dv8
    dv8 is offline Banned

Absorption question???

Whats up guys,

I'm 14%bf and by genetics i tend to hold a lot of in my ass. My question is, if i inject into my glutes and i have a lot of fat there, will it get absorbed or does it dicipitate into the fat??? Somone at the gym told me that the fat will prevent your body absorb it, however i think thats bull****. what do you guys think???

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8
    Whats up guys,

I'm 14%bf and by genetics i tend to hold a lot of in my ass. My question is, if i inject into my glutes and i have a lot of fat there, will it get absorbed or does it dicipitate into the fat??? Somone at the gym told me that the fat will prevent your body absorb it, however i think thats bull****. what do you guys think???
    That's why you use a 1.5" needle so you pass the fat and get into the muscle

shootdeep is offline Member
    you need to get the needle past the fat and into the muscle. length of the pin should be determined by thickness of the fat. 1.5-2" should work.

dv8
    dv8 is offline Banned
    yes i am using a 1.5". so that is true, that fat does prevent your body from absorbing it

MachZ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8
    yes i am using a 1.5". so that is true, that fat does prevent your body from absorbing it

Your not injecting into fat at all if you were you would be doing a sub-q shot. You want to be deep in the muscle so the fat has nothing to do with absorbtion.
    The 1.5" pin gets you past the fat and inside the muscle.

shootdeep is offline Member
    yeah, that's why you need to get past the fat. there's a good flow of blood in muscle.

darmadoc is offline Member
    In answer to your question, absorption from adipose tissue (fat) is very erratic. That is why you aim for the well vascularized muscle.

WogLifter is offline New Member
    Good to see we have some well educated knowledge in here. darmadoc is 100% correct

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    If you inject into the fatty tissue you will develop abscesses and may not absorb all of the AS....... If you feel most of your bf is in the glute area then you should hit other sites........... www.spotinjections.com has information on how to do these injections.

Thread Information