Fuller is offline Associate Member

bulking and racquetball

I am on three racquetball league and am going to be doing a bulking cycle here before to long. My question is should i pound the iron or play racquetball first? i have always thought that hard cardio after your weight lifting session does the muscle harm, rather than good. I have no idea where i heard this from though. Any thoughts??? Thanks bro's Fuller

lift first, raquetball is a kind of like a type of cardio and you should leave the cardio til after the workout. by doing this you will not be to tired when lifting weights. You may be more tired during raquetball but oh well you are on a bulking cycle for god sakes the weights should come first.
    Last edited by LightWeightBaby; 01-04-2004 at 12:37 PM.

Yeah i hear ya bro. Lifting does come first FOR SURE. Thanks for your input, much appreciated Fuller

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Racket ball isn't considered cardio because you stop and start it's not consistent movement like cardio. Do a post racket ball drink or meal that'll help.

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Racket ball isn't considered cardio because you stop and start it's not consistent movement like cardio. Do a post racket ball drink or meal that'll help.

JohnnyB
    johnny it is like a cardio, And raquetball done for over a half hour is a great way to burn a very sufficent amount of calories. there is not really any stopping when you keep the ball in motion.

RabidLassie is offline Junior Member

me

Quote Originally Posted by LightWeightBaby
    johnny it is like a cardio, And raquetball done for over a half hour is a great way to burn a very sufficent amount of calories. there is not really any stopping when you keep the ball in motion.
    if it were me i'd quit the raquetball altogether and get into something else.

I agree if you keep the ball going, but the idea of the game is to score points which stops the ball, then you stopp again to serve

JohnnyB

longhornDr is offline Member
    You should be eating right after lifting weights...not doing some kind of cardio...especially if your goal is to build muscle.

Dont waste the anabolic window doing cardio. Play raquetball and lift and different times of day if possible.

redrumkev is offline Associate Member
    I agree in breaking up the raquetball and lifting, doing one AM and the other PM or on oppisite days. I played while I was bulking. I guess the question is this, how serious are you. I mean are you competing or just trying to look good and increase your overall person. If you are the kind of person that counts calories down to the few a drop of mustard adds to a chicken breast then you are serious and need to not do cardio while bulking, but if 15lbs instead of 20lbs over one cycle is fine because you are playing a sport you love and having fun, while keeping your cardio ability up, then why not. I mean I am intrested in setting a beating goals, looking and feeling good about myself, I will never compete except with myself, so I do whatever I feeling good doing. I say you can bulk and play raquetball, now if you are trying to run a marathon and bulk, you will have problems, but this up to you and your goals.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    I agree if you keep the ball going, but the idea of the game is to score points which stops the ball, then you stopp again to serve

JohnnyB
    yes yes, I know that I do not play raquetball because it makes me tired just to watch it so instead I eat some sort of meat.

yes yes, I know that I do not play raquetball because it makes me tired just to watch it so instead I eat some sort of meat.

JohnnyB

King Test is offline Banned
    Racquetball is a great game. The best.

I am suplementing racquetball for my normal cardio, which is 20 minutes on a treadmill and 10 minutes on a bike. I used to do this cardio 6 days a week, But now i am going to give it up and play racquetball. I am not going to compet, instead i am just bulking and then cutting for my self..... Fuller

redrumkev is offline Associate Member
    fuller - where in Michigan are you located?

I live in a town called davison. It is right near Flint.....Are u in Michiagn?? Fuller

Thread Information