cookarat is offline New Member

the biggest scariest thing ever....

It was about 9-1/2 feet long, about 18" wide and resembled a double edge sword . It was my 1-1/2 in 22 guage needle which I was about to use for the 1st. time.
    OK seriously; it wasn't quite that bad but I did have to think about it for a couple of minutes. Actually it turned out to be virtually painless. I gave myself a poke (glute) and checked to make sure I had actually pierced the skin and found out I had drove the thing all the way in. I injected, withdrew and had just a pea sized spot of blood. I did have just a small knot for about 1/2 a day but it's gone now. OK, now for my question; do I need to drive the full 1.5 in? I have read where people use 1 in. needles. Does it vary on injection site?Also; and I know I should have thought of this before, and it probably has come up but I can't find it, what if I'm injecting, the needle slips and I end up injecting in a blood vessel?
    Do I need to panic and call 911, see a doctor or plan on a sore spot or not feeling great for a couple of days?

fudgedelic is offline Associate Member
    When it comes to depth of needle the main point is to get it through the fat and deep into the muscle tissue where it can be absorbed the best. There is net set rule of length you have to know your own body and go by feel.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    yes, push the pin all the way in, for the glutes, 1 1/2 inch, for thighs and shoulders 1 inch is fine

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    It really all depends on where you are injecting on how length of needle you are using. 1in needles are most commonly used on like delts, bi's, tri's. It really all depends like fudgedelic said, on your how much fat you have in that area. After a while you will be able to determine whether or not you are in the muscle or not. and as far as the needle slipping...IT SHOULDN'T. Once you aspiriate and you see that there is no blood, you inject right there. You don't move the needle in and out or twist, or stay right there. If something where to happen and you do hit a vein, you will know it. Just pull out and start over.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cookarat
    It was about 9-1/2 feet long, about 18" wide and resembled a double edge sword . It was my 1-1/2 in 22 guage needle which I was about to use for the 1st. time.
    OK seriously; it wasn't quite that bad but I did have to think about it for a couple of minutes. Actually it turned out to be virtually painless. I gave myself a poke (glute) and checked to make sure I had actually pierced the skin and found out I had drove the thing all the way in. I injected, withdrew and had just a pea sized spot of blood. I did have just a small knot for about 1/2 a day but it's gone now. OK, now for my question; do I need to drive the full 1.5 in? I have read where people use 1 in. needles. Does it vary on injection site?Also; and I know I should have thought of this before, and it probably has come up but I can't find it, what if I'm injecting, the needle slips and I end up injecting in a blood vessel?
    Do I need to panic and call 911, see a doctor or plan on a sore spot or not feeling great for a couple of days?
    Don't worry about it slipping, it ain't going nowhere. Just aspirate and inject.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Sorry bro,I'm just laughing at your description of the pin.I thought the same thing looking at a 21 g.Brought back a funny memory.

Be Cool

DB

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Hell on our ambulance we only go IM with 18g, now that would suck. One thing you could do is relax your muscles as much as possible cause if you dont and their tense the chances are increased that you will have a knot. Also once done always massage your site. I take a warm towel and massage it.

shootdeep is offline Member
    the first time i ever poked i used a 20g 2inch. i almost fell on the floor when i opened it and saw it for the first time. it helps me appreciate the 23s and 25s i use now.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    haha,, I hear ya bro... those 22ga's are pretty spooky looking, I've used them for 5 cycles and STILL can't get used to those big barreled bastards!

Swellin Guest
    My first was a 25g....I didn't think there was any need to be a hero...while standing in the mirror. I have tried the 23g and I went back to 25g.

I bet that I stabbed everything in my leg on that first injection...I wigled it around as if the needle were dancing at a rave.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I have done 18's early on when I bought my pins at the feed store. I honestly appreciate 23-25 turemo's now. The first time I took the snake byte it took me almost an hour to stick the pin, scared as sheeit

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I use 22g, 1 1/2" pins as well. I remember when I got my first set of pins I was a little surprised. I didn't expect them to be that big. It was a piece of cake though. You should put the pin in nearly all the way, but not completely. I have heard the horror stories about pins breaking off. It hardly ever happens, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Thread Information