Ready2Roll225 is offline New Member

Young age...What can I do??

Wassup all? I am only 16, about to be 17. I was just wondering what you all would recommend me do? I`ve seen those "legal anabolic " products. How would they be? I`ve tried creatine and all that shit, but nothing has done really anything. The only thing I notice differences with is when I do it all naturally, and I`m just beginning to get impatient I don`t want you all to respond back telling me not to start up on juice yet. I know not to just yet. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks all!!

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Re: Young age...What can I do??

Welcome, R2R225! I can make my recommendation in five words: Don't start up on juice yet.

Alright, don't get pissed, you knew that most of us would say that. But, for what it's worth, when I was 16 (relax, bro, there's no sermon coming at you), I would have been impatient as hell, and I would have wanted to know why not to do AS. Obviously, "Because we said so" won't cut it.

But the truth is simple: You're not done growing naturally yet. You may or may not be at your maximum height, but even if you're not bound to get much taller, your bones and your body structure are still developing. And you risk fucking it up if you start juicing now (it being everything from your height to your body development to your natural testosterone and other hormone levels). You're a growing wheel, dude, getting bigger on your own (although you won't see it overnight) - doing AS now would be like throwing a monkey wrench in the spokes of the wheel, and the spokes will break.

One thing you didn't include in your initial post or your profile is your stats - height, weight, b/f, specific training experience etc. Because of that, we can't really speculate on what your next step should be.

So, without knowing what your profile is specifically, I'll be presumptuous enough to assume that you want to be as huge as "the other guys" (whoever they may be). Guess what, champ: It doesn't work that way for everyone. Some guys get huge at 13 or 14, others don't hit their growth peak until their early 20's. Some have a natural tendency to bulk up well, and others can't put on weight even if they eat 100,000 calories a day. (Yeah, it's an exaggeration, but you get the point.)

So tell us more - like your stats and your goals - and we may be able to point you in the right direction. But I'm afraid one recommendation won't change: Don't start up on juice yet.

And don't let the frustration get you down. Despite the fact that we will discourage you from doing AS at this point, we really are on your side.

Again, a big welcome.
    Last edited by TNT; 01-14-2002 at 05:24 PM.

m.o.d is offline Junior Member
    what you dont want to do is let it start affecting your head because if you let that happen and start messing with roids there is little chance of you stopping..roids are imo just as addicting as street drugs and you will only be setting yourself up for health problems later in life just like me..

go with what tennis just said and eat and train your ass off...when you hit your early 20's then you can consider the "other"

good luck

Rastus is offline Associate Member
    Along w/ the Creatine and protein sups, Fine tune your diet. Cut out junk food and other useless foods. High protein and quality foods will help alot.

Check out the diet section on the board. It'll help you figure out what and when to eat to help you out the most.

Hang w/ it too.....

solid90062 is offline Member
    if creatine and protein are not working then there must be something wrong with your diet or routine...that stuff is great for putting on mass. I t may not be as strong as AS, but at your age you can definitely put on 5-10lbs of quality in a months time if done right .

detail your stats, your diet, and your training routine and frequency...

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    At your age its all about 3 factors:
    • DIET - You're probably not eating enough calories. Get your protein and carb intake up. Drink more water.
    • WORKOUT - Work every muscle group once a week - nothing more, nothing less.
    • REST - Often overlooked by people your age. Take 2 days off per week and make sure that you get lots of sleep.

You have enough natural testosterone at your age, so take advantage of it and stay dedicated. Good luck!

Ready2Roll225 is offline New Member
    Ok, lets see. 5'11, 170lbs., and I really have not the first damn clue as to what my body fat and all that shit is. lol. I`m really new to all this. I dont want to be like one of these guys on ESPN, I doubt I want to be near that. I just want to be like 230-250 SOLID and cut up from hell. I really just want to turn heads.....especially girls Right now, I think I am skin n` bones. The only thing I have going for me right now, is chest and traps. Arms, LMAO!!! Legs, they`re pretty damn big since I race BMX. Anything else ya`ll need to know?? I can also supply a pic if needed. Thanks for all the help you all. I really appreciate it alot!!!

solid90062 is offline Member
    What about your current training routines and how often you train and for how long everyday.

We need that info too to help you out

beenie is offline Senior Member
    My bet is that you are burning a lot of muscle by all the BMX racing you are doing. Lots of cardio gets you that lean look.

Also physiologically at 17 you are still developing so a lot of what you are looking for is going to come by itself as you work out.

What do you eat? How much do you eat? Certain food sources are better for the production of testosterone than others. How do you work out? How much do you lift? How long do you lift (reps and sets)? Whats the frequency (days/week)? How long have you been doing it?

mopar_13 is offline New Member
    your probally not eating enough. You can't expect to grow without the right amount of protien or calories. you should be eating about a gram to two grams of protein per pound of body weight. You should also eat an additinal 1000 to 2000 calories extra. Be sure to drink enough water with the creatine as well. What kind of creatine are you taking.

Thread Information