Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bulk Then Cut

8 61.54%
  • Cut Then Bulk

5 38.46%
    big swoll is offline Member

Bulk Then Cut, or Cut Then Bulk?

whats up guys....i was just wondering in general what everybody thinks you should do first.....im not talking about contest prep either, obviously then you would bulk then cut.....but for an average guy would you suggest getting down to a low bf and then bulking, or bulking first and then try to get the six pack to pop out

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Would you rather be a cut up skinny guy, or a cut up big guy? Bulk up, then you have something to work with.

-moto

big swoll is offline Member
    i completely agree moto.....thats why im planning a big bulking cycle comming up in a few months......i know alot of people say that you should get down to 10 or 12%bf though before you start a cycle....im about twelve right now, so i dont have a problem

Jackman is offline Banned
    well im 209 ilb at 5'8 around 14% body fat and i wanted to do a bulk but people keep telling me if i get any biger it wont look good so im going with a cutter for summer then go bulk at the end of the summer. I just wouldnt feel comfortable doing a bulk if i wasnt cut up but thats just me.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    bulk then cut

MachZ is offline Member
    I would tend to agree that if your BF is rather high to begin with you should be cutting first or you could end up looking pretty bad.
    Cutting takes discipline, if you can stick to that for awhile at least you should be able to bulk no prob.
    If lower BF then I would bulk first.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Basically... depends - if you are already a big dude, then cut up and then bulk up. If you don't have much mass now - then bulk up and then cut up. The more lean weight you have to cut up the better you will look and the easier it will be (muscle weight up speeds metabolism).

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Basically... depends - if you are already a big dude, then cut up and then bulk up. If you don't have much mass now - then bulk up and then cut up. The more lean weight you have to cut up the better you will look and the easier it will be (muscle weight up speeds metabolism).
    Warrior has it.
    If it's your first cycle I always say cut first if your body fat is high. if you have been doing A.S. for a while you are probably a pretty good sized person and always cut down after a cycle. So I would say we cut first and then bulk.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big swoll
    whats up guys....i was just wondering in general what everybody thinks you should do first.....im not talking about contest prep either, obviously then you would bulk then cut.....but for an average guy would you suggest getting down to a low bf and then bulking, or bulking first and then try to get the six pack to pop out
    Bulk then cut, but let me ask, what is wrong with trying to grow muscles but not particularly grow fat. OK so the muscles grow better when accumlating lots of fat along with it, but then when you cut the fat off, muscles shrink down some. What is wrong with going for 10 lbs of lean gains then to try to gain 20 to 25 lbs on cycle then fight and struggle like hell to loose the extra 10 to 15 back so you can turn your kegger back into a 4 or 6 pack?

Jackman is offline Banned
    i would rather cut with like 14% body fat then bulk then cut at 17% thats why..... cutting is a lot harder and takes more disipline than to bulk i think

Thread Information