helios is offline Associate Member

McEnroe claims steriod use...

Found this on ESPN.com....

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Andre Agassi, defending the integrity of tennis dented by the Greg Rusedski nandrolone affair, on Wednesday said he was at a "loss for words" over John McEnroe's comments about drugs in the sport.

Former world No. 1 McEnroe, now a respected broadcaster and tennis pundit, told a British newspaper on Sunday that he had been given steroids without his knowledge during his career.

"For six years I was unaware I was being given a form of steroid of the legal kind they used to give horses until they decided it was too strong even for horses," McEnroe said.

"So people have to become more aware of what they are putting into their bodies. In general people are administered drugs too readily."

Agassi, in Melbourne before the defense of his Australian Open crown, was incredulous.

"Well, you try to find the understanding in why some people choose to say the things that they do and in reference to those specific quotes or admissions, I am not quite sure who that benefits.

"I just find myself (at) a bit of a loss for words when it comes to that sort of stuff being expressed. I'm not sure what to say about that."

With the media focus on Rusedski and the Briton's admission last week that he had tested positive for the banned steroid nandrolone at a tournament in the U.S. in July, Agassi once again leapt to the defence of the sport.

"Our game is built on sportsmanship, it's built on respect for the game, and I think there were many years when it wasn't the business that it is today," he said.

"As the nature of the game has changed I think it has left room for the potential, like any other sport, for the odd person to look for an advantage, even an unfair advantage.

"But with that being said, I believe the game has evolved every bit as quickly when it comes to the process of detecting the cheats.

"I just find that every positive test that may come out is a reflection of just how serious our drug-testing program is.

"I think we have moved with the times, I think it is a very healthy approach towards the drug-testing process."

Rusedski says he is convinced he will be cleared of any wrongdoing at a hearing in Montreal on Feb. 9.

He says that more than 40 top tennis players have shown "elevated levels" of the substance, and argues that he is being singled out.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    not surprised !

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Couldnt tell I guess with the temper part. What was he on 1mg a week of winny.

Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    Couldnt tell I guess with the temper part. What was he on 1mg a week of winny.
    He was on deca .

-h

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    1st... he was unaware?

2nd... the legal kind?

Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    1st... he was unaware?

2nd... the legal kind?
    Yeah...thats what I think is a crock of shyte. How was he "unaware" of what he was on? I mean c'mon...

I'm assuming its the real deal, not the pro-hormone. He says "it was even banned for horse use b/c it was so strong" and they refer to it as nandrolone in the article.

-h

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    What's sad is I think it was 3-4 years go his ex wife said he had been using AS during his playing days and he denied it. And now he comes out with this story? I mean why? Wonder if he was talking about Winstrol ?

Peace,

CC

Bartleby is offline Member
    he knew what he was doing, its impossible to not know what is going into your body...im interested to find out why he came out with all of this now...

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    really now- AS use in tennis? sort of an "overkill" isnt it... lol

Steve is offline Associate Member
    I bet he had a bad case of deca dick if he was taking that for 6 years

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    This is already posted in the AR Lounge.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    It's pretty obvious that he was on the juice. I don't know about you guys, but it is my dream to be as buff as McEnroe someday.

funkdoc911 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    It's pretty obvious that he was on the juice. I don't know about you guys, but it is my dream to be as buff as McEnroe someday.

hahah only if he got his posing down ... hands down he would be mr olympia

Doc

thai guy is offline Junior Member
    well i guess nandralone would have its uses in a sport like tennis...your joins especially the elbos, knees, and ankles take a beating in this sport...

the water retention and helping of the joints related to nandrolone ...would help this..

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    What's the deal every sport has juice involved now, I seen a Bro post on a thread like this one say that golfers are juicing.

Maybe this'll start the push to change the laws

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    What's the deal every sport has juice involved now, I seen a Bro post on a thread like this one say that golfers are juicing.

Maybe this'll start the push to change the laws

JohnnyB
    That's what I'M Talkin' about!
    Legal, then ilegal with a Slap, now Schedule 3??

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    That explains why he's such a nut. See guys roid rage isnt a myth LOL

Thread Information