PurePower is offline Senior Member

Carb question on cycle.

while on a cutting cycle, is 100 grams of carbs too much. or should i cut it down?

before my cycle i will be living on meal replacements for 2 weeks.. And thats how many carbs are in 5 "meals".

BIGGIE_smalls is offline Associate Member
    what are your fitness goals that is motivating you to cut your carbs, pre-contest? or getting ready for spring?
    also, 100g of carbs are cool, but not for too long. might want to offset that low-carb deal to maybe like 3-4 day low @ 100g, then 1 day high, @ 200g or so. running low carb for too long, will flatten you out. on your high days, when increasing your carbs, increase your servings, of your complex carb source, i.e. brn rice, oats, etc. still eat clean, but start to measure out what servings you are running, then you will have a better understanding on how your body reacts to your dieting. everyone is different. also, supplement flax seed or another Omega-3 source, when cutting carbs. oh yea, sodium intake too. low. good luck brotha.

-Biggie.

LARGELI is offline New Member
    throw in some r-ala and you wont have to be so concerned with carbs.

BIGGIE_smalls is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LARGELI
    throw in some r-ala and you wont have to be so concerned with carbs.
    I would have to disagree w/ not being so concerned about carbs, if supplementing w/ r-ala. Supplementing w/ r-ala is beneficial during your high carb days, which will maximize glycogen stores into your cells, after metabolizing carbs on high days, therefore volumizing muscle fibers during workouts. r-ala increases capacity of receptor sites for glycogen stores. r-ala would not be beneficial for low carb days, because after a low carb intake has been metabolized, and now ready for glycogen storage, capacitty would be less than 100%. thefore r-ala would not be efficient on low carb days. high carb days yes, to maximize. and r-ala is not thermogenic.

-Biggie

Thread Information