Thread: Eggs

Arniefan is offline Associate Member

Eggs

What does everyone think about having raw eggs? whats thes chances in getting bad from having them?

paulastone is offline Member
    i cook my eggs, but you can get the egg beaters or egg whites in the cartons. they are ok to drink raw urhhh sick **** bra

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    You could get salmonella if you eat raw eggs. It's not worth the risk.

Salmonella is a serious infection, and it is believed that in the US over two-thirds of a million cases of human illnesses a year result from eating contaminated eggs. If you want more information on salmonella the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has an excellent page on this disease. Here's the link:
    http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/disea...nellosis_g.htm

Another factoid for you:
    Every year, approximately 40,000 cases of salmonellosis are reported in the United States. Because many milder cases are not diagnosed or reported, the actual number of infections may be thity or more times greater.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 12-10-2003 at 04:15 PM.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    We have covered this discussion in the diet forum.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Once in a while I would put one or two in a protein shake... not too bad.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with the "Steriod Questions" forum. Next time ask "What does everyone think about having raw eggs on a cycle", or put it in the recipes or lounge forum.

PumpDaddy8303 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arniefan
    What does everyone think about having raw eggs? whats thes chances in getting bad from having them?

I drink raw eggs every morning bro. The new technology and saftey precautions that farmers have to use these days should be enough to stop salmenella. At least Grade "A" eggs should be safe. I mix them up with peanut butter, glutamine, and creatine in the morning with milk. If you put enough peanut butter in you wont even taste the raw eggs.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpDaddy8303
    I drink raw eggs every morning bro. The new technology and saftey precautions that farmers have to use these days should be enough to stop salmenella. At least Grade "A" eggs should be safe. I mix them up with peanut butter, glutamine, and creatine in the morning with milk. If you put enough peanut butter in you wont even taste the raw eggs.
    Not true IMO...but to each his own.

I studied some of the farming practices in undergrad, for my nutrition major. Not pretty stuff...

and the grading doesn't have anything to do with how it's taken care of...it has to do with the "quality" of the egg...

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    Not true IMO...but to each his own.

I studied some of the farming practices in undergrad, for my nutrition major. Not pretty stuff...

and the grading doesn't have anything to do with how it's taken care of...it has to do with the "quality" of the egg...
    I agree with cb25 on all of his points quoted above.

During the time salmonella was all over the media, there were several "in-depth" and "undercover" news stories about it. As I recall, salmonella multiplies at alarmingly high rates as eggs get warmer. If the eggs are kept unrefrigerated during loading/unloading, salmonella can multiply and cause serious illness to those who eat the eggs raw. The amount of time unrefrigerated and the difference in temperature that will allow salmonella to grow quickly (as I recall) are both small. So, the grading is not what determines the safety, it is the handling (mainly by the distributors and retailers).

Your best bet is to cook them.

shootdeep is offline Member
    i spent a day in the ER last feb for SEVERE salmonella poisoning when i ate eggs that were runny. now i cook the hell out of them. i've never been that sick in my life!

Thread Information