Doobie Wah is offline Junior Member

AAS Board and your environment-not a question

This will be my last statements on the subject. i dont want to get into a pissing contest and I've greatly appreciated the help this board has provided.

To me an AAS board should be the point of interest. all aspects that affect your program should be game as long as the point of interest is AAS. This includes diet, exercise, roids, anything in your environment that may affect your program. I agree if your point of interest is something different like recreational drugs you shouldn't be here.

But if your point of interest is AAS and your concerned about how other things in your environment, your past and present lifestyle, and certain temptations will affect your program, as long as its not the point of interest, and as long as say for example recreational drugs aren't condoned, there shouldn't be anything wrong with informing our brothern on the topic that they will kill your program. It just seemed like we could just say that and not be so judgmental, thats all.

I just didn't think we should bury our head in the sand and pretend they dont exist and none of us have ever done them. I didn't think there would be anything wrong with saying they will kill your program without telling someone who may be trying to kick a problem and asked for help to kiss off and kick them off the board, thats all. It's not my point of interest. I dont care to discuss them I want to know more about cycles, stacking, homebrew, proper use of roids, the most efficient excercise regimes, etc; I'll get off my soapbox now

Thats just me and i wont bring up this issue again, i'm just explaining my justification for making the statements I did. Sorry to ruffle any feathers.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    christ bro, let me say it simply for you, people on this board do not want unwanted attention, and believe it or not, the feds care WAY more about recreationaly drugs than they do about aas, i'm not saying they don't care about aas, but stuff like coke, herion, etc raises a red flag on high, so people who care about this board snuff out any talk of the afforementioned drugs so as not to raise any eyebrows in our direction

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member

Da Bull is offline Banned
    This is an anabolic discussion board..I need not say more..

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    A valid point, but at the same time, common sense tells a person whats counter productive to the goal of a bodybuilder. Locking a thread about RD's is not done in an attempt to pass judgment, as a lot of bros here have come from the world of drugs used for euphoria, as opposed to physical enhancement(myself included)
    It is also true that RD's are still a part of many bro's lives( I have even given into temptation on the once and a while)

The position of the board(at least in my opinion) is that discussion of recreational drugs tends to open up unneeded controversy, also bringing out the few that still use and claim safe use in conjunction with their AS life-style. The real fact is that while AS and rec drugs are both illegal, and both forms of altering the physical state; they are conflicting ways of practice.

Common sense tells a man that rec drugs are counter productive. Posting a question about using both is usually an attempt to get an answer that just isn't true- That both can be done safely in conjunction with each other.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno

The position of the board(at least in my opinion) is that discussion of recreational drugs tends to open up unneeded controversy, also bringing out the few that still use and claim safe use in conjunction with their AS life-style. The real fact is that while AS and rec drugs are both illegal, and both forms of altering the physical state; they are conflicting ways of practice.

well said, and i couldnt agree more............

peace I4L

I feel pretty certain there aren't going to be any subpeoanas by the feds to find out who the board members are or shut down the board for discouraging recreational drug use. Your way to paranoid man.

There are boards that focus on prostitution, conspiracy to commit prostitution etc. and they don't go find out who they are and shut down those boards.

The feds probably appreciate those of us that discourage recreational drug use if anything. don't worry you aren't going to jail. sorry, i said it would be my last word on the topic and i wouldn't be getting into pissing contests, my main concern is to get you to relax and not get overly worried thats all. This will be my final word we are now beginning to focus on the wrong point of interest.

I do understand what you are saying though and you make a good point. keep up the good work, this board is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Doobie Wah
    I feel pretty certain there aren't going to be any subpeoanas by the feds to find out who the board members are or shut down the board for discouraging recreational drug use. Your way to paranoid man.

There are boards that focus on prostitution, conspiracy to commit prostitution etc. and they don't go find out who they are and shut down those boards.

The feds probably appreciate those of us that discourage recreational drug use if anything. don't worry you aren't going to jail. sorry, i said it would be my last word on the topic and i wouldn't be getting into pissing contests, my main concern is to get you to relax and not get overly worried thats all. This will be my final word we are now beginning to focus on the wrong point of interest.

I do understand what you are saying though and you make a good point. keep up the good work, this board is great!
    I repeat.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Why dont you go find a AAS board that allow talk about RD's too instead of bothering us with your rants? We like it the way it is around here.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Why dont you go find a AAS board that allow talk about RD's too instead of bothering us with your rants? We like it the way it is around here.
    i don't think he's against the board's policies, i think he just doesn't understand why the dude wasn't allowed to ask the question

come on man

Re-reading his post, he should have initially stated his intent was not to use RD in conjunction with AAS and he was off RD, trying to make himself a better person. So I could see where he should have been put down at first before he clarified. My fault there.

