really appreciated the first significant break from the best part of 18 months intensive training

At first I was hesitiant to take a recovery break during a cycle - but now I know that it was for sure the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by echobeach
    I just started back training to-day after an 18 day layoff from the exact same reason.

Because I am in the middle of a cycle a few things were obvious to-day:

1. My healing during the rest has been very good to excellent
    2. I have lost bugger all strength during the rest
    3. The rest of my joints - knees, shoulders etc have also really appreciated the first significant break from the best part of 18 months intensive training

At first I was hesitiant to take a recovery break during a cycle - but now I know that it was for sure the right thing to do.
    I just had to do it recently, some injuries cannot be worked through, period, and if you keep it up it will go from bad to worse quickly.
    "In earlier years" there was a saying I used to always hear from the Vets around town, it was a regretful but insistant "Get Small & Get Well" pertaining to having to rest and lose size in order to heal properly.
    Some injuries have completely ended my cycles in the past.
    I would go to the Doc and find out exactly what it is so that you not treatring a problem that doesn't exist, and neglecting the real culprit.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Hmmm be really carefull what pain killer (or anti-inflamatory or whatever) you take while working out!!!

Pain is your body's alarm system, it's there to warn you something is wrong. If you turn off this alarm with meds and work out you may REALLY hurt yourself and not realize it until it's way too late.

Red
    Exactly..do not mask or hide pain! It will only get worse in the long run. I take an anti-inflamatory before work..but not before the gym!

Thanks bros I will skip the meds and try to rest more

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyll
    this is just great that I will have to take a break now right in the middle of the cycle
    there's nothing wrong with that. a lot of pros take a week off from training mid cycle for the same reasons.. and some just do it to have a weak to fully recover all of their muscles.

ok that's a relief I thought I was going to screw up my cycle, i am doing so well, I will post pics too

Thread Information