ph34rsh4ck is offline Member

Protien Question

Nope
    Last edited by ph34rsh4ck; 06-14-2020 at 07:35 AM.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ph34rsh4ck
    k i was just reading on another part of the forum, a guy was asking how much protien u should take in in every meal, i was just thinking about this today cause i was eating a **** load, i had like 4beef patties (30 g's pro a piece) and a 45 g protien shake afterwards, 165g's right there, now was it pointless for me to eat all that beef or to have the protien shake?? please hELP~~! ;/ (im also currently on a cycle of t2 and EQ)
    If you ate them all at once then that would seem like a waste. It used to be thought that 40 grams was maximum for a meal. I've known people that take as much as 80 grams a meal. As far as there being a set amount I don't really feel there is one, just as in the same note everyones body does not absorb the same amount of protein, so it seems best to adjust your intake through how you eat during the day to allow for 1+ grams of protein per pound of bodyweight

GearAholic is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    yeah i always heared 50 grams max on each meal and meals had to be atleast 3 hours apart

SaTyR is offline Member
    Your liver can only break down about 30g or protein each 3 houres , its totally pointless to eat over 30g per meal ! I eat 28g per meal and eat 7 meals thats almost 200 protein each day , enough for a guy my weight ( 170lbs ) .

Happy new year

Quote Originally Posted by SaTyR
    Your liver can only break down about 30g or protein each 3 houres , its totally pointless to eat over 30g per meal ! I eat 28g per meal and eat 7 meals thats almost 200 protein each day , enough for a guy my weight ( 170lbs ) .

Happy new year
    That may work for smaller guys but people who are large need a lot more than 30g per meal.

GearAholic is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSEID
    That may work for smaller guys but people who are large need a lot more than 30g per meal.
    totally agree

The average 200 lb joe can ingest and absorb 50-60 gms of protein every 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. The answer to your question is break your beef patties up and your shakes into this time frame and eat 1 1/2-2gms of protein per lb and this should get you goin.

Whatcha gonna do..........

SaTyR is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSEID

You only need 1,5g of protein / kg bodyweight . You really don't need more , some say 3g of protein / kg bodyweight . If you weigh 200lbs you only need 150g of protein , if you go over that number , the more protein you eat , the more calcium you get . But to much calcium isnt good eather , you will loose more calcium in you urine and this means ( your bones are gonna break down ) dunno how to say it in english . To little protein isnt good but to much neather ...

Happy new year

shootdeep is offline Member
    i use 1.75gms/lb of bodyweight an that works for me. not all bodies process protein th same. i was using the 1.5gms rule and i was sore for too long after workouts. i kept bumping it and at about 430grams per day it was working well. i cut it back when i'm not on a cycle. start at 1.5gms/lb of bodyweight and go from there. good luck bro

diesel21 is offline Member
    true, 30 grams a meal... meat is digested 8 grms per hour...

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    You only need 1,5g of protein / kg bodyweight . You really don't need more , some say 3g of protein / kg bodyweight . If you weigh 200lbs you only need 150g of protein , if you go over that number , the more protein you eat , the more calcium you get . But to much calcium isnt good eather , you will loose more calcium in you urine and this means ( your bones are gonna break down ) dunno how to say it in english . To little protein isnt good but to much neather ...

Happy new year
    Unless i'm missing something thats bad math. If you are going to ingest 1.5gms of protein per lb of body weight and you weigh 200 pounds you need to eat 300 grams of protein a day

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    Unless i'm missing something thats bad math. If you are going to ingest 1.5gms of protein per lb of body weight and you weigh 200 pounds you need to eat 300 grams of protein a day

he was measuring in kg

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    When on cycle I eat 5 meals a day that average 40-70grams of protein each. I personally don't put much faith in the shakes, I may drink one a day if that. I try to get most of my protein from eggs and white meat... but that's just me. Talk to Daem, he puts a can of tuna in his shake and slams it! too hardcore for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sin
    he was measuring in kg

"If you weigh 200lbs you only need 150g of protein" straight from his post

sin
    "If you weigh 200lbs you only need 150g of protein" straight from his post

he also said you need 1.5g of protein per kg of body weight. if you convert it to pounds, it would be a 200lb man eating 300g of protein. like i said before he measured in kg, he just didnt do the conversion right.

sin
    wait. sorry demon your right. its too early for me to do conversions in my little brain.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    I always take 15-20g's of protein over bodyweight.. so that for me measures out to be 50-55g's of protein at a meal spread over 5 meals... As my bodyweight increases during this cycle i just started my protein intake will too. Remember most steroids create a positive nitrogen balance in the muscle allowing for more protein to be absorbed and stored

thanks guys, guess ill start minimzing the sizes of the meals and maximizing the #'s of em per day thanks for the help

Nope
    Last edited by ph34rsh4ck; 06-14-2020 at 07:35 AM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    eggs have 3, maybe 5 if you eat the yolk. about protein, your body is differnt, so it takes a few trials to see what works best for you, after time your body can assmilate(digest/absorb) more and more, id eat atleast 35gm a meal, no more than 60, anything over that is a waste, more so if your a beginner or just gotten the diet thing going or down, if u have a few years of training and diet, then you can handle a small ammount more each meal. your liver doenst absorb protein, your stomach and intestines do, you liver converts it. the more stress you place on(by working out, cardio, so on) the more you need. if your bustin ass in the gym, youll need more. do your own math, and figure out how much you need, 1.5gm PerLB of BW is a good number, if your a more expiernced trainer, youll need more, dont go over 2 though, unless your bulkin, then you can go slightly over it. increase your water intake with protein intake, and dont forget the importance of carbs, quality ones at that. the best times to take in protein is after work out, before bed, and when u wake up. rest should be spaced about 2hrs apart, try not to go over 3hours without protein. other than that, its pretty much it. good luck.

SaTyR is offline Member

If you had read good you could have seen i wrote KG instead of LBS , kg is about 2,2 bigger than lbs . 1kg = 2,2lbs .
    200lbs = about 100kg X 1,5 = 150 .

Happy new year

SaTyR is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ph34rsh4ck
    oh yea another quick question, how much protien does one egg have?
    The white of the egg has 7g protein the orange thingy 1g ( sorry really dont know how to call it )

Happy new year
    Read it again yourself boss. I clearly see and i quote "If you weigh 200lbs you only need 150g of protein."

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    My beef about this whole post is that protien isn't broken down by the liver. It is broken down by peptidases in the stomache and small intestines and then absorbed in the form of aminos and small chain protiens. due to the fact that it takes around 10 hours for whatever you eat to pass through the stomache and then small intestine, i think that a meal of almost any size can be digested almost completely.

There's still no clear cut answer cause everyone has there own opinion. But everyone seems to agree with 1-2 grams per pound of bodyweight.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Way too much protein at once.

30-50 gms every 2-3 hrs...depending on weight and metabolism...that's what I've always heard.
    I do 50 every 2-3 hrs....2gm per pound when bulking ...works for me.

rather have too much than too little, but this really isn't an opinion question I have read research that states that on average an active grown male can digest 50-60gms of protein every 2-3hrs but I have never read any fool proof research that says the suggested amount is 1.5-2gms of protein per lb. this is just a suggestion that is why it is debatable. anyone have any fool proof backing to this suggestion.

Whatcha gonna do..........

Thread Information