At what age do you stop progressing?

I am 39 1/2, and just finishing my second cycle. I have seen some dececnt gains but nothing to really get all excited about. at my age am I too old to make a dramatic transformation body wise? I have 16 years of serious natural wieght lifting with great results and just felt it was time to hit the sauce.
    My current cycle is this,
    1 - 15 test e 500 wk
    1 - 10 deca 400 wk
    1 - 6 dboll 50 aday

pct to start in a few days...

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    How was your diet..... were you taking in enough calories to grow or gain as much as you wanted?

I know guys at my gym in their late 30's 40's that make great gains and look just as good as some of the younger guys iin the gym.

My diet was and is all good, i gained 15 pounds so far, I am carrying some of the weight as fat though.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrider38
    My diet was and is all good, i gained 15 pounds so far, I am carrying some of the weight as fat though.
    It might not be fat it could be water from the gear....... all of the gear used in your cycle will make you hold water.

It feels like fat when i squeeze it.

Ok........... 15 lbs on your cycle isn't a lot like you said but if I were you I would look at my diet and see if there can be improvmrnts made there........... Diet is key and makes or breaks your cycle.

Thanks Mudman, Im sure diet can be improved.... At what age do you think the gains will be hampered?

That's hard to determine because a lot has to be taken into consideration. Your genetics is your biggest factor I feel, and then I would say your natural test levels will play a big role as well......... I truley can't answer your q's hopefully one of the vets or mods have an answer for you.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I wouldn't think gains made on a cycle would drop off as a person ages... too much...

When you go on a cycle you pretty much turn off your natural androgens by jacking them up with exogenous use.

With that said, the endocrine system is a very complex system and an older individuals body may be less primed to exert the full anabolic effects...

But what TheMudMan was saying about diet is key. Your body can not build without the bricks... you can't expect to build a mansion with only the supplies to build a shed...
    Last edited by Warrior; 01-01-2004 at 01:31 PM.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    You're definitely not too old to make a dramatic change in your body. Do an internet search on Don Youngblood.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    This is a generalization and by no means applies to everyone but most muscle density and maturity is achieved somewhere between 27 and 33. After 35 it because harder to make gains but certainly can be done. Anyone using AAS can continue to see gains and anyone who is just starting out can certainly increase over what they have with diet and resistance training. Examples of this can be seen in many studies showing the benefits of weight training in the elderly.

magnusson is offline Junior Member
    Whats arnold, like 55 in T3. Doesn't look like his gains are slowin anytime soon.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    You're definitely not too old to make a dramatic change in your body. Do an internet search on Don Youngblood.
    He turns 50 this year and is 295 in the off season... (www.donyoungblood.com)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails At what age do you stop progressing?-train11.jpg  
    Last edited by Warrior; 01-01-2004 at 04:04 PM.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Don Youngblood is an animal... Beyond Impressive

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    D@mn hes a beast. Like mag said look at Arnie he goes up and down like a yo-yo. He always seems to comeback when its important, like t-3

Thread Information