Thread: high metabolism

Red_neck is offline New Member

high metabolism

I have a high metabolism, which makes it hard to gain, I can get some meds to lower my metabolism, would I gain muscle a little more easier?

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    a fast metabolism is not a bad thing. it may be easier said than done, but you just need to up your calories. your gains may not be as fast as you want them to be, but they will come. and the gains you get will be quality muscle that doesnt go away.

gradually increase your calories until you are able to consume between 3500-4000 per day. once you get there, then you can adjust your diet until you are happy with your results.

cnyce89 is offline Banned

BRO

i ahve the highest metabolism you can find...BUT in about 9 months of trainging my ass off and eating like there wasnt a tomorow i put on 12 pounds naturally

it can be dont...just dont waorry about eating clean you body will get rid of fat naturally...

EAT EAT EAT....it does work...just train so it doeant turn to fat.,..

C

cnyce89 is offline Banned

one more thing...

about big kevs advise...make sure you do gradually increas your cal intake, like he said..because if you consume too many calls...then it ill act like an laxative, and you will end up loosing weight......just thought i would fill you in...

Red_neck is offline New Member
    wouldn't it be easier if I just take these meds and have a lower metabolism, so I would gain faster. Please tell me a straight up ansewer, because I'm planning on visiting my doctor to get a perscribtiopn.

Don't fuck with your metabolism! How old are you bro? I know a ton of guys that would kill for a fast metabolism! Mine is fast as well, and I have to eat like its going out of style to put on mass.

Just eat a ton of protien and complex carbs ie veggies, wheat products, ect. Make sure you're getting two grams of protien for every pound you weigh and eating a large amount of cals like kev said, and you'll gain. Plus, having a fast metabolism makes it easy to stay lean while your putting on the mass.

Or, you could just go take the pill to lower your metabolism. It might make it so you don't have to eat as much, and it will make it a lot easier to put on a bunch of fat.

eat,eat eat,eat

hello

bro just eat eateat,I also hawe fast methabolisc!Take some MTC oil!

This is good if you hawe fast methabolism,but you must eat a lot!

forbb

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    "straight up" answer below...

Originally posted by bigkev
    a fast metabolism is not a bad thing. it may be easier said than done, but you just need to up your calories. your gains may not be as fast as you want them to be, but they will come. and the gains you get will be quality muscle that doesnt go away.

gradually increase your calories until you are able to consume between 3500-4000 per day. once you get there, then you can adjust your diet until you are happy with your results.

The Iron Game Guest
    Normally 6-8 meals are recommended / day, however in your case consume 4-5 instead. Dont walk when you can get the bus, tube or drive, dont stand when you can sit, dont use the stairs when you can use the elevator etc

Mr. Nobody is offline Associate Member
    Absolutely not, a slower metabolism also shows a slower protein turn over rate and that you dont want. Increased tsh production is also related to higher test production, do you want to lower your test?
    All it would do is make you fatter and looking like a girl. Why do you think we include T3 in our bulking cycles?

But you can lay down after meals and avoid aerobic activity at any cost. I would however stick to more frequent smaller meals in lieu of less for ease of caloric intake, blood sugar levels (insulin ) and digestion
    Last edited by Mr. Nobody; 01-09-2002 at 11:47 AM.

The Iron Game Guest
    When I was younger I used to eat very frequently, which only speed up the metabolism further, once consuming slightly bigger but eating less frequently I experienced a new growth spurt. I cannot comment on the theory or method you have mentioned but I spoke from experience.

Peace

solid90062 is offline Member
    The guys are right! Dont mess with that metabolism...I would kill for it myself! My weight will be a continuous struggle for the rest of my life. I have to treat food almost like a drug--measuring dosages and feeding intervals and such. Its a serious pain in that ass.
    Count your blessings and just try to add the calories too your diet. Even if you gain slower you will look better since you can maintain the leanness.

leanness?? is that a word? O well....

primodonna is offline Female Member
    You people with high metabolism's make me sick

Do you want to trade for the next 4 months? You'd put as much weight as you want "easily" with mine and i'll get ripped quicker with yours
    What happens here, stays here

Boston is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Tyler Durden
    Don't fuck with your metabolism! How old are you bro? I know a ton of guys that would kill for a fast metabolism!...
    Fast metabolism... must be nice! Sh*t, I just look at a pizza, and I gain 2 lbs. I would love to trade with you dude.

stevie is offline Junior Member
    you may not think so now, but the worst thing that could happen is you go from high metabolism with cut muscle, so low metabolism and FAT. I also have a high metabolism, and because of it, I gain real quality muscle, and I always look cut because I basically can't get a bf% higher than 9-10% even if I tried. You many not think so now, but a high metabolism is really something to be happy about. Gains may come a little harder, but hey, that's life.

Iconn is offline Associate Member
    Blah. Anyone can change their metabolism in about 3 days. It is not set in stone. If you eat once or twice a day your body will go into survival mode, store fat and slow the metab. If you eat more times a day the opposite happens. You also get more insulin which as diabetics know its hard to lose fat with insulin in you.

Thread Information