Thread: scamming

THE PUMP is offline Member

Question scamming

Ok i have a qustion i would like to ask that has been buging me latly anyway here goes.

Just say your buying gear online and you give the company permission to charge the fee to your credit card is it possible for them to empty your account if there scammers or can they only take the amount you planed on spending??

This question is just in theory.

Roadkill is offline Banned
    Wow, using a credit card to buy gear online. How guilible are you?

Roadkill is offline Banned
    And yes I noticed it's a question in theory but obviously you are thinking about doing it which makes me laugh even more.

Stick 2 the question roadkill i never asked if it was a good idea!

Anyone else have any anwsers to my question?

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    From what I have seen they are going to scam you for what you authorize them to. that way you can't stop payment. I guess it would be possible to drain your account but the credit card company would get involved and that would draw to much attention ti them.

MachZ is offline Member
    It could be possible but I believe in order to accept CC a business has to put X amount of cash as a deposit the whole time they accept cc incase of disputes.
    In the end you would only be liable for $50. if you were scammed as thats what most cc have your liability at.
    Paypal might be different though.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    If im not mistaken. CC companies hold transactions for sometime with online businesses just for this purpose. Online companies cant collect any transactions for a month? Maybe longer? CC companies also hold a limit on how many, or how much of transactions an online company can take or they close the account.

It is possible to get an over sea's CC account that doesn't follow this policy but these companies charge outragis amounts of fee's.

I think Machz got it too.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MachZ
    It could be possible but I believe in order to accept CC a business has to put X amount of cash as a deposit the whole time they accept cc incase of disputes.
    In the end you would only be liable for $50. if you were scammed as thats what most cc have your liability at.
    Paypal might be different though.
    He is right. However, you are opening yourself up to them using your credit card # Etc. Although in the end you would not be liable for those payments. It can take over a year to clear it up and longer if it is reported on your credit record.

More importantly, using a CC leaves a very traceable trail should the law come looking.

Stay away from the CC and use western union or something like that.

physio_sport is offline Banned
    actually what happenens is there is a 3rd party who deals with the transactions.

you give payment details, the details go to the company who deals with the money. they then send your address and what you ordered to the people who you want to buy stuff off, then they send you the goods.

my cousin sells mobils phones and pc on the net, this is how nearly all companies on the net work. no one really accepts they payments they get 3rd party companies to take the money. that way there protected form credit card scams. hope this helps.

all this is built into the main websites, so theres no visual symbols or other website to goto like in paypal website.

if you need more info just ask.
    Last edited by physio_sport; 01-05-2004 at 11:44 AM.

Fuller is offline Associate Member
    My source is a online one. I use my cc over their website and like physio said it is thru a 3rd party. Before i ever placed an order thru my source i called the third party and discussed this issue with them. Believe me, if on-line source was to scam you, they would be black balled from this 3rd party source. I have placed several orders from these people and EVERY time my goods have gotton to my door before they were estimated to be there. I know that most of the bro's on here think aon line sources are a joke, but i have ALWAYS had the best of luck with mine. Fuller

hector999 is offline Junior Member
    bro some sites use pay pal as a credit card server i have had good luck with my one time purchase although i was nervous till the **** got here but it still got here

Thanks guy some realy good replys there and as usual ye cleared up the proplem.

carlo is offline Associate Member
    The pump, hey bro. I would suggest for you to research a little harder and try to find you a local "dealer" if possible if not then a domestic source I know is hard but most of the time they are sites that you pay money to get access to this legit guys, it's worth the money bro and you get your stuff in 3 or 4 days for sure. and try to stock up as much 'cause more likely these move around a lot and you won't be able to find them later.
    Peace!

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    The less traces the better, no matter how good someone says their encyption is.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    The Pump,

You probably already know this, but it's worth writing again:

If someone, as a result of reading this thread, PM's you and offers to help find a source, then stamp that person as a scammer immediately. Just remember no legit source will contact you out of the blue through a PM.

Thread Information