Thread: waste of food?

bvfd253 is offline Junior Member

waste of food?

its been stuck in my head that if i eat more than my body needs then it just goes to waste and into the toilet, lets say my body naturally needed 2500 calories a day and i ate 3000 calories, is it guranteed those extra 500 calories will stick inside of me and not go straight thru me to the toilet?

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    I would put this in the diet section,
    But to answer your question I dont think it would go to waste,

What kind of calories are you eating? because if your protien intake is to high, even that can be stored as fat.

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    I dont think you would have to worry though if your BMR is 2,500 cals, 500 would be a good amount for a lean bulk

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bvfd253 View Post
    its been stuck in my head that if i eat more than my body needs then it just goes to waste and into the toilet, lets say my body naturally needed 2500 calories a day and i ate 3000 calories, is it guranteed those extra 500 calories will stick inside of me and not go straight thru me to the toilet?
    If you're overeating, not everything goes to waste. In fact, to grow you NEED to eat above your maintenance level. Remember the more frequently you eat, the faster your metabolism will become. Therefore, your body will start to assimilate the surplus of fuel and get bigger.

This all goes without saying that your goals are to build muscle mass. Overeating without a practical workout routine would be pointless. In actuality, if you weren't working out while increasing your caloric intake above it's needs/maintenance levels you WOULD put on extra fat, or excrete additional waste.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    fat and carbs you can keep all the calories from. protein on the other hand is quite a different story.

Thread Information