ziggyj is offline Junior Member

am i not eating enough?

i'm 5'8" 175 lbs, 15% bodyfat. i'm currently trying to cut, consuming 1500 calories a day, 150g protein, and either doing taekwondo for an hour or weight lifting for about 30 minutes everyday. i'm on 400mg test enan weekly and 125mg clen daily. my concern is that i might not be consuming enough, and may be burning muscle. i'm hungry all the time, and i'm losing fat, but it seems like i'm losing it pretty slowly. i figured i'd lose half a pound or more of fat a day like this, which i thought would be a fairly noticeable difference each morning, but my butt looks about the same size and i'm losing fat off my abs slowly (but surely). could it be my metabolism has slown down? i'm zig-zagging, that is, one day a week i'm eating 3000-3500 calories and lifting to try to keep my metabolism from falling.

so, in summary, my question is whether my calorie intake is too low, and whether this might be leading to that half pound i expected to be burning daily turning out to be mostly or partially muscle.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyj
    i'm 5'8" 175 lbs, 15% bodyfat. i'm currently trying to cut, consuming 1500 calories a day, 150g protein, and either doing taekwondo for an hour or weight lifting for about 30 minutes everyday. i'm on 400mg test enan weekly and 125mg clen daily. my concern is that i might not be consuming enough, and may be burning muscle. i'm hungry all the time, and i'm losing fat, but it seems like i'm losing it pretty slowly. i figured i'd lose half a pound or more of fat a day like this, which i thought would be a fairly noticeable difference each morning, but my butt looks about the same size and i'm losing fat off my abs slowly (but surely). could it be my metabolism has slown down? i'm zig-zagging, that is, one day a week i'm eating 3000-3500 calories and lifting to try to keep my metabolism from falling.

so, in summary, my question is whether my calorie intake is too low, and whether this might be leading to that half pound i expected to be burning daily turning out to be mostly or partially muscle.
    i doubt you are burning muscle because clen is more anti-catabolic then catabolic and you are running test.....however, 1500 cals is kinda low....you can keep it that low, just make sure you are eating all throughout the day......also, might consider bumping up the protein

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    i doubt you are burning muscle because clen is more anti-catabolic then catabolic and you are running test.....however, 1500 cals is kinda low....you can keep it that low, just make sure you are eating all throughout the day......also, might consider bumping up the protein
    Believe it or not, running testosterone long term like over 10 weeks long even in moderate doses seems to burn body fat. No need to run 1500 calaries a day, I eat 3500 calaries everyday and my body fat has been burning off very satisfactorily for several weeks now. 3500 calaries, my metabolism is roaring along, also the anti-cortisol effects of testosterone , etc, really started burning my abs fat like crazy between week 11 and now week 15 and at low doses. I am trying to eat more to maintain muscle and doing well at this but the long term androgenic effects of testosterone and anti-cortisol activity is just doing great job on my waist line.

fudgedelic is offline Associate Member
    Well i believe a pound of fat is roughly 4000-5000 calories so if you're eating 1500 that means you'd have to burn 3500-4000 calories a day to lsoe that half pound of fat which is pretty high so don't be disappointed if you're not losing that half pound a day.

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    You need to up the protein up to your body weight.

shootdeep is offline Member
    i agree, up the protein to 200g/day. when i'm off cycle and i get a little bodyfat, i up the protein and that alone helps me get it under control. i've read a few times that a high protein to carb/fat ratio burns fat.

Thread Information