carlo is offline Associate Member

Unhappy Is this an abcess?

Guys I am worried because yesterday was my injection day and my sister injected me 500mg of test e at once(2ccs)she is a nurse and she knows what she is doing even though she told me doubts the sterility of the stuff I use,anyways it was in my quad with a 23g 1" needle, the previous times we used a 22g 1 1/2" and it hurt when the solution went in, this time it did not but today it hurst to walk and the area where she injected feels a little warm, is this an abcess ? should I go to the doc before it gets worse?
    Anyone please help!!!

Thanks very Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scorpio is offline Community Veteran
    If it's warm to the touch and red, keep an eye on it. It could be an infection. If the redness spreads or it gets hot, I would seek out a Dr. antibiotics should clear it up.

is not red and there is no lump but it hurts like bitch to walk, maybe 2ccs at once is not good and maybe I should stick to the glute injections 1cc at a time?

Thanks for your response Scorpio!

Roidfever is offline Associate Member
    Nah, I shoot them oil-based roids with 5cc at a time... But the heat could be the prequel of an abcess. As I have already told I myself have had a couple of them in my quads. Last time the ER-doctor even told me that if I had waited a few more days, I probably would have died... This makes you think doesn't it?

Thanks for the words of encouragement roidfever...
    how do I know is an abcess? is not red swollen is slightly warm only. Ok In how many days should it manifest on my leg I mean red swollen?

boosted m3 is offline Associate Member
    an abscess isnt the same thing as an infection is it?

I think it is bro, damm now i am not going to be able to finish my cycle or to work out, ****!!

Well an abcess is infected, but this doesn't mean that every infection is an abcess.

As for you carlo: ice-pack the infection in order to keep the heat down. I have also managed to "conquer" some infections by rubbing some anti-staphylocock salve on the spot. If these things don't work: visit a doctor. He'll prescribe some antibiotics and the infection will vanish within a week.

My former story was meant to warn you: don't wait to long. Better safe than sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo
    I think it is bro, damm now i am not going to be able to finish my cycle or to work out, ****!!
    Don't panic. Visit your doctor if the pain lasts. If it disappears you can go on with your cycle... It's as simple as that. But keep this in mind: ALWAYS disinfect the needle and the wound!

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Happens to me from time to time,depends where she hit your muscle.Monitor it and i feel you'll be fine.I hit my pecs and get oil build up but it goes away in time

Talking

Thanks Dabull, you guys make me feel better already but tonight right after work i will get me a heating pad and some type of topical OTC antibiotic and will take some ibuprofen just in case!

Talking

Thanks Roidfever, seems like you guys had this happened to you all before. I apprecciate it!
    I am getting a better picture of it now...no need to panic i guess, typical rookie.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Carlo..Buying OTC antibiotic creams are going to do nothing for your issue..If you have developed an infection, oral antibiotics will be the only thing that will assist in clearing it up..Keep icing it, take an anti-inflammatory as needed, and monitor it closely for any changes..If it worsens, you will need to see a Doctor..Sice your sister is a Nurse, then she should be very familiar and proficient with injection techniques..Sometimes these things just happen for various reasons..And 2cc's is really not too much to inject at one time..

Doc M

Thanks Doc M, can i take something like Turmeric maybe, salmon oil, or needs to be a pharmaceutical type of anti-imflamatory? If you don't mind what is the best type of oral antibiotic for this type of infections if any?
    You and other guys have suggested icing it, but others mention heating pad, which is best?
    Thank You Doc M!!!

Thanks Doc M, can i take something like Turmeric maybe, salmon oil, or needs to be a pharmaceutical type of anti-imflamatory? If you don't mind what is the best type of oral antibiotic for this type of infections if any?
    You and other guys have suggested icing it, but others mention heating pad, which is best?
    Thank You Doc M!!!
    Ice is the best option..Heat tends to dry out the area and increase inflammation..OTC Aleve, Ibuprofen, etc. are your best choices..

Orals that can be effective in this case are amoxicillin, ampicillin, ciprofloxacin, etc..Pretty much any of the "cillins" are effective to treat infections caused by bacteria..This does not include viral based infections..

Doc M

Talking

Thank you Doc M, I am ordering some tonight and have it sent overnight so I start treatment, wanna avoid seeing a doctor(legality issues) Do I have to stop my cycle until I finish the antibiotics? or can I continue as it is now yeah my quad is swelling.
    Thank You very much Doc!!!!

Thank you Doc M, I am ordering some tonight and have it sent overnight so I start treatment, wanna avoid seeing a doctor(legality issues) Do I have to stop my cycle until I finish the antibiotics? or can I continue as it is now yeah my quad is swelling.
    Thank You very much Doc!!!!
    You can continue your cycle..Just monitor the site very closely..I didn't realize you were asking what type of antibiotic worked best so you could order some to self treat..PM me what you ordered, or intend on ordering and what mgs so I can make sure you are going to order the appropriate meds....

Doc M

longhornDr is offline Member
    One day post-injection is way too early to have an abcess.

If you did have an abcess oral antibiotics would do nothing for you.

Self medicating with antibiotics is a bad idea, especially this early. Take Ibuprofen, 6-800mg, every 6 hours. If it isn't improving after 4-5 days then you should consider seeing a doctor.

Is this underground test E you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    One day post-injection is way too early to have an abcess.

If you did have an abcess oral antibiotics would do nothing for you.

Self medicating with antibiotics is a bad idea, especially this early. Take Ibuprofen, 6-800mg, every 6 hours. If it isn't improving after 4-5 days then you should consider seeing a doctor.

Is this underground test E you are using?

I am afraid so it is bro, but I used it before and problems
    So you think i should wait before self medicating but it hurts to walk can't bend my leg and isgetting swollen..
    Thanks for your response!.

I'm glad I reread this thread..I didn't realize it was only 1 day post injection..Wait a few days and monitor the site closely..No reason to jump on an antibiotic if it's not an infection..If you do decide to skip seeing a Doctor, which I disocurage, PM me so we can make sure you are straight..

Doc M

monkeyjuice is offline Member
    your may be reacting to the BA content in your Test E. 1 Day after injecting is a bit early bro. My ****t is sore for at least 2 days after inject.

slapjac is offline New Member
    I injected 2cc's every week alternating sides until I had that happend to me. I was worried and it felt worse every day for almost a week.
    I then went to 1cc twice a week and never had the problem again. I, at the time, figured that I had just pushed in too much at once or too fast maybe....but I figured that the pain was from getting some of the oil in the sub-q area.
    Maybe a bit of an angle and the combo of the shorter pin got some in your fat under the skin and, as you now know, there are a bunch of nerves there to be irritated over the next few days.

Thread Information