Harvey Balboner is offline Retired Moderator

Tips For Less Painful Injections

I’ve seen a lot of posts about injections pain & questions, so I put together some tips for injecting to help make it less painful.

* Use the proper injection site. See http://www.spotinjections.com
    * Rotate injection spots, don't always inject in the same location.
    * If you are new to injecting, I recommend doing your injections in the glutes.
    * Wipe area with alcohol prep pad.
    * Use the correct length pin, and insert it all the way into the muscle. A good rule of thumb is 1.5 inch for glutes, 1 inch for delts, quads, biceps, triceps.
    * Push needle in with a dart like motion. It sounds painful, but this is actually the least painful method, it goes in so quick you don’t feel it.
    * Keep the pin straight, don’t move it around.
    * ALWAYS ASPIRATE !
    * Always use a new needle.
    * Don’t inject with anything larger than 22 guage.
    * Disperse oil by injecting very, very slowly.
    * After injection, wipe area with alcohol prep pad.
    * Massage the injected area for a few minutes.

If you have a painful oil to inject.

* Heat the oil before injection (either in bottle/vial or after loaded in pin, by running it under hot water.)
    * If you have a painful oil to inject (some brands test prop, sust, ect.) you can dilute it with injectable vitamin B-12.

If certain areas are painful to inject.

* Ice cube on the site of injection for a few minutes before injecting. This helps if it is a tender injection spot, or to numb the area.
    * Ibuprofen 30 minutes – 1 hour before your shot, this can help with painful areas.
    * Heat after injection, heat pack or hot shower.
    * Light exercise for the area injected immediately after injection. (Biceps - 21’s & hammer curls, quads/glutes - body weight squats, delts – delt raises, calf – calf raises.)
    * If you have pain later after the injection or the next day, you may want to try alternating heating and cooling. I personally find that heating right after the injection, and an ice pack much later or the nest day if you get any pain works well for me. Do not leave an ice pack on for more than 15 minutes.

Remember the site you inject into might be little sore the next day, but don’t worry, after you get used to injecting you won’t really feel it anymore.

MachZ is offline Member
    Great info! I too use a heat pack for a bit after my injections and its working pretty good.

Jackman is offline Banned
    thank you...... guess you saw my post hehe

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    bump

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Here's some info regarding how to do less painful glute shots:

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=21360

Swellin Guest
    Man, Harvey was in the most recent group of new mods, and already posted a couple of very useful compilations of info...worthy of being moved to the Ed threads.

Nice work.

since were on the subject i am still fearing qaud injections, i am doing a quad a week and have done at least ten quad injects. spotinjections shows where it should go in but i may have some different nerves and stuff cause i always feel something strange and unusual during the stab. do you guys that quad inject shoot closer to the knee or higher up towards the hip? do you go in from the top or side?

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrider38
    since were on the subject i am still fearing qaud injections, i am doing a quad a week and have done at least ten quad injects. spotinjections shows where it should go in but i may have some different nerves and stuff cause i always feel something strange and unusual during the stab. do you guys that quad inject shoot closer to the knee or higher up towards the hip? do you go in from the top or side?
    Like SGFury, I also use a slow...feel your way method with the pin. When I do the quad shot, I am much closer to my hip than to my knee. In fact, I go at a level almost even with the scrote...on tyhe outside of course. If you imagine a the face of a clock, cuperimposed in a cross sectioon of your thigh...12 is straight up/ forward...3 is directly to the outside (right thigh)..6...directly behind/below......
    I go in around 1:30-2:00...pointing toward the center of the clock with the pin. I feel my way in. Absolutely no major problems or pain. I wiggled a little this morning, and got more than I bargained for, but no biggie.

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SGFuryZ
    I disagree with the dart method. I treat it like accupuncture. I gently poke around until the area feels "dull", then I push in slowly but firmly, and it goes in like butter. Using this method, I've NEVER had a painful inject. I've gotten pretty close to nerves, but if I do happen to feel like I'm getting close to one, I'll adjust the needle slightly and continue pushing through.

this is how i do them too, with no pain at all. plus i take a shower and what ever muscle is going to get stuck, i just turn the water oh scolding and heat that area up before the inject. needle slides like butter into the warm muscle.

Kato is offline Member
    how in the hell do you guys keep steady on the glute shot? i was all over the place last night and today its fairly painful. I had no control w/ it?

Thread Information