Polska is offline Anabolic Member

Taking a clomid 'cycle' NOT as part of PCT, but to boost test levels?

According to my latest blood work I have slightly low test levels for my age group. I am due to jump on my 4th cycle starting in February or March of '04. However, I was thinking of running some clomid by itself before-hand. This would be more effective than taking any kind of trib or zma formula to boost strength, seeing that my levels are slightly deplated....

I will be shutting down the HTPA pretty hard in the new year with some prop/fina/eq... but I figure if I have higher test going in it'll allow for better recovery post cycle. I'll be running arimidex nolva AND clomid as part of my PCT.

So what do you guys think... is clomid alone before my cycle a good idea or not? And if so, how should I go about running it? Same as standard PCT 300/100/50? Thanks.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Might have application if you have low endogenous levels due to things like overtraining or a caloric deffecit. Same thing for OTC stuff like Tribulis - they work better as a booster for low endogenous hormones but have little effect in raising above and beyond that.

I think Triblulis (Acetobolan II from MuscleTech is a good cocktail to restore natural endogenous androgen levels) would be a safer, effective option in this case. Being on Clomid too much has been documented to cause visual disturbances.

Solrock is offline Member
    How are your testicles? (What a great question!) Have they fully recovered their size from last cycle?

When I ran tren for the first time, i was shut down HARD. I ran clomid for three months, and was still sub-par. I got some HCG in, and in a week, at 500ie ED, I was back. My test levels also increased.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know that going into a harsh cycle with higher test levels will make recovery any easier. Once you shut down your test production, it's done. Whether it was high or low to start with shouldn't matter when it's non-existant. Just focus on a good PCT program afterward.

-moto

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Now that I think more about it... it could actually NOT be beneficial cause higher andrgoen levels could increase SHBG that binds to free androgens - rendering them basically unusable. After awhile on cycle your body responds to high exogenous use by increasing its SHBG in an attmept to return to some sort of homeostatis. You would probably have an even more successful cycle starting out with lower endogenous levels... since SHBG should in fact be low as well. In this case, Proviron might be a better option to increase natural androgen levels since it has a favorable effect on SHBG.

Thread Information