homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member

Quad inject question...

When injecting quads, I often seem to nick a nerve going in and I'm wondering if it's because of my placement.
    I usually go a little higher than halfway up my outter quad (v.lateralus) and inject straight down...I seem to have better results if I angle the pin on almost a 45 degree angle and shoot from the outside-in. Is this safe as long as everything seems doable?
    Do any of you seek a slightly diff. spot on occasion and if so, how much higher or lower?
    I rotate between R glute, R leg, L leg, L glute...repeat.
    Thanks.
    -HB

simplyjakked is offline Member
    i come in a at a slight angle and a little farther on the outside of the quads. every now and then i catch something but never had any probs either. i rotate like you do as far as quad and glutes.

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyjakked
    i come in a at a slight angle and a little farther on the outside of the quads. every now and then i catch something but never had any probs either. i rotate like you do as far as quad and glutes.
    Thanks Dog!
    I know it's just a simple matter of just relocating, but I thought I'd discuss it with the bros.

Thanks.
    -HB

Mallets back is offline Associate Member
    I always go a hand length up from the knee or a hand width down from the hip as a rule of thumb, I've gone in on a side angle and had more problems that way...going straight on from the top works best for me...Anywhere is good as long as your not hitting nerves or veins etc...It doesn't hurt to experiment around with your inject sites

proskier is offline New Member
    When standing, back straight, arms hanging down, the point where the end of your middle finger touches the quad is the distance from the knee. I usually go about one inch from center toward the outside and angle pin towards hip about 45 degrees. Rarely hit nerves and have never struck any blood vessels. Virtually painless.

shadow123 is offline Associate Member
    i done one satuday in the quads , same place as it is showed on this site .
    my leg has been hurting since the shot , i have to hop along, and it hurts more if i bend the leg, my leg feels hot, but looks normal.
    i hope i have not got a infection, this was my first quads shot i shot 2ml of primo witha 23g 30mm needle.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    90 degree anngle is usually standard with IM injections.

Thread Information