Lift Chief is offline Member

Anyone ever use the online money transfer option for sending money through WU?

You use a credit card to send money online just like cash through a western union agent?

Is this safe?

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    bump... in the same situation

BigBow is offline Junior Member
    Well the only problem with this option is that the person you are sending it to needs to present an ID...Sending straight cash through an agent you can add a test question and answer so no ID is required

DANballs is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lift Chief
    You use a credit card to send money online just like cash through a western union agent?

Is this safe?
    i used wu every time. if you do a transfer your name is on the transaction. i feel safer using cash. d

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I've used it a couple of times......no biggie. And what could anyone prove...........that you're sending some cash to someone? I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    I've used it a couple of times......no biggie. And what could anyone prove...........that you're sending some cash to someone? I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

Do you know if the person on the receiving end has to do anything special?

BigBow is offline Junior Member
    Read my post...yes

Quote Originally Posted by BigBow
    Read my post...yes
    lol, easy holmes.

I saw your post, but most sources i have used do not require a test question. So does that mean they need to show an ID regardlesS?

Basically if they do not ask for a test quesiton there should be no difference for them between money sent cash through a local agent and online through a CC?

Lets chill- we're all bros here.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Yeah LC, like Big Bow stated the other party does have to show an ID. If your guys cool with it there should be no problem.

gettankd is offline Associate Member
    15. How can I find out if my money transfer has been paid?

Any time after the money transfer has been sent, you can visit our web site and select Order Status to obtain the status of your money transfer. All you need is your name and the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) to verify if the money transfer has been paid.

16. How can I find out if a money transfer is available for me to pick up?

You can visit westernunion.com and select Order Status to obtain the status of your money transfer. All you need is the sender's name and the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) to determine if the money is available for pick up.

17. How do I pick up a money transfer?

You may pick up your money transfer at any Agent location. You will need to complete a "To Receive Money" form with the following information: name, address, amount expected, as well as the sender's name, telephone number, city and state being sent from. Valid identification is also required. Some restrictions may apply.

After you send money you'll receive an MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number), Give to the person picking up the transfer.

Well, a little birdy told me he/she picks it up and doesn't even have an I.D. for the name used...we use question / answer.
    I have used the online service numerous times, usually to Aliases, or A business name, ...... heck I'll just ask...be right back.

depdaddy is offline Member
    if you use online there isnt a place for test question..then the receiver does need ID..you would never want to use credit card anyway..if the person you sent to is a cop or if he gets busted it can be traced back to you...always!!!always!!! use cash

P.T.P is offline Junior Member
    Used it 3 times. Always used the question though.

toolman is offline Banned
    Get off your lazy humps and go to an office instead of doing it online. Doing it online requires the se of your real ID and CC. That is a trail should law enforcement chose to follow it. Odds are they won't, but why leave a trail when you don't have to?

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    If you send it online you don't have the option to use the test question, and the receiver is supposed to show ID when picking it up. Just send cash in person. It's easier and safer IMO. Also, make sure you follow your source's instructions. A failed transfer can cost you a few bucks if you have to cancel it!

-moto

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Here's another reason...

I tried to send funds online once, and before completing the transfer it told me to call the customer service line. When I called, the woman on the phone pretty much refused to complete the transfer because I didn't personally know the person I was sending it to! skip all the hassle and send cash in person.

-moto

gettankd is offline Associate Member
    I had the same problem as moto. She asked if I knew the person I was sending to. I told her I did, it worked out fine, they still processed it.

asiancuts is offline Associate Member
    have used WU transfers only. first time is nerve wrecking, but fine after that. i actually like it sometimes when i don't quite have all the $ i need for my whole cycle and i can use a visa and pay the balance later.

Thread Information