Bogan is offline Junior Member

**25g 1inch pins???

is it ok to use 25g 1inch pins to shoot glutes???
    i am 5'8 165 lb.
    Last edited by Bogan; 01-14-2002 at 02:59 PM.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Depends on how lean you are. If the gear gets depositted in the fat instead of the muscle...it's slightly less effective as blood flow through fat is much slower than blood flow through muscle. Also pushing an oil based injectable through a 25g pin is HARD...23g is bad enough. I use a 1" 23g but usually just hit my quads and delts.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: **25g 1inch pins???

Originally posted by Bogan
    is it ok to use 25g 1inch pins to shoot glutes???
    i am 5'8 165 lb.
    Nope. Next question?

Seriously, bro, 165 lbs. is a fairly hefty starting weight for someone who's 5'8", and my guess is that you may not be getting into deep muscle with only a 1" pin. The standard for a glute shot is 1-1/2" - the 1" pins are best for the delts and quads.

As for the gauge, it depends on what you're shooting. If it's water based, 25 g. is fine. But if it's oil base, I'm with Pete235 - go 23 g. minimum for the glutes, recognizing that it will shoot slower than a 22 g.

(For what it's worth, on oil-based solutions, I use a 22 g. 1-1/2" for the glutes, 23 g. 1" for the delts, and 25 g. 1" for the quads. And the 25 g. is real slow, but I'm more comfortable with it when I do my quads. For delts and glutes, I have someone else do the shot since a proper injection takes two hands.)

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    If you are 10% or less you should be okay but I would go with 1.5 for glutes. But I COMPLETELY DISAGREE about the gauge.

Yes it will be a slow inject but that is a positive, slower injects reduce pain and scar tissue buildup. On my last cycle I was pushing oil based gear through a 29g slin pin.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Now this isn't something you want to follow cause it is not the best thing to be doing, especailly if the needle breaks. Well if u r injecting an 1 1/2 needle into the glute u leave a bit sticking out incase it breaks off. So, there is actually 1 inch in the glute and a bit less then half an inch sticking out. Well when ever i have had to use 1 inch pins in the glute i drive the pin all the way in, sometimes even the flared part, the holds the pin goes in too. Now this definately is something not to do, but will do the job when all u have is 1 inch pins

Bogan is offline Junior Member
    thanks everyone!

Thread Information