jasonbbflex is offline Junior Member

Blood Resutls -- HRT or Test Cyc?

Hey guys. I want to do a first cycle; So I got my blood work back and all results are normal except the following:

Total cholesterol -- 218
    Cholestrol/HDL Ratio -- 5.1
    LDL Cholestrol, Calc -- 145
    MCH -- 34
    TSH -- .08

My testosterone free level is 376.

Should I look into HRT or try a test / dbol cycle as my first.

I'm 5' 10", 180 lbs and want to get over 200 in a year.

bump. Anyone with comments on HRT?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    What does your diet look like? And how old are you?

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbbflex
    bump. Anyone with comments on HRT?
    First my compliments on doing things right. You got your bloodwork done before your cycle.

There are a number of guys on here on HRT. They could best answer that question. If you think you have a doc that will prescribe injectables, then go for it. However most seem to try going with the cream first and you can't grow off that. It will also delay any cycle plans as the doc will want to continue checking test levels to make sure all is going according to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    What does your diet look like? And how old are you?
    My diet's pretty good (except for 2-week holiday spree) -- Protein/fruit shake in the a.m., mid-morn furit/protein snack, post work-protein, chicken with veggies for lunch, nuts/fruit late afternoon, fish/veggie for din-din, milk before bed.
    Age is 44. Your comments, please?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Do you have a history of high cholesterol in your family? Have you ever taken a flax supplement? Im just wondering why your ldl levels are high. But yeah, i believe buylongterm and johnnyb are two members that are knowlegable on hrt, if they dont see this thread you may want to pm them.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Bro your test levels are a little higher than mine were (230) and I have a script for androgel . If you just want to get your test levels up because of the negative effects of low test levels than HRT would be goo. But if you want to gain mass than gear would be the way to go. You will not put on mass with the HRT. I have my androgel to use when I am not cycling. I also have my labs done after every cycle and twice a yr, if just using the androgel.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    My diet's pretty good (except for 2-week holiday spree) -- Protein/fruit shake in the a.m., mid-morn furit/protein snack, post work-protein, chicken with veggies for lunch, nuts/fruit late afternoon, fish/veggie for din-din, milk before bed.
    Age is 44. Your comments, please?
    Age is 44? Well I am 38 and had a free testosterone of 223 before I did a test it out cycle... HRT means generally 100 to 150 mg testosterone per week, steroid cycles are typically 500 mg testosterone per week but at 300 mg and higher it makes your cholesterol picture worst. HRT cycles of 100/150 a week tend to improve your blood cholesterol and libido is most of the time improved better with the 100 mg per week rather then steroid cycle doses of 500 mg. Even at 100 mg per week, you will build muscle easier and excess fat on abs start coming off automatically on about the 4th month of HRT then you have wonderful abs like the muscle guys in the magazines. I would tend to say go with HRT at your age, its less damaging to your health and year round low dose will probably make you look actually better then doing a cycle or two of high doses then loosing half your gains on your off cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Do you have a history of high cholesterol in your family? Have you ever taken a flax supplement? Im just wondering why your ldl levels are high. But yeah, i believe buylongterm and johnnyb are two members that are knowlegable on hrt, if they dont see this thread you may want to pm them.
    Yes, Vette, I do have a history of high cholesterol. I'm on synthroid so it's bound to raise it a bit. I also do take flax seed oil in morning in my shake. Thanks for the advice on contacting buylongterm and johnnyb. will do.

[QUOTE=Ntpadude]Age is 44? Well I am 38 and had a free testosterone of 223 before I did a test it out cycle... HRT means generally 100 to 150 mg testosterone per week, steroid cycles are typically 500 mg testosterone per week but at 300 mg and higher it makes your cholesterol picture worst. HRT cycles of 100/150 a week tend to improve your blood cholesterol and libido is most of the time improved better with the 100 mg per week rather then steroid cycle doses of 500 mg. Even at 100 mg per week, you will build muscle easier and excess fat on abs start coming off automatically on about the 4th month of HRT then you have wonderful abs like the muscle guys in the magazines. I would tend to say go with HRT at your age, its less damaging to your health and year round low dose will probably make you look actually better then doing a cycle or two of high doses then loosing half your gains on your off cycles.[/QUOTEt

Thanks, Dude. So you think I would gain a bit of mass on just 100 mg of test a week? And lose a bit of excess body fat? I'd like to see a doc in NYC. PM me if you know of one. Thanks very much for the post!

