Ilya95 is offline Junior Member

What size needle to use to draw at of vial??

Hey bros,

I need to know what kind of needle size to use to draw out of vials. I have 18g but that would tear them up. I want to do as little damage as possiable to the rubber stopper but also draw with ease. Would a 22g 1.5" work or better a 20g 1.5"?? I will be drawing test cyp 300mg/ml so I'm assuming the oil might be a little thick ( first time so just guessing ).

THANK YOU!!

MachZ is offline Member
    Either the 22 or 20Ga will do. The 20ga will be faster and no damage to the rubber stopper.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilya95
    Hey bros,

I need to know what kind of needle size to use to draw out of vials. I have 18g but that would tear them up. I want to do as little damage as possiable to the rubber stopper but also draw with ease. Would a 22g 1.5" work or better a 20g 1.5"?? I will be drawing test cyp 300mg/ml so I'm assuming the oil might be a little thick ( first time so just guessing ).

THANK YOU!!
    either one is fine just depends on how impatient you are

Ilya95 is offline Junior Member
    I can wait its the time it takes that bothers me at all. I'm just worried about the stopper. I've always used amps before. This is my 5th cycle and the first time I've ever used vials.

THANKS!!!!

Swellin Guest
    I am using 20g, with hardly any damage to the stopper. Johnsomebody told me about how to go into the stopper sideways...until you fully penetrate the stopper. This way, there is no plug taken out...the needle just cuts through the stopper.

Sorken is offline Member
    I use a 21G.. with no problems..

GreenOak is offline Junior Member
    I use a 23 with no problems as well

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I always used an 18 using a method Ichabod (AR's resident genius) explained to me...

Hold the needle bevel side (the part where the hole is) up almost level or a bit above level to the stopper, push the bevel/tip in half way, then tip the needle up and slide in the rest of the way. That cuts a slice, rather than a plug, into the rubber.
    I'm not sure it would hold up with a 50ml bottle but it always worked fine for me with 10ml.

Thread Information