newguy1 is offline New Member

Pain relivers on cycle

Is there anything wrong with taking ibeprofen or asprin or tylenol while on cycle?

Its a little dependant out what your cycling. If your cycling any 17aa s i.,e., dbol , winny, drol, etc., I would stay away from ibuprofen or any other heptoxic pain reliever because you'll be compounding the problem.

McBain is offline Member
    In general its not a good idea, NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs i.e. ibprofen, acetominophen, etc.) cause a decrease in protein synthesis, plus they are quite hard on the kidneys. Your kidneys will at least be a little strained in almost every cycle, especially in cycles that cause large increases in blood pressure.

Aside from that like dragonslayer said if you are using orals, definitely stay away.

Also why would you take any of those on a regular basis? In general those are merely band-aides to the problem. If it is to deal with an injury I'd suggest seeing a physical therapist or massage therapist to help correct the problem. If it is a true injury you are still getting over so you need it to dull the pain....well you shouldn't be cycling IMO with injuries.

newguy1 is offline New Member
    I'm taking ibuprofen to help with the swelling from my injection.

McBain is offline Member
    not really neccessary, if you need tips to reduce swelling and pain checkout this link

Ibuprofen is on there as a tip....but I'd only use it if you are shooting ED and need to hit bodyparts that can't really help but be painful...like in the past I've done that with bicep injects (bicep shots and T-100 don't mix well in my book)..but it should never become a regular thing with all injections, how often you shooting and what volume each time?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=70438

I have taken Vic's & Feldene ED since my last couple wipeouts in '98, and if Spasm's occur, Soma as well.
    But I never run orals more than 4 weeks, and Anadrol 3.

It's not my Kidneys I'm worried about, it my liver....haven't had it checked since Aug 2001 though

McBain is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSevnthWarrior
    I have taken Vic's & Feldene ED since my last couple wipeouts in '98, and if Spasm's occur, Soma as well.
    But I never run orals more than 4 weeks, and Anadrol 3.

It's not my Kidneys I'm worried about, it my liver....haven't had it checked since Aug 2001 though
    you should be more worried about your kidneys bro, the liver is quite rescilliant (doesnt mean you should ignore it tho) but the kidneys once they are damaged are very slow to recover, if they recover at all

Quote Originally Posted by McBain
    you should be more worried about your kidneys bro, the liver is quite rescilliant (doesnt mean you should ignore it tho) but the kidneys once they are damaged are very slow to recover, if they recover at all
    No, the Liver is hardly "resilliant," and once you damage your Liver, you're done, I have one dead friend so far to prove it. Once that puppy is damaged, you can Magically force feed that sucker Glycogen Cells by the truck load to no avail.
    Plus, Liver transplants are few and far between, without a serious car accident or something similar, you won't find one, no one is going to give up their only Liver, and if one does become availible, 100 people with more money than you, regardless of who was on the waiting list first, gets the Liver first, and even then, your chances of living long, if at all with your new Liver are slim. (Ask Mickey Mantle)(or should I say his remaining family) Liver's on the Black Market go anywhere from $100,000, to $1,000,000! You can get a Kidney for $10,000.

Kidneys on the other hand are much more availible since most people have two (my Grandpa had three until 4 years ago).
    My Brother died from complications unrelated to his Kidneys before we could actually get a new one in Him...he was on Dialysis for 4 years, the last 8 months with No Kidneys at all. Something you can't do with the Liver.
    Kidney failure is a Very Serious thing, but you do have "some" leway, but when the Liver goes....it's time to get right with God.
    I would much rather know I'm going to be on that dang Machine until I can get a Donor, which will almost certainly happen, than to know I need a Donor, and knowing I'm almost promised that one isn't coming, and there is little to Nothing that can be done to improve the situation in the mean time.
    So if I'm going to ever get my pick between the two to go wrong on me, I'm pickin' the Kidney.
    Last edited by TheSevnthWarrior; 12-22-2003 at 04:43 PM.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSevnthWarrior
    No, the Liver is hardly "resilliant," and once you damage your Liver....
    Not true. Liver is efficient at taking care of itself and as far as internal organs go, very resilient. Having said that, don't use that as as excuse to be careless.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Not true. Liver is efficient at taking care of itself and as far as internal organs go, very resilient. Having said that, don't use that as as excuse to be careless.
    Well stud, maybe I can just give you his parents phone number, and you can call them up, tell them the Doctors were all wrong, therefore it's just a big mix up, and we'll just get a court order to dig him back up, and we'll all live happily ever after?

Or, maybe I could (ironically) send you a recent article from our local paper on a girl that is facing Liver failure from ONE NIGHT of taking too many Acetometiphen's for a headache that wouldn't go away.

Or, there's my 41 yr old neigbor who after a ONE yr drinking binge following a painfull divorce, has been diagnosed with Steatohepititus, Fatty Liver accompanied by Inflamation to Hepatocytes, a predominant liver cell type, which they have now learned has lead to scaring, and Cirrhosis.
    Then there are all the other Liver Problems that luckily haven't hit so close to home (yet) Such as:
    Caroli Disease
    Alagille Syndrome
    Auto Immune Hepatitis Syndrome
    Budd-Chiari Syndrome
    Byler Disease
    Alpha-1 Antitrypsin
    Hepatitis A,B,& C
    There's almost no end to the huge list of diseases that not only attack, but attack first, this "resilient" organ.

Ya know, it never ceases to amaze me how many times life forces you to learn something first hand the hard way, only to have someone tell you that the painfull thing you just learned isn't really true after all.???????????
    Ya know, another thing, if my good friend would have lived, I would have agreed with you. Ya know why, because the Bonehead Doctor that looked at him first said, get this, "I don't think we have anything to worry about, the Liver is a very "resilient" organ" (yeah, he said that)...and with a sigh of relief, we started to joke a little.....the joking didn't last long.
    Turns out the Kidney can have up to 80% damage before showing any symptoms (this was the begining of my Brother's demise) where as the Liver can only take about half that before showing symptoms.......'course Hell maybe there all wrong too........
    This must be the week God set aside for everyone to hit on topics that I feel Passionate about. So be it......

Sorry Chic if it seems I got a bit carried away, my friend died at Christmas time, so every year at this time it's resurected in my mind...we were close, so maybe I'm abnormally touchy.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    No offense taken, I cannot claim to understand what you have gone through. Sorry about your friend.

The doc likely said that because statistically speaking, the liver is a very resilient organ. No one is disputing that there is a myriad of diseases and disorders which affect every part of the body, liver included. Bottom line is we are all taking risks in every facet of our lives and a statistically unlikely event can happen to anyone at any time.

Yeah Chic, you're probably right.
    Since all that happened I've been paraniod about my Liver due to the fact that I partied 10 X's more than he did, and his took a dump.
    Then after that I did a good bit of research and found all these different diseases, and peoples stories of their fight with liver problems, and the more I read the more common knowledge it seemed to be, when all along I hadn't really heard all that much about it before this happened...Of course I guess you could look up just about any organ and find plenty of horror stories.
    So "statistically" speaking, it would only make sense that it should be (resilient).....I believe in a Creator, and He only gave us one of those.....He must of had a reason?
    Again, I apologize for venting, it's a bad habit I struggle with.

Thread Information