boosted m3 is offline Associate Member

comparing roids to prohormones

OK...all these pro hormones use the word testosterone but they aren't test, if you were to compare them to any roids what would each one be?

list of prohormones
    1-AD
    4-AD
    1-Testosterone
    4-Hydroxy-Testosterone
    Methyl-1-Test

fabry is offline Senior Member
    ive tried pro hormones since their beginning...
    nothing special... or nothing at all!
    ive tried andro and nor andro products in the past and 1-AD couple of years ago... when it first came out!
    dunno if coz of the dosages (i followed label info) but i wouldnt buy them again...
    that is why ive decided to jump into aas!
    much cheaper and for sure more.. MORE effective!
    i was "impressed" by all post in the members result, especially from that guy dikey.. diskey.. dont remember.
    if ill get half of his gains.. ill be very happy!

the only i prohormone I would ever take is M1T, which they are saying is a legal steroid .

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    No comparison.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The only prohormones I would suggest trying are 19-Nor-diol, 4-Diol and 1-Test...

They mention testosterone in the name because they are alterations of testosterone - Rx anabolic steroids are modifications of testosterone as well. The alterations found in prohormones require the body's metabolism to basically release any anabolic properties they may have... whether the body can make the conversion or not is what is up to debate. From my experience, the right prohormones used in suffecient doses can produce very pleasing results - especially when Rx AAS is not an option.

I can't compare prohormones with roids, because in my opinion pro hormones are just side effects in a bottle. Nothing else!

simplyjakked is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toenail Juice Z
    I can't compare prohormones with roids, because in my opinion pro hormones are just side effects in a bottle. Nothing else!
    I agree 100% i have taken the prohormones and had worse sides than real gear!

Da Bull is offline Banned
    ! agree 1000% on that

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    The only prohormones I would suggest trying are 19-Nor-diol, 4-Diol and 1-Test...

They mention testosterone in the name because they are alterations of testosterone - Rx anabolic steroids are modifications of testosterone as well. The alterations found in prohormones require the body's metabolism to basically release any anabolic properties they may have... whether the body can make the conversion or not is what is up to debate. From my experience, the right prohormones used in suffecient doses can produce very pleasing results - especially when Rx AAS is not an option.
    Even Rx AAS is questionable as far as results... take heavy doses, gain 20 lbs but at PCT loose half only gained 10 lbs but can be carrying the baggage of those side effects. Prohormones... get all the side effects, for me I had "more" side effects off prohormones then the real thing and only gained 5 lbs which is quickly lost then you off-cycle the prohormones, none of the prohormones convert to real testosterone , the 4-AD converts to 1-testosterone which is similar to testosterone only in name (actually all the steroids are similar to testosterone with minor molecular differences but anything that is not "testosterone" is indeed not testosterone and will cause testosterone deficiency. If all you can do is prohormones, then stay natural! Get better results with no losses.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 01-19-2004 at 09:30 AM.

flopsy1234 is offline New Member
    I actually had good results with 1-Test, since it was my first time using anything like it. I gained 15lbs, kept 10lbs. IMO, this was a first-timer effect similar but not as huge as a first-timer cycle would be with the real stuff.

No way would those results ever repeat themselves - it's a one-shot deal. If you want more than a good first burst, then you need to move into the more serious stuff.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    True. I used different prohormones - loosed money, got side effects.
    No gains.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I've used pro's and have lost more money than gained anything that was positive.
    I ran a cycle but had difficulties during and after for several reasons, I've kept more from a bad cycle that gained from a great pro cycle.
    Everyone is different and there bodies react differently to different substances, and well... I don't think you can compare and to do so is to say that Pro hormones will give you steroid gains, which they won't. You may get something, but not half of what you'll get from a solid cycle.

SID

YUCK FU EAGLES!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flopsy1234
    I actually had good results with 1-Test, since it was my first time using anything like it. I gained 15lbs, kept 10lbs. IMO, this was a first-timer effect similar but not as huge as a first-timer cycle would be with the real stuff.

No way would those results ever repeat themselves - it's a one-shot deal. If you want more than a good first burst, then you need to move into the more serious stuff.
    Maybe so convinced you would gain weight, you ate more, took weight gainer shakes, worked out more, but the 1-test got the undeserving blame.

I did the same, I started real steroids , so convinced I would gain weight and bulk up, I doubled my food intake, started weight gainer shakes, intensified my workouts, and by the 3rd week I had gained 15 lbs, but the catch is, the steroids I was doing (testosterone and deca ) didnt characteristically "kick in" until week #5 and #6 so the reality is, those first 15 lbs was gained naturally due to the placebo effect.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripsid
    Being an Eagles fan is like rooting for a portable toilet to get filled up! IT STINKS! THIS F*KN' TEAM IS A KILLER! THEY SAY US BIRDS FANS ARE BRUTAL, WHEN YOU HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THE CONSTANT DISSAPPOINTMENT THAT WE DO FROM ALL OF OUR TEAMS THEN YOU UNDERSTAND WHY WE ARE WHAT WE ARE! **** YOU ANDY "FATASSED" REID! **** YOU CRAPPY WR'S! AND **** YOU JEFF LURIE!
    THANKS FOR ANOTHER DISSPOINTING YEAR!
    OH I STILL DON'T KNOW ANY SOURCES! DON'T ASK! WAIT, EAGLES ARE A SOURCE OF CRAP!
    i completely agree with you,

as for pro's i wouldnt use then anymore, look as aas's as more bang for your buck. if your gonna use something, might as well use the best

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Even Rx AAS is questionable as far as results...
    Who's gonna debate that? AAS, when used properly, are unquestionably effective. Prohormones, on the other hand, are just very well marketed junk. Being a supplement, the manufacturers can claim nearly anything they want to, and tell you whatever they want to, with no reprecussions from the FDA when these claims fail to materialize. Don't waste your money.

-moto

well what about Methyl 1-Test? Anyone ever use that one?

Fartdaemon is offline Member
    Methyl-1-Test is comparable in some ways to steroids , b/c it is a steroid and for now it is legal. However when a steroid cycle is done properly there is no comparison.

Ya I would never take any pro hormone. I have my gear but want to run methyl 1-test first before I start my AS cycle.

M1T CYCLE
    weeks 1-2 10mg ed
    AS CYCLE
    weeks 1-4 DBOL 35mg ed
    weeks 1-10 EQ 400mg/week
    weeks 1-11 Test Enan 500mg/week
    weeks 1-15 Nolvadex 20mg ed
    weeks 13-15 PCT [clomid, nolvadex, clenbuterol ]
    Last edited by boosted m3; 01-19-2004 at 10:28 PM.

CortezTK1982 is offline New Member
    I did 2 cycles of the m1t and it worked well for me when I was wanting to cross that line from advanced beginner to bber. went from 155lbs to 173 with the 2 cycles

Quote Originally Posted by SGFuryZ
    Steroids is to Pro-Hormones, as Monster Truck is to go-kart...
    Nice one....LOL

Thread Information