Nathan is offline Retired Moderator

I would like to briefly address bodybuilding

I was a little disappointed by some of you when I mentioned that I smoked marijuana and have been known to dabble with other drugs and many of you called me an idiot and informed me that I was not a suitable moderator. I agree that I am an idiot rather often and I may not be the best moderator around, but I do my best to be there for everyone of you who asks for my help. I think it might be wise to remember that everyone here is into BODYBUILDING. I hate to break it to all of you, but bodybuilding is not the healthiest sport out there. In fact, you might want to ask yourselves WHY you took up bodybuilding and WHY you use steroids . If you're thinking anything other than insecurity then you're probably wrong. Obviously this isn't always the case but I do get tired of everyone neglecting to acknowledge the fact that through bodybuilding and steroids they may very well NOT be optimizing their health and longevity. How many 250lbs people do you know that have lived to be 100 years old or anywhere close to it? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it of course. It's fun and it's definitely increased my quality of life in more ways than one. If every last one of you were perfectly content with yourselves than I would find it hard to believe that you'd be in the gym all the time, busting your ass every day for a fraction of a pound of lean body mass. Anyways, I'm here to help you wherever and whenever I can and I would appreciate it if you all would return the gesture. You ****ers hurt my feelings. *Insert small image of a crying man here.*

You'll have to forgive me for being a little emotional. I haven't left my room in two weeks now or so and so am a little socially awkward. You can make fun of me now CYCLEON.
    Last edited by Nathan; 01-04-2004 at 12:39 AM.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Good post. Im not into bodybuilding myself. Rather be stronger and tip over cars or something. Id be very happy at only 12% bf the rest of my life. I like to enjoy food...not a chicken n rice fan really.

Moderation is usually healthier than indulgence/abstinence anyways IMO.

Most of the healthiest old people I know were runners back in the day.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, if someone made you a mod, you must be a pretty knowledgable bro. You obviously can't make all the people happy all of the time, and because someone thinks they are better than you and should have your job title actually says alot for them. I don't know the whole story here, nor do I care to.

As for bodybuilding, I could probably count on two hands the number of people who have the dedication and work ethic to become successful bodybuilders. Nearly everyone else fits into two categories: those who want to be strong enough to pull trees out of the ground, and those who want to be a little bigger than the old skinny guy they used to be. Both of these fill a gap in these peoples' lives to a certain extent. I'm sure there are some exceptions to this, and most people reading this will think that they are this exception. Well, you probably are not, and neither am I.

Now my post has turned into a rant, but I originally just wanted to back Nathan here. Nobody has the right or even ability to put themselves on a pedestal to judge someone else, especially around here. It's simply disrespectful.

-moto

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Why are you locked in a room for two weeks?

Roadkill is offline Banned
    You tell em Nathan.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    I haven't been around here long enough to pass judgement, nor would I care to even if I was. All I care about is getting sound advice from people in the know, what you do outside of that is your business.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    this is a good post..........

nathan will ALWAYS go out of his way to help anyone that asks, if he can. i know this for a fact, because he's helped me out quite a few times.
    our lives are our own to do with as we please. no need to judge one man for his decisions just because they dont agree with your own.

peace I4L

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Bro I understand you being upset,a few ppl came down hard on you in your other thread.I don't feel that was right at all.To me it was the was the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyway bro,get to a doc and have him check you out,could be numerous reasons why you feel this way.

Get well quick bro

all the best

DB

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    we still like ya nathan and we all have our vices...

diesel21 is offline Member
    um, i don't wanna die.... everthing in moderation is the key!

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I dont judge anybody on what they choose to do. As long as they do it safely and responsiblly.

SaTyR is offline Member
    I find the defendent NOT GUILTY !

Case closed

blowout247 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Why are you locked in a room for two weeks?

He could'nt get any pot!!!!! Works for me!!!!!!

Swellin Guest
    I read the other thread, but did not repsond. I felt it was rather odd to read about a Mod doing the things you mentioned. I disagree with some of it, but that does not put your Mod status in jeopardy in my book.
    A Mod is often telling others to do as he says, not as he does.
    Futhremore, it took some courage to post your situation...even more courage because you are a Mod, and will be scrutinized moreso than others (the nature of things dictate this to be true).
    As I said before, your use of other hard drugs might contradict your dedication to your OWN body building agenda. However, that has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to help others.

Get well soon!

