Paranoid is offline Associate Member

Cardio while "ON"

While on a 12 week cutting cycle of Test and EQ (800mg total) would it be ok to do my regular 60-75min anaerobic workout, followed by a good protein shake (40g or so) then do cardio for 45 min? Or, should I wait to have the shake after I'm finished with both the anaerobic and aerobic components?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Best to do cardio int eh morning on an empty stomach. That way, you can get a good PWO shake as well as a big dinner to fuel muscle growth(or at least maintenance) while burning fat in the morning and throughout the day

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    Best to do cardio int eh morning on an empty stomach. That way, you can get a good PWO shake as well as a big dinner to fuel muscle growth(or at least maintenance) while burning fat in the morning and throughout the day
    I agree. In the past when I have tried doing cardio after my workout, I noticed that it inhibited muscle growth more than it burned fat.

Paranoid is offline Associate Member
    So, its really ill advised to do cardio following a workout then? I always thought that splitting cardio and weight training would be most optimal, however, its not always feasible. I will try to get an afternoon shift at work so that I can do cardio in the morning and then weight training at nights. I really admire ppl who can hit the gym at 6am, for me its hard get up and to make it even at noon.
    Last edited by Paranoid; 01-13-2004 at 01:40 PM.

lifesabitch is offline Associate Member
    I hear you about the whole working out in the morning. I've tried and it just doesn't work very well for me.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    I have used cardio 45mins first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and its brilliant. It sets you up for the day in terms of feeling motivated and energised (once you have finished and eaten) plus you know you can given 100& intensity to your strength training later on.

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    after hearing all the hype over running in the am on an empty stomach- i thought i would give it a try this week.. well, its wed- 5:38 am- (still a slpeep while writing) -- this morning is a rest day, i am still up to try and keep my schedule... i am the epitome of the non-morning person, but as bigun wrote, it actually helps with motivation and gets you ready for the rest of the day... still to soon to see how well i drop the bf..

LebaneseMuscle is offline Junior Member
    i love running in the morning on an empty stomach ( except for my ECA) it makes me puke. You'll never lose weight quicker. lol.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    I just started to do my cardio in the early morning. Its great starts the morning off right. I was one of those people who didin't get up until 9am and had to be at work by 930 lol. Now i have some goals i need to accomplish i need to get my lazy ass up in the morning to hit the treadmill

Thread Information