Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scizophrenia???

Joey2ness is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devourer
    voices not really. i just hear **** that isnt there? paranoia? i avoid the funny looks if i just dont respond
    omy god whos voice do you hear
    when i was paranoid i heard my mothers voice yelling at me
    people sometimes hear a voice that sticks to their head usually someone that caused you stress

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    my family has a history of severe scizhophrenia and when i was way younger i was diagnosed bi polar schizo affective something. but it was mild. recently ive been losing it though? my grandma is certifiable and my ma is losing it by the day and i can almost feel myself slipping.
    i think if it runs in your family then you definately should have done research FIRST.

listen to what everyone is telling you

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    i really don't believe in these rx drugs.
    if everyones brain works differently then why would you use the same group of drugs to administer the patient.

example:
    depression= wellbutrin
    bi-polar=wellbutrin
    schizo=wellbutrin

why would this drug be perscribed for all 3 different sicknesses?
    is it some kind of magic drug?

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Don't take it so hard giving up the gear. Look at the excellent physiques on the all natural competitive BBers of the 50s, when they knew waaaay less about diet and training than we know today. Think of it as a new challenge.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    stay on gear, if youve already got a spring loose you better get as big as you can now, If they do come drag you off to the nut house, its better to go not regretting all the juice you missed out on...

I think if Jason vorhees took his killing seriously, he would have done a little more cardio and stayed on cycle at least during summer camp each year...

My entire family on both sides has a history of mental illness, I think of it more as mental weakness... steroid use and the Gym has helped me get focus like never before, and problems I thought I had at one time, seem ridiculous when i am in the gym more concerned about training legs.

Steroids may have increased my androgen level, but they didnt make me any more prone to insanity. The only adjustment I make mentally is trying to avoid very stressful situations or very stupid people...

the only mental attribute steroids and the gym have affected is my self confidence...

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbrooks2k
    stay on gear, if youve already got a spring loose you better get as big as you can now,
    ROTFFLMFAO!!!!

St.Stephen is offline New Member
    Get off the juice man. Schizophrenia usually really hits people in their late teens and early 20's. No bull****, there was a guy I knew very well in high school who flipped out at the age of 26 and cut off his mom's head and put it on the front porch. He had drug problems for years (heroin and crack), but he seemed pretty normal up until about 2 monthes before this happened. My point is, don't take anything that has the possibility of aggrevating any pre-existing mental conditions. The human mind is nothing to be taken lightly...it is the single most powerful thing in anyone's life. It has the power to make you the toughest most optimistic person in the world, or a drooling vegetable the doesn't know their own name.

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGCDAWG
    I believe this is on the same subject but, i swear i always think people are "mean mugging" me or staring at me constantly with a bad look. Either when i am driving or just standing around. I sometimes will get a bad feeling sometimes with people and think they want to either fight or hurt me. Does this happen to anyone else? or is this just me?
    Not just you BD, same exact thing here.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Why don't you get the nessissary scans done to map the activity and structure of your brain and determine to a reasonable degree if you have it or not? I minored in psychology here at U of C and had the chance to work with many people who suffer from schizophrenia, from what they described it doesn't sound like you're likely to have it. Its an extremely overdiagnosed disorder, theres really two groups of people, the people who are known 100% to have it with the physical proof present in their neural anatomy and the people who kind of sound like they might have some of the symptoms but they aren't sure what else to call it so they throw it into the same catagory.

The people we talked to were the people who were known 100% to have it, they all described similar experiances of shadowy figures stalking them, watching them, and telling them to kill themselves or others (if you have voices/figures telling you to kill others its usualy a secondary disorder). As well as severe visual hallucinations like seeing people's faces distort, melt, bleed, appear to age very rapidly before their eyes, etc. Another commonality was the onset, it was very rapid, almost over night; one guy I talked to was 19 and told me the first time he experianced anything at all was when he was 17 and he was in his back yard with his dog and suddenly a shadowy figure appeared in the corner of his yard and just watched him play with his dog, he spoke to it and it told him he had to kill himself, everyone hated him, etc., between that point and when his treatment began the figure followed him almost everywhere.

Just remember that hearing voices is a common occurance in many disorders and if your symptoms are not as severe as seeing figures, or having hallucinations its probably something more minor. Even if you hear voices telling you to kill yourself thats a symptom not limited to schizophrenia.

One random note out of curiosity, if you have any video of yourself as a young child up to the time you start walking, play it back and look for things suggesting abnormal favorability to one side of your body most pronounced in crawling. Ie: crawling with 1 arm and trying to drag the other side and/or your legs without using them. There was a study done on this phenominon related to schizophrenia and it occured in something like 80% of people who were later diagnosed in life and is thought to be due to the malformation of various parts of the brain that later come back to kick you in the ass when schizophrenia is pronounced. Be interesting to see if its something you experianced.
    Last edited by 1-Cent; 03-20-2005 at 01:22 PM.

fukkenshredded is offline New Member
    I suffer from schizophrenia, and I do not take any prescription meds for it. I am thrity seven years old. The only steroids that alter my mood are the only ones I tend to utilize -- winstrol and trenbelone. However, this is not a result of having schizophrenia. Winstrol is directly psychoactive.

They can be managed.

millionmillionaires is offline Associate Member
    does anyone know if steroids aggravate scizhophrenia? or can acclereate the onset of it?
    I can't necessarily speak in terms of steroids alone, however I do know that schizophrenia can be onset by hormonal imbalances. Bask8faces post seems to support this though.

AnabolBoy is offline Junior Member
    I feel the same way BigDawg usually when im stoned though.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    you don't use wellbutrin to treat schizophrenia, that drug in particular will make it worse. The best treatment for bi-polar is lithium. Wellbutrin will help manage the depression but will make manic episodes even worse. Hope you got your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbywussy
    i really don't believe in these rx drugs.
    if everyones brain works differently then why would you use the same group of drugs to administer the patient.

example:
    depression= wellbutrin
    bi-polar=wellbutrin
    schizo=wellbutrin

why would this drug be perscribed for all 3 different sicknesses?
    is it some kind of magic drug?

Jase is offline Associate Member
    Tackle each day as it comes, as each day falls to the way side the next day will get easier, believe in your self ,the mind is your strongest tool, bugger all the physco drugs you dont need them, chat to your friends and family or shrink if you need to { i did } but dont depend on " brain drugs " I have seen it ruin peoples lives,two of them are no longer with us.

God speed

Joey2ness is offline Member
    does anyone know if steroids aggravate scizhophrenia? or can acclereate the onset of it?
    No not skizophrenia,its just depression caused by low testosterone and sometimes its permanent.The symptoms of depression include the following aniety/panic attacks,paranoia and hearing voices.You might consider that skizophrenia but then again you can counter all these effects by using testosterone but you can not say testosterone cures/treats skizophrenia because its just depression caused by low testosterone mistaken by most if not all doctors for skizophrenia

irepdaronx is offline Junior Member
    damn devourer i feel u more than u kno my moms shizophranic and also un specified psychotic....im bipolar and gettin worse every yr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information