Thread: DHT Questions

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member

DHT Questions

Three questions about DHT:

1. Does DHT dissipate (leave the body) or does it constantly build up?

2. If DHT dissipates, how long does it take to leave the body?

3. Does DHT have to be present in large amounts to cause balding or does balding occur due to hair follicle exposure to small amounts of DHT over a long period of time?

I plan to use Proviron ; however, I am concerned about DHT. I have Arimidex already, but I am interested in using Proviron to experience its effects on testosterone , muscle hardness and libido during a test/deca cycle.

Does anyone have answers to the 3 questions written above?

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Three questions about DHT:

1. Does DHT dissipate (leave the body) or does it constantly build up?

2. If DHT dissipates, how long does it take to leave the body?

3. Does DHT have to be present in large amounts to cause balding or does balding occur due to hair follicle exposure to small amounts of DHT over a long period of time?

I plan to use Proviron ; however, I am concerned about DHT. I have Arimidex already, but I am interested in using Proviron to experience its effects on testosterone , muscle hardness and libido during a test/deca cycle.

Does anyone have answers to the 3 questions written above?
    I'll take a crack at this...

Since you will be using test and proviron in your cycle your levels of DHT will be higher then normal. Once your cycle ends, DHT levels, along with your other hormones will return to there normal level, but normalization will depend on the type of gear you used, and how long those compounds stay active in your body. Your genes will determine if you will go bald or not. Exposure to higher then normal levels of DHT may speed the balding process if you are prone to MPB. I would guess (just using logic) that the higher the levels of DHT the more rapid the hair loss is going to be. Again, your genes would be the deciding factor here. Look at your family tree, does your mom's side of family have hair loss? Does your dad's side? Have you had hair loss from other cycles? If you say yes to any of those questions, your safe bet would be to get on some hair loss drugs rogain, propecia, avodart, etc before starting the cycle. I'd stay away from the proviron myself if you are worried about MPB. And don't forget, people say mixing deca and propecia is a no no.. Hope that helps bro!

Peace,

CC
    Last edited by CarbonCopy; 12-08-2003 at 09:32 AM.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    #3 - Does DHT have to be present in large amounts to cause balding or does balding occur due to hair follicle exposure to small amounts of DHT over a long period of time?

How fast or slow you lose hair from Male Pattern Baldness depends on your specific genetics. Each follicle that is impacted is programmed to become sensitive at a certain time in your life span. Also each one has a level of DHT that will cause the follicle to shrink. This is why some people see a halt to hair loss using propecia and others see regrowth. There is a magic number out there of dht supression you would need to see a result. Some people see results on avodart who did not see results on propecia. Avodart reduces DHT by an additional 20%. I am sure there are other factors besides DHT that play a role in balding but DHT is a huge part of it.

For questions 1 and 2 you might want to visit www.hairsite.com, there are some real hair loss geeks over there that could answer those and probably sight a few studies.

Thread Information