Thread: Hives or Acne?

Macho Man is offline New Member

Hives or Acne?

Hello, I'm on my first cycle. I'm on week 6 of QV Enanthate (500mg) and QV Deca (300mg).
    Anyway, about 2 weeks ago I noticed a red, puffy area about the size of a quarter on my colar bone. soon, I had 4 puffy areas. Now, after 2 weeks, I have them all over my chest, stomach, upper back, lower back, and now they are beginning to appear on my shoulders as well.

All of the ones on my back and shoulders are fairly circular and slightly smaller than a dime. The original few are slightly larger than a dime and the very first one is still there and is roughly the size of a quarter (although, its more oval-shaped).

Anyway, I am unsure whether I am having an allergic reaction (hives) or whether it is steroid acne. My wife says it looks like hives, but they don't itch.........

I have tried benadryl and claritin, neither of which helped. In fact, it seems as if there are more every day, while the old ones aren't going away.

I am scheduled to take a shot tommorrow (the beginning of week 7). Should I go on with my cycle? Should I drop the deca and see if that helps? Should I drop the cycle all together?

I would greatly appreciate some advice.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macho Man
    Hello, I'm on my first cycle. I'm on week 6 of QV Enanthate (500mg) and QV Deca (300mg).
    Anyway, about 2 weeks ago I noticed a red, puffy area about the size of a quarter on my colar bone. soon, I had 4 puffy areas. Now, after 2 weeks, I have them all over my chest, stomach, upper back, lower back, and now they are beginning to appear on my shoulders as well.

All of the ones on my back and shoulders are fairly circular and slightly smaller than a dime. The original few are slightly larger than a dime and the very first one is still there and is roughly the size of a quarter (although, its more oval-shaped).

Anyway, I am unsure whether I am having an allergic reaction (hives) or whether it is steroid acne. My wife says it looks like hives, but they don't itch.........

I have tried benadryl and claritin, neither of which helped. In fact, it seems as if there are more every day, while the old ones aren't going away.

I am scheduled to take a shot tommorrow (the beginning of week 7). Should I go on with my cycle? Should I drop the deca and see if that helps? Should I drop the cycle all together?

I would greatly appreciate some advice.
    bro, definitely not acne.....i would not drop your cycle....have you done anything different, like changing detergents? wash with a new soap etc.? the fact that they started on your collar bone is wierd, not near an injection site makes me think it is something else than aas.....but im no doctor, and if they persist you need to see a doctor

Macho Man is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    bro, definitely not acne.....i would not drop your cycle....have you done anything different, like changing detergents? wash with a new soap etc.? the fact that they started on your collar bone is wierd, not near an injection site makes me think it is something else than aas.....but im no doctor, and if they persist you need to see a doctor

I can think of nothing else that I have changed and could possibly be having an allergic rxn to...........mexican vet gear seemed pretty logical to me.

Another thing I should mention is that the shade of red seems to vary. Sometimes (especially in the morning) they are very pale pink and barely noticeable when I stand a few feet away from the mirror. Other times (especially after working out), they are a reddish color and fairly noticable.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macho Man
    I can think of nothing else that I have changed and could possibly be having an allergic rxn to...........mexican vet gear seemed pretty logical to me.

Another thing I should mention is that the shade of red seems to vary. Sometimes (especially in the morning) they are very pale pink and barely noticeable when I stand a few feet away from the mirror. Other times (especially after working out), they are a reddish color and fairly noticable.
    I would make a trip to the dermatologist bro.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    definitely doesn't sound like acne, too large, sounds like cysts, I would get them checked, and hold off on the cycle.

hckyplyr is offline New Member
    Sounds like acne, like big cysts brother. Definately make an appointment with the derm. One question, how are you doing on your cycle? Have you been gaining nicely?

it could be a rash, i have had stuff like that. Try using some anti histamine lotion

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Allergy bro....from the king of allergies

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Benadryl should help if it is hives, 50mg. I would drop cycle and like said above switch detergants it could help.

Thread Information