Thread: Liver Values

PumpDaddy8303 is offline Junior Member

Liver Values

Its been 6 months since i ended my last cycle. I got a physical today and the doc says that my liver values are twice as high as they should be. I was thinking about going on my next cycle, but i am assuming that this wouldnt be good since my liver isnt back to normal. My cycle was just deca and in pretty high dosages. Should my liver values be back to normal by this time?

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    If your cycle was just Deca , and your liver values are twice what they should be, it sounds like you have something else going on there. Deca is only slightly liver toxic. What kind of doses are we talking about here? Can you think of anything else that may account for the toxicity?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    If your cycle was just Deca, and your liver values are twice what they should be, it sounds like you have something else going on there. Deca is only slightly liver toxic. What kind of doses are we talking about here? Can you think of anything else that may account for the toxicity?

Doses 300,600,900,1200,1200,1200,900,300 a week respectfully. No i cant think of anything else. I dont drink much and i dont do recreational drugs.

If your cycle was just Deca, and your liver values are twice what they should be, it sounds like you have something else going on there. Deca is only slightly liver toxic. What kind of doses are we talking about here? Can you think of anything else that may account for the toxicity?

The doc is doing another blood test on it. Hopefully your right so i can get into my next cycle soon. Maybe he screwed up something on the test.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I've never heard of anyone having liver problems with Deca , even at those doses. I hope it was just a testing mistake.

I've never heard of anyone having liver problems with Deca, even at those doses. I hope it was just a testing mistake.

Thanks bud. Makes me feel better. 6 months after the cycle i should be back to normal. Well i guess i will find out in a couple of days. My potassium level was also high. I'm not sure if AS cause that or not or what it really even means to my health

bump

FancyLad is offline Junior Member
    what liver values were high..? ALT,AST, BUN??

Quote Originally Posted by FancyLad

I have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by FancyLad

All he said is that is was double from what it should have been

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    If you got a CBC, which you more than likely did, your AST and ALT levels were checked(BUN is not a liver value)

What you need checked is your GGT. AST and ALT can be increased from muscle trauma/tissue damage, so even a hard day of tearing down muscle in the gym could elevate those levels.

Get on some Tylers Detox and r-ALA, get your levels checked again in a month(and make sure to tell the doc you want a GGT level checked)

Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    If you got a CBC, which you more than likely did, your AST and ALT levels were checked(BUN is not a liver value)

What you need checked is your GGT. AST and ALT can be increased from muscle trauma/tissue damage, so even a hard day of tearing down muscle in the gym could elevate those levels.

Get on some Tylers Detox and r-ALA, get your levels checked again in a month(and make sure to tell the doc you want a GGT level checked)

Where can i get that stuff and how much does it cost. Also if i tell him to check the ggt level will he get suspicious. Secondly i dont want to tell him i am on as. So if he asks me why i would want the ggt checked what should i say?

Quote Originally Posted by PumpDaddy8303
    Where can i get that stuff and how much does it cost. Also if i tell him to check the ggt level will he get suspicious. Secondly i dont want to tell him i am on as. So if he asks me why i would want the ggt checked what should i say?

How often should i take the detox and the other one. Just once? or everyday? And where can i get it

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    https://www.anabolicfitness.net/shop...21b29a22&id=26

You can get r-ala on Allsports Nutrition

When you tell your doc to check the GGT, tell him you were doing some researching, and discovered that AST and ALT levels can be elevated from muscle trauma/tissue damage, and you think consistant muscle breakdown from weight training could be the culprit.

Here is the study:

Am Osteopath Assoc 2001 Jul;101(7):391-4

Evaluation of aminotransferase elevations in a bodybuilder using anabolic steroids : hepatitis or rhabdomyolysis?

Pertusi R, Dickerman RD, McConathy WJ.

Department of Medicine, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107-2699, USA.

The use of anabolic steroids among competitive athletes, particularly bodybuilders, is widespread. Numerous reports have noted "hepatic" dysfunction secondary to anabolic steroid use based on elevated serum aminotransferase levels. The authors' objective was to assess whether primary care physicians accurately distinguish between anabolic steroid -induced hepatotoxicity and serum aminotransferase elevations that are secondary to acute rhabdomyolysis resulting from intense resistance training. Surveys were sent to physicians listed as practicing family medicine or sports medicine in the yellow pages of seven metropolitan areas. Physicians were asked to provide a differential diagnosis for a 28-year-old, anabolic steroid-using male bodybuilder with an abnormal serum chemistry profile. The blood chemistries showed elevated aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), and creatine kinase (CK) levels, and normal gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) levels. In the physician survey (n = 84 responses), 56% failed to mention muscle damage or muscle disease as a potential diagnosis, despite the markedly elevated CK level of the patient. Sixty-three percent indicated liver disease as their primary diagnosis despite normal GGT levels. Prior reports of anabolic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity that were based on aminotransferase elevations may have overstated the role of anabolic steroids. Correspondingly, the medical community may have been led to emphasize anabolic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity and disregard muscle damage when interpreting elevated aminotransferase levels. Therefore, when evaluating enzyme elevations in patients who use anabolic steroids, physicians should consider the CK and GGT levels as essential elements in distinguishing muscle damage from liver damage

Thread Information