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    In all honesty, I agree with you 110% Nathan. We all have our downsides and I don't think because of you being honest makes your a bad mod at all. I have dabbled myself and smoke the green stuff once or twice a month. If it's not one thing its another. I'm with ya bro.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    this is not a 'lets live our lives to the healthiest potential' board. its not for those who are arrogant enough to assume they are better than others to bring down their bull**** judgement. I say the more things you've done the more qualified you are for the position. nothing of real value in this life is learned by reading...experience is the ONLY way to learn something properly. I stand behind nathan 100% on this matter. if this was a morality board i would say he does not fit the profile of a mod...but its not. its a board dedicated to a very unhealthy lifestyle; its a board dedicated to drugs and gluttony. i want to know if these fools even consider their own hipocracy.

stay swole nathan

peace

Nathan you bring up good points, I do not think any of us have the right to judge other because they take drugs. God knows were all steroids junkies. I also like to add that from what I have seen of nathan he has been a great mod.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Does anyone think that gearedup wasnt qualified to be a mod on the boards?

Nathan your cababilities have never been in question - and your pot addled rants and offbeat humor are a part of the reason I thought you would be a great part of AR long ago when we first came on here (and of course I am always right ) - I do worry about your psych and health sometimes and fiddling with the recs may be a problem with that - cause I do want to make sure you stay healthy for AR generations to come - and you know very well that there are some really great brothers who are no longer with us due to problems in that area - I think that is what all the histeria is about - lay off the stuff for a bit and get healthy so you can go abuse Michael Jackson with small rodents

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    Does anyone think that gearedup wasnt qualified to be a mod on the boards?
    I don't think you could have put it any better!

Oh, and a note on the small rodents...don't listen to him....go with large rodents.

magnusson is offline Junior Member
    Nathan, your a frickin nut(So am I,lol), but you always give great advice on many boards and youre here to help other bros. I agree 100%, using DNP , slin, lasic is ****ing insane, Health and comp. BBing do NOT go hand in hand.

We use GH to look good, not to live forever. The fact that members were dogging you for smokin pot and using exotics time to time is ****ing pathetic, mods aren't allowed to do that **** LMFAO. Some people need to get real and figure out this aint the healthiest lifesyle, were crushing cattle implants and mixing with oil and shooting that **** in our bicepts. You tell this to anyone you meet walking through the mall today and they will tell you that you need some help.

Thanks guys. I really do appreciate it. Being of less than sound mental health myself (also a big part of my rather rampant drug use) as CYCLEON pointed out, I simply think it's VERY important to be self-critical from time to time and it's a very bad idea for any of us to convince ourselves we're ONLY benefiting our bodies via steroid use . I do stupid things rather frequently because I'm an often unhappy person, I can admit that and I'm glad that I can in a weird sort of way. I don't really want to get into it all right now, I simply wanted to remind everyone that this board is a place where we can all come to for advice when we need it, mods and members alike, and you're lucky you dumped on ME instead of another member. I messed up obviously and it isn't the first time. Fortunately this time I caught it a bit quicker than before and I didn't almost lose my life. I will be relaxing with the drugs I think though i have to be honest, the last three weeks have been no fun for me and I haven't left my room for a reason. I'm sure I'll be fine again soon enough as soon as I figure some things out but I have learned a lesson.
    I don't do retardedly large cycles either and hopefully never will but I have trouble coming off some times, hence small bridges with d-bol. The gh kept me shut down this time I think and I learned my lesson from that as well. I dunno, I just hope we can learn from each other's mistakes as well as our own. I love you guys. Vagina.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Nathan along with all the other moderators I'd give you a pat on the back... You do an excellent job...You still give the right advice just as you did 3 years ago when i joined up... Can't say enough about how you guys help everybody out here...

take care bros

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I don't care what anyone says...I still love yeah buddy!!! Excellent post

