View Poll Results: Do you like the Online | Offline status?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep it!

20 66.67%
  • No, I hate it!

1 3.33%
  • It's all the same to me.

9 30.00%
    ptbyjason Guest

Exclamation I need some feedback from some opinionated people

What do you guys think of the Online | Offline status I put on the board. If you like it, let me know. If you hate it, I want to know too. Give me some feedback.

The Iron Game Guest
    looks pretty cool but I voted for the third option

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    I like it personally. I would leave it.

Lush is offline Associate Member
    It's pretty cool. Didn't even notice it until you posted the question though...

Slapshot1 is offline Junior Member
    I like it I can see my buddy Lush is Online which is cool

The original jason Guest
    yep leave it in bro good idea

jason

CYCLEON Guest
    yes but the yellow thing before that did teh same thing was just as good - also the neon yellow names have got to go. I know that they color coordinate well but they are darn hard to see - try a different color perhaps - while you are fiddling, some more smilees would be nice to express my full emotional range

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up

Like CYCLEON said the other was good..But I like this beter simply because it is more noticable. Also I agree with him about the yellow names. Its great that even though the board has a great new format, your still putting time into it trying to improve it still.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Yep great but ditch the yellow!

BA

ptbyjason Guest
    Thanks for the feedback guys. So, is the blue and white ok instead? If you have another color idea let me know.
    I know this all sounds pointless, but I am just trying to improve the look of the board a little bit.

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    I give it a thumbs up

CYCLEON Guest
    blue is better for sure - why not put the blue cloud around it as well (like the yellow was) to make the white easier to see - last thing I need is more eye strain

ptbyjason Guest
    There is a blue cloud around the username now. I just toned it down to make it look more like an outline. Should the blue be larger around the username?

pump man is offline Junior Member
    i like it .if you want to talk to someone you know if he is on or not.:

CYCLEON Guest
    yeah jason, lets try a larger cloud, see what it looks like - anything for us people who stare at a screen all day

Try to tone the color down other than that I like it I like to see whos online/offline

Mike Guest
    I like the online/offline thing - hey cycleon - there is no way we could possible incorporate enough smileys to fully express your range of manic depressive emotional status...we'll give you as many as we can though - take it or leave it

As for the title thing - I am kind of getting a headache looking at everyone'e name glowing - we need to put a disclaimer on here in case we have any epileptic members LOL

CYCLEON Guest
    mike - u forgot my bone crushing uncontrolable rage, my twisted sneering one-eyebrow-up a la Mike myers smile, and lets not pass up my giddy delusional disassociated laughter

ptbyjason Guest
    Cyclone, I've tried the bigger cloud thing and it looked like shit. It is too much. I want to keep it kind of toned down.

pureanger, If the online/offline thing is too bright I can change them to a different color. Maybe a lighter green and red. I'll try it out.

Mike if you think the titles are bright now, you should have seen the original one I had with the bright orange glow. No one saw that one. I changed it to a calmer yellow and no one liked it. I couldn't see anything but dots for a while. I think light blue is about as tame as I can get.

Everybody's computer resolution is different so I guess it's affecting the way everyone likes/dislikes it. I'll keep adjusting and hopefully we can find some middle ground without making everyone blind.

test color
    test color
    test color
    test color

I like the top red it looks good

Thread Information