53x12 is offline New Member
    Just FYI bro, I'm 38 and had test levels of 300 ng/dl. I found a doctor with a very 'enlightened' attitude about test replacement who put me on 200 mg / week of test cyp for 10 weeks. It's working great for me - have lost fat, gained muscle & strength. Thank you sir may I have another! The doc said I can do 2 cycles a year like this, of course monitoring cholesterol & liver function.

Quote Originally Posted by 53x12
    Just FYI bro, I'm 38 and had test levels of 300 ng/dl. I found a doctor with a very 'enlightened' attitude about test replacement who put me on 200 mg / week of test cyp for 10 weeks. It's working great for me - have lost fat, gained muscle & strength. Thank you sir may I have another! The doc said I can do 2 cycles a year like this, of course monitoring cholesterol & liver function.
    After some great consultation from guys on the board, I think I'll go for test prop for a 10-12 week cycle. Of course, now it's about finding an "enlightened" doc in NYC. What difference has the test cyp made for you?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Bro your test levels are in the normal range so the possibility of getting a Dr to perscribe aren't good. If you do find one it'll be hard to get you insurance to pay because your in the normal range. Buying test from the pharamcy costs more then buying from most source, something to consider. At our age d-bol is out, it can cause high blood pressure and we don't need that.

You need to get some meds for your cholesterol it's on the high side(LDL).

I think you'll love as test cycle @ 400-500mg a week.

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Bro your test levels are in the normal range so the possibility of getting a Dr to perscribe aren't good. If you do find one it'll be hard to get you insurance to pay because your in the normal range. Buying test from the pharamcy costs more then buying from most source, something to consider. At our age d-bol is out, it can cause high blood pressure and we don't need that.

You need to get some meds for your cholesterol it's on the high side(LDL).

I think you'll love as test cycle @ 400-500mg a week.

JohnnyB

Heroic, JohhnyB. Thanks for the info. Your links under your sig have also been really helpful. Do you think I would like Equipose over Test prop -- running each 12 weeks? As for my cholesterol, I was on a few of the drugs but didn't respond well so I'm off and just doing the diet thing.

What difference has the test cyp made for you?
    In 11 weeks I've gone from 16% body fat to 12%, weight is the same at 185 lbs. That's roughly 7 lbs of fat lost & 7 lbs of muscle gained. The gut is visibly leaner. Also lifting about 5-10% more weight, which is more strength than I've gained in a long time.

Good luck to you. NYC is a big city, you should be able to find whatever you need there.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    EQ is good I've used it, but start with a test cycle, then add EQ to your second.

JohnnyB

Thanks, Dude. So you think I would gain a bit of mass on just 100 mg of test a week? And lose a bit of excess body fat? I'd like to see a doc in NYC. PM me if you know of one. Thanks very much for the post!
    Well you dont gain 20 lbs in 5 weeks but you gain 20 lbs in 5 months and still loose body fat, but since you dont go OFF HRT, then you dont loose half your gains after ending a cycle... Also HRT docs also tend to let you get growth hormone at same time and GH lets you actually grow all new muscle cells and fibers instead of just enlarging them like what happens on steroid cycles without growth hormone. When you get get more new muscle fibers and cells, you dont get the typical of steroid cycles 5-12 lbs weigth loss when you end the growth hormone cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Well you dont gain 20 lbs in 5 weeks but you gain 20 lbs in 5 months and still loose body fat, but since you dont go OFF HRT, then you dont loose half your gains after ending a cycle... Also HRT docs also tend to let you get growth hormone at same time and GH lets you actually grow all new muscle cells and fibers instead of just enlarging them like what happens on steroid cycles without growth hormone. When you get get more new muscle fibers and cells, you dont get the typical of steroid cycles 5-12 lbs weigth loss when you end the growth hormone cycle.
    So Dude, would recommend me starting HRT (given my stats) and staying on it for a year or so? Then add growth hormone or test, say 10 weeks into the HRT of HRT starty? Kindly clarify.

