Thread: clomid sucks

cantqwit is offline Associate Member

clomid sucks

i hate it. i feel like an emotional bitch on it. and the acne is bad. i sware ive ran 4 cycles in 2 years and never got any acne during the cycles its always during clomid. its such a catabolic time. loose shirts, weakened lifts and i have no appetite or sex drive. ive heard that tribex and or acetabolan by muscletech work just as well. i never have kept more than 60% of my weight gained in any cycle and ive always ran clomid properly. i think its overated and overhyped a bit. maybe my body just doesnt do anything with it. hell i dont know. i think after this one ill try other alternatives next time. just my 2 cents.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, Yeah, it might suck, but it's definitely needed!!! I always feel wonderful on CLOMID!

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Clomid can do it all by itself........ You need to make sure you keep your calories at the same point you did in the cycle or better yet a little higher. Also, it's not the clomid causing the acne and emotional problems it's the hormonal flux your body is going through while it tries to get your HPTA back up.

Use clen durring PCT it will help keep your energy up....... also Nolva and Tibbulus are great to add to PCT.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    I'll tell ya what man, stick with it. It'll help you get your test going again, which isn't something to take lightly.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    True enough, it def affects everyone different. Stick with it for sure.

toolman is offline Banned
    Gives me the odd monster zit here and there, but gets the nads cranking again.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    You get like that cause it's not the best at controling estrogen, it's the estrogen that makes you emotional. Try nolva it's much better on controlling estrogen and with raising LH.

Here's a study comparing clomid and nolva

Hormonal effects of an antiestrogen, tamoxifen, in normal and oligospermic men.

Vermeulen A, Comhaire F.

The administration of tamoxifen , 20 mg/day for 10 days, to normal males produced a moderate increase in luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), testosterone , and estradiol levels, comparable to the effect of 150 mg of clomiphene citrate (Clomid). However, whereas Clomid produced a decrease in the LH response to LH-releasing hormone (LHRH), no such effect was seen after the administration of tamoxifen. In fact, prolonged treatment (6 weeks) with tamoxifen significantly increased the LH response to LHRL. Treatment of patients with "idiopathic" oligospermia for 6 to 9 months resulted in a significant increase in gonadotropin, testosterone, and estradiol levels. A significant increase in sperm density was observed only in subjects with oligospermia below 20 X 10(6)/ml and normal basal FSH levels. When basal FSH levels were increased or oligospermia was moderate (greater than 20 X 10(6)/ml); no effect on sperm density was seen. As sperm density increased, FSH levels decreased, suggesting an inhibin effect. Sperm motility was not improved by tamoxifen treatment. In five boys with delayed puberty, tamoxifen treatment appeared to activate the pituitary-gonadal axis and pubertal development.

JohnnyB

Thread Information