Thread: milk thistle

blizzard is offline Associate Member

milk thistle

bros hi! how are you taking your milk thistle capsules?ý'm taking them with b-vitamin complex tabs once every day.how do you combine b-vits and milk thistles?

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    I take b5 500mg 4x a day with my multivitamins and as for milk thistle when I am on a cycle, I take 1200-2000mg/d spread out.

If I didn't answer your question, I am not sure I understood it, sorry.

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Can anyone find any good research on milk thistle? I like most, fork over $30 for a bottle and use it at a gram ed while on. Heres what the FDA says about it

FDA has evaluated the data and information in GRAS Notice No. GRN 000066 as well as other available information. The notice does not provide a sufficient basis for a determination that milk thistle extract is GRAS under the conditions of its intended use.

Substances Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS)).

Wondering if anyone has found any good studies on it.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Take the mistle thistle several times a day if possible and try for at least a gram of the stuff. 2-3 gallons of water daily is where the real money is for liver protection.

Psycoswole is offline Member

Re: more....

Originally posted by Tennis_God
    A compound in Milk Thistle seed dubbed silymarin has been shown to protect the liver from a variety of toxic substances. It prevents toxins from penetrating the interior of liver cells, while promoting the growth of healthy new cells to repair liver damage. It also has antioxidant properties, mopping up damaging free radicals.

Did you get this from a supplement sales sites? FDA says they wont vouch for any of that.

Thread Information