So Dude, would recommend me starting HRT (given my stats) and staying on it for a year or so? Then add growth hormone or test, say 10 weeks into the HRT of HRT starty? Kindly clarify.
    No take growth hormone along with the HRT testosterone ...

arby is offline Associate Member
    Ignore all the posts telling you your level is low-normal, you haven't even posted it yet.

So, what was your total testosterone ?

RB

Quote Originally Posted by arby
    Ignore all the posts telling you your level is low-normal, you haven't even posted it yet.

So, what was your total testosterone ?

RB
    Arby, it's posted at the top. What ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by 53x12
    In 11 weeks I've gone from 16% body fat to 12%, weight is the same at 185 lbs. That's roughly 7 lbs of fat lost & 7 lbs of muscle gained. The gut is visibly leaner. Also lifting about 5-10% more weight, which is more strength than I've gained in a long time.

Good luck to you. NYC is a big city, you should be able to find whatever you need there.
    How long a cycle you doing of test? Congrats on your fast loss and up gain. Keep it up!

How long a cycle you doing of test? Congrats on your fast loss and up gain. Keep it up!
    I did the test for 10 weeks @ 200 mg / week, followed by 2 weeks of PCT with HCG (just finished). I'm very happy with the results!

Arby, it's posted at the top. What ya think?
    Bro you are posting free, not total, testosterone .

RB

Bro you are posting free, not total, testosterone .

RB
    Thanks, RB. Just whipped out the labs. test total is 376; test free is 104 and test bioavailable is 216.

So would a doc prescribe test or hrt for me?

Thanks, RB. Just whipped out the labs. test total is 376; test free is 104 and test bioavailable is 216.

So would a doc prescribe test or hrt for me?
    Yes, some would. Most would also require further testing of thyroid function.

RB

Actually I am becoming disenchanted with the whole thing. I dropped from steroid cycle levels to HRT levels and along with it I was as much as 188 # at height of cycle, actually now my appetite is better then it was on cycle and I cant believe I am gorging myself on food, maintaining 5000 calaries but the drop in androgens has caused me to decline my weight down currently 172 #. I am just 10-12 pounds above my precycle weight and I think the weight is still on the way down because 100 mg is not maintaining the steroid gains. At this stage I am just thinking the whole thing of HRT and the steroids just isnt worth the expense, headache and chances you take when all you do is see so much of the gains dissipate when you go off or reduce levels. I am considering dropping out of HRT and just PCT out for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Actually I am becoming disenchanted with the whole thing. I dropped from steroid cycle levels to HRT levels and along with it I was as much as 188 # at height of cycle, actually now my appetite is better then it was on cycle and I cant believe I am gorging myself on food, maintaining 5000 calaries but the drop in androgens has caused me to decline my weight down currently 172 #. I am just 10-12 pounds above my precycle weight and I think the weight is still on the way down because 100 mg is not maintaining the steroid gains. At this stage I am just thinking the whole thing of HRT and the steroids just isnt worth the expense, headache and chances you take when all you do is see so much of the gains dissipate when you go off or reduce levels. I am considering dropping out of HRT and just PCT out for good.

Wow, dude, thanks for the update. You're eating a ton and losing weight -- bad news. You see any other sides from HRT or test?

Yes, some would. Most would also require further testing of thyroid function.

RB

RB, I've had my thyroid test. I'm on synthroid to get it up to normal. Futher comment?

Thread Information