sdmedic21 is offline Junior Member

protein shake b4 bed??

I used to load up on carbs and Prot b4 bed to maximize growth at night...Now I am hearing that you should go to bed on an empty stomach because;

When you eat you release insulin , and insulin inhibits the release of GH. With out the GH in your system you can't grow...

Is this true....Or just another misconception????!!!!!!

Thanks

Current Cycle
    Sustenon - 250
    500 mg / wk
    8 wks

12lbs gain so far....on wk 4

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I was under the impression to take a protein shake before bed. I had a slow releasing protein blend and not just a 100% whey blend. I wouldn't eat carbs before bed though.

Diesel1 is offline Associate Member
    exactly what 50% said, slow release protein blend with very low to no carbs(high carbs(especially high glycemic) are what will give you an insulin release)

hawk9603 is offline Junior Member
    i was under the impression that havin a protein shake like 100% whey with some natty pb or flaxseed oil slow down the absorption is this tru? or is slow release protein the way to go at night

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Slow release protein, 20-30 grams, low to no carbs, right before bed, is the way to go. Don't overload on the protein as too much can cause sleeplessness..

Doc M

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Although I think the place sucks, GNC has a night protein that I used. Chocolate didn't taste too bad. Kinda pricey but good for you.

gino_slayer is offline Associate Member
    I eat a tub of cottage cheese and thats all before bed (60g protein). Doc M said too much protein can cause sleeplessness but I have never had a problem with it. And also, natty pb and/or flaxseed oil is also good before bed because it is basically jsut fat, (good fat tho) and it will slow digestion.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gino_slayer
    I eat a tub of cottage cheese and thats all before bed (60g protein). Doc M said too much protein can cause sleeplessness but I have never had a problem with it. And also, natty pb and/or flaxseed oil is also good before bed because it is basically jsut fat, (good fat tho) and it will slow digestion.
    This doesn't affect everyone, although it does most!! If it works for you then who can argue with that!!

Doc M

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    Slow release protein, 20-30 grams, low to no carbs, right before bed, is the way to go. Don't overload on the protein as too much can cause sleeplessness..

Doc M
    Doc M is 100% right on target.

Thread Information