Juggernaut is offline AR Jester

Should my friend go on HRT? Opinions please

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum bros and if anyone feels it should be in another forum just tell me how to move it.....and too where.

I was talking with my buddy here at work about typical/average test levels in the male body. He’s the guy I ranted on a while back about how he can lift these large amounts of weight , has a thick body builders build and just seems to be blessed with amazing genetics. Also I’d like to point out that he works out three maybe four times a week and if his workouts last more than fifteen minutes is a rarity indeed. One of those genetically gifted freaks that we all wish we were.

Anyway, he’s 45, weighs around 255lbs and in excellent shape. He goes to his doctor every six months for check-up/tests and the main reason for this is that he has a pituitary tumor, one that pretty much has taken over the whole gland making it inactive (i.e. His body will not release additional test because the pituitary regulates this, correct?). The tumor is not life threatening due to the fact he takes drugs to keep it from growing any larger and the absence of the gland pretty much means he produces no adrenalin.

He got his test results back and after looking over his results we started discussing HRT. His results are as follows;

Testosterone , Total 280 Reference Range: 260-1000
    % Free Testosterone 2.39 Reference Range: 1.0-2.7
    Testosterone, Free 68.9pg/ml Reference Range: 50-210
    Adrenocorticotrophic Hormone40pg/ml Ref. Range: <70

Now looking at these ranges and his results, it seems to me but I could be wrong, his levels are just barely about acceptable/normal levels. I asked if he had ever talked with his doc about putting him on a steroid . He said he had been placed on a steroid when he was first diagnosed with the tumor (7 years ago) but he opted to stop shortly after, for reasons I don’t know why.

For his own personal gratification he would like to push even more weight yet he seems to be stuck at his current max lift. I’m sure there are numerous things one could do to make this happen but if your test levels are this low will they do any good? I suggested he take the HRT again. He wanted me to put this up on the board to see what you bros think. If your levels were like his would you jump on the juice? Are his levels low enough to be concerned? Also, would the doses he would be given (I’m guessing a single shot once a month, that’s what he received before) help in with strength? I could be way off base on my thoughts concerning this so please correct me where I’m wrong in what I wrote above.

Sorry for being so long winded but I wanted to give you a decent info background.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Given his age, that level might not be all that uncommon. This I don't know as most peoples blood work I see are 20-30's.

Best thing to do is consult his doc about his options.

If he wanted to hop on the sauce without a doctors supervision, as in what some of us do(present company excluded), then I would suggest my usual first cycle 250mg Enan E4D

Thanks Pheedno (noticed I spelled the whole thing, haha) I was hoping you would drop by.....you know a pretty good amount on the subject so thanks.

He's not interested in doing anything other than what the doc agrees too. His doc has already said he'll put him on it if he wants to, in fact his doc suggested it. He just dosen't know if it's worth it. I was thinking why not do it and see where his levels are at his next visit just to see how it works for him.

Ambulance is offline Member
    Shouldn't the tumor be taken into consideration since gear can accelerate things of that nature?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    If his doc suggested it, then I'd go for it. He can always discontinue if he's not feeling a benefit of expected proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulance1984
    Shouldn't the tumor be taken into consideration since gear can accelerate things of that nature?
    His doctor has already stated that it would not have adverse effects on his tumor........his doctor recommended it as well as he did try it when he was first diagnosed.

Thread Information