Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member

Should we bother with weaker drugs?

Each of us has a finite number of androgen receptors. Of course they change with time and steroid use and get upregulated etc etc etc, but at some point, every AR will be met with a steroid and you will essentially run out of parking spaces for the steroids . At this point, the extra steroids will still be beneficial because they can still work on non-AR mediated pathways to create things like cortisol reduction, increased red blood cell count, and other effects.

Here is my point:
    If we only have a limited amount of androgen receptors, shouldn't we make sure that only the strongest and most effective steroid interacts with our precious few, limited androgen receptors? Isn't taking a drug like primo or anavar essentially a waste of androgen receptors? Even boldenone ? You could get better results with only testosteorne. Boldenone is going to exert similar effects to testosterone - only it will do a poorer, weaker job of it. In other words, boldenone takes up spaces better used by testosterone.

The only reason to take weaker drugs is if you are looking for particular effects: no water retention, lots of water retention, safety, etc.

Still, if someone simply wants to bulk and get huge, isn't it misguided to take 500mg of testosterone and 600mg of boldenone? That is a total of 1,100mg of steroids, but won't produce gains as good as 1,000mg of testosterone alone.

Conclusion:
    If a steroid user is not concerned with taking a mild cycle, and simply wants to get as huge as possible on a hardcore bulking cycle, then it makes sense to only take the drug most effective at the androgen receptor, and stack it with another drug that won't interfere with the spaces at the AR intended for testosterone. For example, Anadrol binds poorly at the AR, and will leave testosterone and the AR alone to do their work, while Anadrol goes elsewhere (mostly non-AR mediated pathways) to do its work.

If I only have a limited number of androgen receptors, I want to make the most of each one, and only use the strongest, most effective drugs, rather than waste AR space on poorly binding, less effective, expensive drugs.

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    Doesn't trenbolone bind better at the AR than testosterone ? Perhaps a trenbolone + Anadrol stack? I don't think I could handle the side effects with no testosterone to fight the fina dick.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Each person has different receptors. For example: You could have two people with the same build and workout experience take the same steroid and they may have completely different reactions. One may put on 20 lbs. while the other gains basically nothing. This is because the one that gained had enough receptors for that steroid while the other didn't have enough to make significant gains. There isn't a single blueprint that everyone can follow that will make them grow.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    I heard that actually something like HRT long term at 150 mg a week all year long in the year end will net you more overall growth then a couple short heavy 600 mg a week testosterone cycles a year. Perhaps the advantage in his is HRT you dont go off from so you dont loose gains in PCT. Also testosterone in the 4 and 5 month and beyond starts burning your excess body fat up like crazy. I am phasing over from a cycle to HRTwith reducing testosterone injections each week but the muscle and workout in the gym have remained as strong as ever, but the tummy fat is burning off like crazy. Down 6 lbs but lost no size on arms or chest and starting to look cut!

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    I heard that actually something like HRT long term at 150 mg a week all year long in the year end will net you more overall growth then a couple short heavy 600 mg a week testosterone cycles a year. Perhaps the advantage in his is HRT you dont go off from so you dont loose gains in PCT. Also testosterone in the 4 and 5 month and beyond starts burning your excess body fat up like crazy. I am phasing over from a cycle to HRTwith reducing testosterone injections each week but the muscle and workout in the gym have remained as strong as ever, but the tummy fat is burning off like crazy. Down 6 lbs but lost no size on arms or chest and starting to look cut!
    That's interesting bro...can you post up link to show actual documented proff of this? I'd like to read it.

DB

FLGator49 is offline New Member

that is correct

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    That's interesting bro...can you post up link to show actual documented proff of this? I'd like to read it.

DB

Mr. Death is totally right! I took some gear that all my friends love and each gained around 20lbs + on! I didn't gain dick on it!

Although I have taken some milder gear and have done really well on!

cookarat is offline New Member
    Interesting post, but would you please clarify something for us nauvice users?
    When your AR receptors fill up is that over the course of a cycle, use totaled to date or a combination of both? If say 500 ml. test was max you could absorb, adding another 500 ml. is a waste, or is it the reason as you continue to cycle you need higher doses? (assuming that's the case) Dose it reguire more to flood the muscle tissue to find open receptors?

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    bump

joevette is offline Banned
    This thread's kinda old but I'll respond. Most of the theology on androgen receptors isn't correct, but I agree about not bothering with mild compounds. I need a real reason for each compound I use. Test, tren , dbol for great size and strength, eq for collagen synthesis etc.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    just because a post is old does not mean it is not a good one

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    just because a post is old does not mean it is not a good one
    He isn't saying it's not a good thread, but why did you bump it?

Thread Information