cookarat is offline New Member

world strongest man competition

I was watching the World Strongest Man comp. the other day and was noticing how much older than their real age almost every one looked. The only one I'd have guessed correctly was Magnus Samuelson. Every one else I'd have been off by about 5-10 yrs. Most of them looked bloated as well, is that from being on the juice or do they test for these comps? I do have to say though, The kind of weight they put up is most impressive. 800+ lb. squats, 550 lb. farmer carries, pulling a bus up an incline etc. So the obvious question(s); how many of you post those kind of stats, how long did it take, what is your choice for gaining stregth?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    They look like that because they're not BBers they're power lifters(bloat) You have to remember that almost all of those guys are from Europe, life isn't as easy as it is here, it could be the roids too, but who knows for sure.

JohnnyB

Yeah they are not worried about looking good, they put on more fat. Super low body fats are not ideal by any means for strength. When lifting heavy extra water retention is fine. Water retention is good it also keep you better hydrated.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cookarat
    The kind of weight they put up is most impressive. 800+ lb. squats, 550 lb. farmer carries, pulling a bus up an incline etc. So the obvious question(s); how many of you post those kind of stats
    I don't think you'll find anybody here that can put up the kind of weight those guys can. If we could we would probably be on T.V. competing against them.

500lbs is offline New Member
    Super Marius is RIPPED even by bodybuildiner standards and is the 2003 WSM overall winner. U r right about the old age look, My bet is it's the juice, the over production of collagen desposited near the pores. ????????????

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 500lbs
    Super Marius is RIPPED even by bodybuildiner standards
    Yes he is, most of the guys from Poland has low b/f

JohnnyB

thai guy is offline Junior Member
    when i watched WSM the other day i was thinking maybe ronnie coleman if he competed could probably win...he is one strong a** mother fu**er.
    not saying ronnie has anything to prove or any reason to compete but if i remember correctly arnold and lou ferrigno both competed in strongman competitions

Quote Originally Posted by thai guy
    when i watched WSM the other day i was thinking maybe ronnie coleman if he competed could probably win...he is one strong a** mother fu**er.
    not saying ronnie has anything to prove or any reason to compete but if i remember correctly arnold and lou ferrigno both competed in strongman competitions
    ronnie could compete and also could be a great powerlifter if he wanted to be, he is one strong guy that os for sure.

Thread Information