Thread: painkillers!

poppapump58 is offline Member

painkillers!

Im currently doing a cycle of suspension and equipoise . Sometimes my suspension injects are so painful i resort to my girlfriends painkillers. I was just wondering if im hurting my body by taking these painkillers. Im also taking 1000 mg of milk thistle a day.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, I still have shit loads of perks and tylenol 3 with codine(spelling) left from my injury. I take them from time to time cause of pain from the injury, and sometimes just sometimes for the heck of it (i didn't say that lol) anyway, don't take her pills, take NUBAIN! hehhe

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    if the injections hurt that bad bro, switch to something else. thats a poor excuse to take painkillers.

pks

aren't that bad for you. The main danger is addiction. I take PKs for fun, and I never waste them on pain lol. They are a little hard on your kidneys.

nautica is offline Associate Member
    the tylenol in them is worse for your liver than the opium

samoth is offline Member
    If at all possible, stay away from the painkillers... I have seen too many friends get hooked on them. Besides, for most circumstances, you dont really need them.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: painkillers!

Originally posted by poppapump58
    . . . i resort to my girlfriends painkillers. I was just wondering if im hurting my body by taking these painkillers . . .
    I usually don't answer this so bluntly, bro, but you'll see why I do in a second . . .

I can't tell you whether you're hurting your body, but I can tell you that you are being a putz (look it up) who has truly asked Dumb Question 101.

Why? Because you referred generically to "painkillers." Most people would refer to a specific drug, which indicates that you don't even know what the phuque you're taking.

Seriously, bro, chill out and think about that for a minute. Notwithstanding that you're taking something that was prescribed for someone else, you're asking a generic question without even naming the drug. Moreover, we know nothing about you, except for the minimal information in your profile.

So the answer to your question is: Based on the background you have provided, there is no answer. There are too many variables, and they are not limited to the name of the drug. So if you're looking for absolution, I'm afraid that I can't give it to you. And if anyone else does give you absolution by telling you that what you're doing is cool, it's simply another putz who's doing the same thing that you are, and his absolution is no different than mutual masturbation.

All that said, Poppa, we really do want what's best for you, and I'm not out to bust your balls. Samoth and BigKev have given you sound advice without my editorializing; if you can't take a hint from me, take it from them.

As I stated in my question, I needed some info on the effects of painkillers during steroid use . What the hell does being a putz have to do with anything I said. It was a simple question I didnt know that needed a simple answer. I thought this board was for people to ask questions. According to your statement, everybody that ask a question about something is a putz. I dont know where you got the idea that painkillers were something I thought was cool.

QUOTE]And if anyone else does give you absolution by telling you that what you're doing is cool, it's simply another putz who's doing the same thing that you are, and his absolution is no different than mutual masturbation[/QUOTE]

Im still trying to figure this one out.

Next time you knock on somebody, try knocking yourself out. It might make some people very happy.
    Last edited by poppapump58; 01-16-2002 at 02:18 AM.

thumper is offline New Member
    Different painkillers work though different mechanisms of action. Some block the cyclooxygenase pathway and some bind to opiate receptors. These various drugs are also metabolized by different mechanisms. So, asking if painkillers will do more damage is not specific enough.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Now, now, now. No need for getting upset. I know where you are both coming from. And I refuse to take a side, because you are both my boys. BUT, can you at least tell us what kind of painkillers they are? That way, knowledgable people can decide if they are right for you.

No worries bro. Cheers.

there called oxyir.

thumper is offline New Member
    http://www.rxlist.com/frame/display.cgi?drug=Oxyir

This link should help you out. You are taking an opiate and I would be very concerned about respiratory depression, and addiction. I do not advocate this but Nubain would actually be a better choice, since it does bind as strongly to the opiate receptors. Try an oil based test if the pain is that great.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    if you are in such pain that you need painkillers, then you are in to much pain to train, and if you dont train, aas will do you no good at all, so if they are doing you no good at all, then dont take them. and if you dont take aas, your question is mute.

I only take them on occasion. Im not addicted, I just wanted to know the effects on the body, thats all.

Kidney and liver damage can occure when used for extended periods of time. They can also cause your stomach some grief.

