BTIRON is offline New Member

Question 40 plus lifter

Im 43 years old and have been lifting on and off since I was a teenager. 5'9" 215 BF 18-20% Have never done anything other than a little creatine. Pretty thick guy with a 405 bench have a little bit of a belly. Have not had much in the way of gains for size and strenght in the last few years. My question is I have a friend who has offered to put me on sust for a 8-10 week cycle 250 twice aweek. Have read a lot of post on here that suggestion anyone with a high body fat will only get fatter. My friend has planted the idea in me that maybe since my metabolism has slowed and test levels have dropped that doing a little sus might help me drop some bodyfat and break my stale mate with stength/size gains. I appreciate all input

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    bro, sust at 250mg wont help very much, sust does not promote fat loss, only diet and exercise can help you obtain the wieghtloss your looking for...sust has 4 esters in it. you need a single ester for your first cycle. try test enanthate or test cyponaite...250mg of any type of gear wont help very much, you should try cyp or E at 500mg along with eq 400mg for 10 weeks...MM

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmax
    bro, sust at 250mg wont help very much, sust does not promote fat loss, only diet and exercise can help you obtain the wieghtloss your looking for...sust has 4 esters in it. you need a single ester for your first cycle. try test enanthate or test cyponaite...250mg of any type of gear wont help very much, you should try cyp or E at 500mg along with eq 400mg for 10 weeks...MM
    I think he said he was gonna do it twice a week so that would be 500mg of sus. but, agree with the single ester.

proskier is offline New Member
    I think you need to do more research. Certainly a single ester is the way to go first cycle. But, is your 5'9" frame ready to carry another 20lbs? My experience would say no. First, get the BF down to 10-12%. This would give you a starting weight around 190lbs. Then when you do a cycle you will be back at 210 -215. the increase will be mostly LBM if you are careful with the diet. Also, older guys, like us, PCT is critical and requires mucho research. I have followed std guidelines for PCT after a 10-12 week cycle. Kept gains but low sex drive, achy joints, and lethargic feeling lasted to long. I no longer do long cycles. My last two cycles were 4 weeks long using Deca and Winny. Good results. Minimal gains (5-6lbs) but virtually no post cycle crash and no need for extensive PCT. Much less stress on the body.
    Hardcore BBer's looking for massive gains do not do short cycles. If your goals are as you state, then shorter cycles might be in order. Check it out.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSEID
    I think he said he was gonna do it twice a week so that would be 500mg of sus. but, agree with the single ester.
    your right...i read to fast sometimes...MM

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    If I were you...I'd go have my Test levels checked by my doc....I bet you qualify for HRT...

D

somedude247 is offline Member
    Right now i'm on a Fina/Enathate cycle bro...bout 5 weeks into it, dropped some bodyfat.....add fina..its great for fat loss...

BTIRON is offline New Member

Sust

Quote Originally Posted by proskier
    I think you need to do more research. Certainly a single ester is the way to go first cycle. But, is your 5'9" frame ready to carry another 20lbs? My experience would say no. First, get the BF down to 10-12%. This would give you a starting weight around 190lbs. Then when you do a cycle you will be back at 210 -215. the increase will be mostly LBM if you are careful with the diet. Also, older guys, like us, PCT is critical and requires mucho research. I have followed std guidelines for PCT after a 10-12 week cycle. Kept gains but low sex drive, achy joints, and lethargic feeling lasted to long. I no longer do long cycles. My last two cycles were 4 weeks long using Deca and Winny. Good results. Minimal gains (5-6lbs) but virtually no post cycle crash and no need for extensive PCT. Much less stress on the body.
    Hardcore BBer's looking for massive gains do not do short cycles. If your goals are as you state, then shorter cycles might be in order. Check it out.
    The reason I choose sust is because its was offered to me for free. (not a scam just a good friend) Im really curious just how my body would react. Have been a very natural easier gainer my whole life and getting stuck the last year or so has me getting bored with my workouts. I do worry about putting on too much weight but thought I could control that a little bit through diet. (maybe not you guys know more than me) I know most people are saying why do it if your not going to try and get the full 15-20 pounds of potential gains. Its pretty much an experiment for me that if it dosent go the way I want it to I will stop.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    BTIRON....I'm the same age as you bro...before you do anything get your bf down first....work out a good diet and training program then you can jump in....DIET is key here your motab. is slowing down and for me also,we don't require the very high cal diets these younger men do..be careful about that....you might want to check out HGH...works wonders for us older bros and stacks well with test......good luck........DB

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSEID
    2 times a week injections of SUS will not do shyte for him...... his blood levels will be all over the place. I agree single estered test like cycp or enan will be best.

Da Bull brings up some good points also.

Thread Information