It turned out his question was about transtioning into AAS and making himself into a better person OFF RD, NOT IN CONJUCTION WITH RD
    Now that his full story was known, if what he says is true, things are different.

I do see where it stirs up controversy our boy from boston has nothing to contribute to my understanding, or all our understanding to make this a better board, if that's what's needed here, but his smart ass violin avatar. Maybe a little forgiveness in his heart once the guys full story was known would have been nice. But none of us are perfect. I'm not exactly a saint myself. I don't know if it was a good idea to dispense medical advice without a license telling a guy about needles when he should and shouldn't be using them after what I guess what he assumed was a needle RD problem.

My fault, you guys win, except I recommend sending our boy from boston to charm school. just kidding, no hard feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Doobie Wah
    Re-reading his post, he should have initially stated his intent was not to use RD in conjunction with AAS and he was off RD, trying to make himself a better person. So I could see where he should have been put down at first before he clarified. My fault there.

It turned out his question was about transtioning into AAS and making himself into a better person OFF RD, NOT IN CONJUCTION WITH RD
    Now that his full story was known, if what he says is true, things are different.

I do see where it stirs up controversy our boy from boston has nothing to contribute to my understanding, or all our understanding to make this a better board, if that's what's needed here, but his smart ass violin avatar. Maybe a little forgiveness in his heart once the guys full story was known would have been nice. But none of us are perfect. I'm not exactly a saint myself. I don't know if it was a good idea to dispense medical advice without a license telling a guy about needles when he should and shouldn't be using them after what I guess what he assumed was a needle RD problem.

My fault, you guys win, except I recommend sending our boy from boston to charm school. just kidding, no hard feelings.
    I think this. The mods say no posts about recreational drugs. I agree. It's not hard to just do what they say, and Anyone who says otherwise is just complaining. Whining if you will. Thus, i play them a song on my tiny violin. I have no sympathy for addicts or complainers.
    And for the record, i have many things to contribute.. but when it comes to this, all i can say is boo ****ing hoo. If you don't like the board, go somewhere else.

Smile okay sure

chris buddy:
    there you go again, tonight i'm going to pray that I've underestimated you and if you're not really a nice guy which I bet you are, that your heart will soften.

i don't dislike the board, how could you possibly draw that conclusion.

good luck

daWhoady is offline Associate Member
    I understand if you have a conflicting ideal as to how things should work around here, but that can be taken up with the Mods and Admins. No need to bring it out in the open and have this.

Got a complaint or issue with the way things are run around here, PM a mod or admin.

everythings cool

If you're talking to me buddy, I have no problem with the way things are run around here. I think if you'll read the posts you'll see that is not the issue, at least at this point. I think you'll see that the issues and the way things are run around here have been discussed, learned, and worked out at this point. If I could have anticipated the direction of this thread, the strict interpretations and sensitivities of others with regard to certain issues, I would have, but I couldn't.

The most recently discussed issue, which I believe you are referring to, has been put to rest for all intents and purposes, which is my perception of mean spirited non-tolerence of the frailties of others by certain individuals which I have taken issue with and it's over. It's all behind us, and further guidance on your part, while it might otherwise be commendable, is unnecessary at this point.

I think you'll also see that there are moderators and super moderators already part of the discussion and things are worked out. So why don't we all get a good nights sleep and not worry about it any further.
    Last edited by Doobie Wah; 12-28-2003 at 10:20 PM.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Alright people, this is getting redundant. DW had a question with some valid points. The manner in which he posted was appropriate and respectfull, and his question was answered to his satisfaction.

An explaination is not required when confronted with questions of this manner, but it sure does lend a grasp to both, operations here, and the cordiality of the members, mods, and Admins that decide to comment.

Lets let it die

ddrew is offline Associate Member
    Guys, I have to back Doobie on this one. I have known many people that have used certain RD to increase appitite and while doing so are concerned that it is suppressing there natural test production. I have also known several powerlifters that use certain RD to boost there energy and drive on meet days. In these cases I feel that they are related enough to the other things we do to warrent further disscussion. If this board for whatever reasons choses to focus only only certain aspects of bodybuilding/powerlifting and then completely ignore others that's fine, my point is that there are times when rd's come into play in some of our lifestlyes and I think we should be able to provide advice and direction to people who are trying to find out more about the particular use's I have outlined above.

Thread Information