Taejoon is offline Associate Member
    Hmmm.... I guess I don't really know where to start on this one, but I feel compelled to post none the less. I don't know Nathan as a Mod very well, in fact I can't recall reading any of his post's prior to these last two threads that have been up, but all that aside, I don't think any of us are in a position to judge him. As some of you already previously pointed out we are all "junkies" in our own way.... That being said I would like to comment on the posts where some of the bro's have stated that our lifestyles as steroid users are unhealthy and possibly destructive. It is a known fact among the medical community and the BB community as well that putting synthetic hormones into your body puts added stress on it, I won't argue this, or attempt to disagree with it. I think everyone that uses steroids , well at least those of us who posses some concept of "self awareness" and intelligence realize that their are inherent risks to what we do. Keeping that in mind, there are risks with many things we do in life, there is often times a fine line between risk and reward, or as some steroid abbusers have found out, risk and permanent damage to their bodies. I think it's unfair to say that accross board, steroid use is unhealthy and will have negative impacts on your health down the road. If these drugs are used responsibly and intelligently, say a couple of cycles a year at moderate dosses, without heavy orals etc.... (this is obviously open for deabte) I personally think the user can come away from these experiences with very few health problems down the road, if it's done right. I guess I find it hard to believe that all of the bro's on this board would willingly do something they knew to be very harmful to their bodies in order to experience the thrill of looking at their shredded or larger figures in the mirror, or just to boost their self esteem. Would you step on a land mine if you enjoyed the thrill of the explosion and the feeling you got from getting your body launced into the air? This is the line of reasoning that many of you have claimed to adhere to, and I find that very hard to believe. If I honestly believed that I was going to get prostate cancer at 50 yrs old, or some other steroid related illness in my twilight years, I can guarantee you that I would cease steroid use for the rest of my life. I don't believe those things... Because there is no substantial evidence to support them. Further more, I don't believe my lifestyle choice is any less healthy than anyone elses, I do believe it's more risky than those of other people, but not less healthy, there is a distinct difference. Respect your bodies, you only have one....

Peace

-Taejoon
    Last edited by Taejoon; 01-04-2004 at 06:10 PM.

jdog55 is offline Associate Member
    Nathan, try fish oil. It helps a lot for the depression you're in.

Jdog55

Taejoon - I'm in agreement with what you're saying. he point I was trying to make is that in general, weighing a lot is not all that ood for you as it puts a strain on your heart. The bigger you are, the more blood your heart has to pump. That aspect is independent of steroid use and I also happen to think it isn't so much the steroids themselves that hurt bodybuilders down the road, it's simply the fact that they get HUGE, while their hearts remain the same size. Personally, I think that's what might get me. That's all. You don't have to stay huge all your life either. I dunno. I was merely saying there are no certainties and you should admit that to yourself, which you seem to have done mor or less.

Taejoon is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan
    Taejoon - I'm in agreement with what you're saying. he point I was trying to make is that in general, weighing a lot is not all that ood for you as it puts a strain on your heart. The bigger you are, the more blood your heart has to pump. That aspect is independent of steroid use and I also happen to think it isn't so much the steroids themselves that hurt bodybuilders down the road, it's simply the fact that they get HUGE, while their hearts remain the same size. Personally, I think that's what might get me. That's all. You don't have to stay huge all your life either. I dunno. I was merely saying there are no certainties and you should admit that to yourself, which you seem to have done mor or less.
    Excellent point, I completely agree....

Peace

-Taejoon

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Good post bro...

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Bro get da f**k out of your room, it aint good 4 ur health lol :P.... quite a good post though

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Bro get da f**k out of your room, it aint good 4 ur health lol :P.... quite a good post though
    I dropped by the bar I bounce at and said hello and **** however briefly. IT's the first week back at school so it was a zoo. I wasn't envying the guys working and am not looking forward to Saturday.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Nathan,

I'm pretty sure I defended you in that thread so i won't make any more commentary on it..Anyway, I'm glad to see that you have finally ventured outside of the room..

Doc M

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    Nathan,

I'm pretty sure I defended you in that thread so i won't make any more commentary on it..Anyway, I'm glad to see that you have finally ventured outside of the room..

Doc M
    You did brother, thank you.

cookarat is offline New Member
    Hey Bro:
    I didn't catch your origional post, so I'll have to go back and look it up. From what I've read here though I think I can relate. Being a dedicated Dead Head I've used most everything ever produced, granted it's been a few years I still havn't forgotten. I've been through the work get laid off thing, married/ divorced
    having money then being broke and in debt, sitting in my room stoned and playing Final Fantasy (a 150 hr. video game for you who don't know). You have to pay attention to what matters to you, keep working toward it and before you know it you'll be there. I find polotics to be a good way to focus stress. I turn on the radio or TV and cuss out all the idiots I disagree with. Even my favorite commentator is fight a problem w/ drugs. (by the way RUSH RULES!!!) As my first seargent (USMC) used to say "keep marching". 20 yrs. ago I decided I wanted to own a restaurant, day after tommorrow I'm going to talk to a man about actually getting one.
    SMOKE ON (though not like I used to)
    Peace

Thread Information