Out_A_Bounz is offline New Member
    Bro, if they're perks then POP AWAY!

those things are good!..........i like 'em at least! and don't worry about gett'n hooked.......the only painkiller i'd worry about becomming reliant on is coke.....

alos, if u can control your juice use, a lil pill here and there won't cause no addiction

latz

DR.MEX is offline Banned

vets ?

last time i posted something that a vet took exception to he went and whine to a moderator who told me to send my "flames" by pm
    or else he would have me removed from the message board forever ,this had something to do with a guy who had 2500+ posts and was trying to tell somone that he gained 33 pounds on sust 250 ....in seven wks...yeah whatever...everyone is allowed an opinion i guess...but my point is ..had a newbee called a vet a putz all hell would have broken loose .....and thats a fact so to all the vets out there whining everytime a newbee should ask such a question....walk the walk if you are going to talk the talk .....and pm your "flames" no flame intended ....

The Emperor is offline Associate Member
    First why the hell are you taking so much milk thisle? you know if you take them durning you're cycle like that you hurt you gains don't you?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by The Emperor
    you know if you take them durning you're cycle like that you hurt you gains don't you?
    Where did you come up with this?

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    First why the hell are you taking so much milk thisle? you know if you take them durning you're cycle like that you hurt you gains don't you?
    I dunno about hurting your gains bro. Maybe he should lower the dosage a bit but I don't think it's gonna hurt his gains. It'll certainly protect his liver, and IMO that's more important.

M

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    lol Pete I was thinking the same thing....???

M

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Re: vets ?

Originally posted by DR.MEX
    last time i posted something that a vet took exception to he went and whine to a moderator who told me to send my "flames" by pm
    or else he would have me removed from the message board forever
    Obviously this has hurt you deeply Doc. Two things...first of all I'm not a Vet...I'm a moderator. Second thing, I didn't go whining to anybody...I thought you and I had come to an understanding. If you have a problem, bring it to the administrator. If you want to keep acting like a baby....don't let the door hit youin the ass on the way out!!!!

ptbyjason Guest

Re: vets ?

Originally posted by DR.MEX
    or else he would have me removed from the message board forever ,this had something to do with a guy who had 2500+ posts and was trying to tell somone that he gained 33 pounds on sust 250 ....in seven wks...yeah whatever...everyone is allowed an opinion i guess...but my point is ..had a newbee called a vet a putz all hell would have broken loose .....and thats a fact so to all the vets out there whining everytime a newbee should ask such a question....walk the walk if you are going to talk the talk .....and pm your "flames" no flame intended ....
    My God you never fucking stop do you. You PM'd me and apologized last time because you were flaming on the board. You said you understood the rules. Last time, I kept this off the board, this time you really pissed me off because you did it again. Let me explain this to you one more time, and next time I will ban you for ignoring the no flaming rules.

You PM'd me this:
    YOU WANT TO KICK ME OFF THIS SITE BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE THE FACT THAT I AM QUESTIONING A SENIOR MEMBER OR DO YOU WANT TO KICK ME OFF CAUSE YOU ALSO DONT LIKE SEEING NEWWBEES QUESTIONING SENIOR MEMBERS WHO LIKE TO TELL OTHER TO USE THE SEARCH ENGINE FOR INFO ....I SHOULD HAVE PM HIM .I WAS INCORRECT IN POSTING IT .THIS WL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN ...I APOLOGIZE FOR MY BEHAVIOR
    We came to an understanding that anyone can be questioned, but if you are going to flame someone take it to a PM. I don't care if it is 2 newbies, I don't care if it is a mod flaming a newbie. Take a look around at the posts bro. I don't allow it. Any other members want to back me up on this feel free to. AR has rules and you either follow them or I can refer you to some boards that have great flaming wars all the time.

I don't want flaming on my board. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS. Quit trying to turn this around and make us look like the bad guy because you cannot follow something that you obviously apologized to. I have never had to go this far in explaining something to someone. Maybe this time you will understand, otherwise there will not be a next time.

ptbyjason Guest
    Nevermind, banned you for source posting.. Thanks again, have a nice life.

Thread Information