BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Mostly for students...

I've asked this in the past, but as a general principle. Now I'm asking for actual experiential feedback. For those of you who cycled during school, or even an intellectually demanding job, do you feel that AAS detracted in any way from your "classroom-esque" performance? I can see how the increased confidence part and parcel of AAS might help, but i also have heard some compelling evidence to the contrary...which is primarily why i'm so interested in ACTUAL experience.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I can tell you from my experience that aas did not affect my school or grades at all. I thought they might help in certain classes when I had to make a presentation and make me feel more confident when speaking but they didn't. I've made the same grades all my life regardless of aas. I think I will do a little more poorly this semester since I spend a lot more time on this da mn board than I should. No difference here. I have gotten more compliments from the opposite sex though.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    yes it has affected me in skewl. all this eating eveyr 2 hrs. and eating in class. marks are in check. but it is distracting for me ! its just the food !

ColdSore is offline Banned
    i thought it helped me just by the boost in confidence....not really any smarter, but just more apt to ask questions and things like that...

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    no difference......

moush is offline Senior Member
    no difference for me either

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    i personally find it harder to concentrate. my work requires pretty serious focus (pharmacology research) as far as reading journal articles, and learning how to do complicated experiments, not to mention class with the medical students. i had read in the past that aas make it harder to focus, so i kinda paid attention to it on my last two cycles. maybe its mental, but i could sure tell the difference

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    I found it easier to focus and do work. My memory seemed to be better as well.

nmk85roll is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam675
    yes it has affected me in skewl. all this eating eveyr 2 hrs. and eating in class. marks are in check. but it is distracting for me ! its just the food !
    Agreed, it was the eating so often that affected anything, but actual performance, I was solid. In fact, I used the time inbetween meals to STUDY! LOL

eshestun is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam675

soo true..everyone in class always stares at me when im downing my protein shakes and munching on my bars...some girl even asked me "are you injecting test".

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I love it when girls confront me. It is always the classic "No, creatine baby"

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    Its not so much that my grades are affected, but when i'm on a cycle its all i think about all day. Makes it kinda hard to really get into whatever i need to study, but i've learned to study while on a cycle. If i draw my focus to my classes then i get really into the material, as when i focus on my training and diet i get really into it. If it wasn't for the **** side effects i'd use AAS for longer cycles and more times per year!!!

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    no effect. now a gf, thats a completely different story...

-- clocky

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WiLLpOwEr
    I found it easier to focus and do work. My memory seemed to be better as well.
    i thought the same thing about myself...although part of my focus was directed to planning my next workout in the middle of lectures, so i suppose on some days it distracted me...

but (and i know there's no scientific basis for this) i definitely felt more focused, had better retention of studies, and thought more clearly when i was on...

thai guy is offline Junior Member
    the AAS itself doesnt make school harder the eating, trying to go to bed earlier, training time, and research time it takes...just takes up more time giving me less to study

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmeoe
    Its not so much that my grades are affected, but when i'm on a cycle its all i think about all day. Makes it kinda hard to really get into whatever i need to study, but i've learned to study while on a cycle. If i draw my focus to my classes then i get really into the material, as when i focus on my training and diet i get really into it. If it wasn't for the **** side effects i'd use AAS for longer cycles and more times per year!!!
    Same here. It hasn't affected my grades, but I find it harder to concentrate because I am always consumed with the thoughts of my diet, training, etc. This goes for when I am not on a cycle too, but it is intensified when on.

Thai guy is that ronnie in you avatar. **** he is bigger than huge in the offseason.Well Regarding school, i think that AS help my performance in everyday life. I always feel an overall sense of well-being when I running a cycle. So it makes it easier to deal with all the bull**** that comes with college.

Whatcha gonna do brother......

Bartleby is offline Member
    I personally find it harder to get studying done when on...very time consuming but if you wanna do it right you need to sacrifice...next cycle I will look into more on if it actually effects my grades....anyways its worth it peace

Quote Originally Posted by Peter North
    i dont see any difference. i actually find that i am in a great mood 99% of the time most likely as a result of the increased test. that to me plays a positive role in doing school work. if i am in a good mood i dont mind doing something productive whether it be work, school, or lift. after my cycle is complete, however, it may affect me slightly. loss of drive and confidence not to mention muscle but all of that plays a very little role. i dont think its hard to pick up on the fact that i'm confident to begin with whether or not i'm cycling.

p.s. BigGreen Hoosier Daddy??
    You know, I got through 50% of that post and thought, "could it be that North is taking something of mine seriously? Where's the wise-ass comment? As I ended, I thought, "how grown up of him"...i guess I had him all wrong. Then WHAM, you hit me with your little postscript. Well, as a thanks to you, i've imported the banana to the ARFFL....that's right, your "kryptonite" has now penetrated the football league.

well, at least it wasn't in the 3rd person, so you *are* getting better.

gdwygd is offline New Member
    Hulkster-no, thats not Ronnie. It's some guy, I've seen his pictures, but forget the name. He's mind boggling big.

rococo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    i personally find it harder to concentrate. my work requires pretty serious focus (pharmacology research) as far as reading journal articles, and learning how to do complicated experiments, not to mention class with the medical students. i had read in the past that aas make it harder to focus, so i kinda paid attention to it on my last two cycles. maybe its mental, but i could sure tell the difference
    I agree. I was attending Chico State (hard to focus there anyway), but I was on some monster cycles for a poor college kid (800 mg test, 400 deca , 25 - 100 mg reforvit,) and had a bitch of a time concentrating. I was a Biology major and was interested in the stuff, especially since I had a Human Phys. emphasis, but concentration was crap. Especially with the wood in my pants all the time. Luckily my lab partner (blonde hottie) did most of my labs "in trade" And yes, I did graduate finally!

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    The only problem in concentration is that when using aas your focus during that period is on your body. IE training, eating right, rest and recovery, and sticking to a schedule. This becomes increasingly difficult when you factor in classes or career or both in some cases. I am 24 and 2 years out of school and work for a reputable mutual fund co. in a very high stress environment. For me aas and training and all the other stuff that comes along with it is a welcome relief where I can channel out stress and aggression into a workout. So maybe look at it that way, if you are in school or whatever, use going to gym as a motivator for getting school work and studying done earlier. Then reward youself with an intense workout then food then rest.

MR ARMAGEDON is offline Junior Member
    just less time for studying cuz of all the eating sleeping and training

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by the hulkster
    Thai guy is that ronnie in you avatar. **** he is bigger than huge in the offseason.Well Regarding school, i think that AS help my performance in everyday life. I always feel an overall sense of well-being when I running a cycle. So it makes it easier to deal with all the bull**** that comes with college.

Whatcha gonna do brother......

No, its Will Harris - the lines on his back are makeup - they are there because they were doing a test pic for some show named "The Thing".

Harvey Balboner is offline Retired Moderator
    i went back to college this year after being out for 5 years, was on cycle didn't bother me at all. dnp was a different story.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Of the cycles I have personally done, I don't believe any of them interfered in my work or concentration..I don't ever remember being in the middle of a procedure and thinking, "Man, I can't wait to get that tuna sandwich"..I always make sure I am prepared food wise and have my workout planned out for the day and that helps take away the distractions..

Doc M

Thread Information