BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member

Starting anti-e's before a cycle begins?

I've considered starting my anti-e's a few days to a week before my cycle begins. The reason for starting early is to have the anti-e in my system so they start working immidiately on the steroids as I start using them. Especially when using proviron which allegedly helps free up extra testosterone .

Here are 3 questions I need answered in order to decide whether or not this is a good idea:

1. How long does it take for an anti-e (specifically proviron and Arimidex ) to begin taking effect?
    2. How long do proviron and Arimidex remain active?
    3. Will injesting proviron and Arimidex the same day the cycle begins be more, less or just as effective as starting anti-e's a few days to a week before the cycle?

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Bump

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    I believe I read something by MudMan or Pheedno that said they start a week early. I'm not sure.
    Please someone help educate me also.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    I believe I read something by MudMan or Pheedno that said they start a week early. I'm not sure.
    Please someone help educate me also.
    Yep.... I run mine a week before my cycles and then continue Nolva for a week past PCT.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Yep.... I run mine a week before my cycles and then continue Nolva for a week past PCT.
    I thought it was you bro. Can you give me a little info on why? I know you probably have some were else but I can't find it.

I run nolva and l-dex as my anti-e's...... Nolva I belive has a active half-life of 5 or 7 days and l-dex 3 days...... So I just like starting them a week out so that I have my blood concentration where it should be for those drugs so that they are working before I run my cycle.

Running nolva after PCT is just so that I don't see a rebound just in case my test levels aren't where they should be.

I'm not a scientist and I I know I'm not the smartest man around but I just do what I feels right for me......... I haven't had problems in the past so I feel this is best method for me.
    Last edited by TheMudMan; 12-29-2003 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks, TheMudMan. That info is definitely helpful--especially about the half lifes.

Can anyone can answer the 3 questions in the first post (with regards to Proviron and Arimidex ?
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 12-29-2003 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    TheMudMan,

Why did you do do it? Was your decision based on any research?

Can anyone can answer the 3 questions in the first post?
    I just think it's a smart way for ME to cycle............ it takes time for blood concentrations to be built so I feel this will get them to the point or near where they should be before I start the cycle. Yes some of my decission was from things I've read and discussions with other AS users.

1. How long does it take for an anti-e (specifically proviron and Arimidex ) to begin taking effect?
    **** Don't know but I will look into this for my own good

2. How long do proviron and Arimidex remain active?
    **** I know Ameridex has a active half life of 3 days..... Don't know the answer for Proviron

3. Will injesting proviron and Arimidex the same day the cycle begins be more, less or just as effective as starting anti-e's a few days to a week before the cycle?
    ****** I think anyone would be fine starting the day of the cycle because just like the anti-e's AS still has to get your blood concentration built up as well. Now maybe with suspension or very fast acting AS like prop you might want to start anti-e's earlier.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    ive seen articles in certain mags that recommend starting up to 2 weeks before your cycle.

i usually start a week before mine. i feel this is plenty of time, but i could be wrong.........

peace I4L

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    It is a good idea, so that you can reach peak blood plasma levels of the anti-e before conversion gets to high from what ever hormone your shooting.

Roughly 4x the half-life of a drug to reach peak levels, so you'd want to look up the half life and nail down a good start point from there

I know peak levels of anastrozole and exemestane, seen in a case study of comparison to letrozole , reaches peak levels in 7 days, while letro, took 60 days.

I'll see if I can grab the study and post it

Pheedno is offline Respected Member

Thank you.

For clarification:
    Arimidex = anastrozole
    Aromasin = exemestane
    Femara = letrozole

Thread Information