Thread: Ru 486

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member

Ru 486

I was reading in the educational thread something about preventing deca gyno and i read the only thing which can do this is RU-486. Now my next question is what is it?? i did a search about it but couldn;t find anything telling me what exactly it was. Another question i have is if you had the choice between deca or sust which would you choose. Now, I would love to do a test E cycle for my first one but im not sure if that is available from the people i know. I do however know that sust and deca are. Thanks for any help you can provide.

getnlarg is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    I was reading in the educational thread something about preventing deca gyno and i read the only thing which can do this is RU-486. Now my next question is what is it?? i did a search about it but couldn;t find anything telling me what exactly it was. Another question i have is if you had the choice between deca or sust which would you choose. Now, I would love to do a test E cycle for my first one but im not sure if that is available from the people i know. I do however know that sust and deca are. Thanks for any help you can provide.

If you HAVE to pick one , Sust over the deca . If you are only going to run one thing, test only. Deca without test may give you issues. Try to get a single ester test like Cyp or Enanth and dump the sust but I understand your problem of availability.

If I recall correctly, RU-486 is the "morning after" pill. Others here will have more info on that. Bromo is also effective in preventing deca gyno.

Yeah, RU486 is the "morning after pill". It's a progesterone antagonist, it blocks progesterone receptors.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    I have bromo in case of gyno induced from the deca I'm on. But isn't there something that is better than bromo to fight against progesterone? I can't remember the name but it's suppose to have less side effects than bromo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy
    I have bromo in case of gyno induced from the deca I'm on. But isn't there something that is better than bromo to fight against progesterone? I can't remember the name but it's suppose to have less side effects than bromo.
    RU486 is Mifepristone, if that's what you're thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    RU486 is Mifepristone, if that's what you're thinking.
    Not at all....there is something else to prevent gyno. I saw it on another board. But I can't remember the name ......someone here has to know what it is.

morning after pill

Isn;t the fda moving to make that available over the counter. i remember reading something on my internet homepage which mentioned them making it available due to its safety. ill see if can find the link incase anyone is interested in checking it out.

jcshack is offline Junior Member
    I thought RU 486 was the pill that will induce an abortion not the morning after pill. Though I can see plenty room for confusion.

I found more info here

http://www.cbctrust.com/RU486.96.html

info on the morning after pill.

this is the link i was thinking of http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/12/16...ng.after.pill/

yup your right shack the morning after pill is diff then ru 486.... i wonder if they work simliar though and would thus help to prevent deca gyno????

Quote Originally Posted by jcshack
    I thought RU 486 was the pill that will induce an abortion not the morning after pill. Though I can see plenty room for confusion.

I found more info here

http://www.cbctrust.com/RU486.96.html
    It was the original "morning after pill, but it's effective for up to 50 days post conception.

??

http://www.all.org/issues/bc05.htm in this article i find them mentioning progesterone but im not sure what exactly they are saying about it..... anyone have an idea??

The drug I was trying to think of was Dostinex (it's expensive though). Here's a good read though..........

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/s...&threadid=20061

sorry...it's not working

http://www.all.org/issues/bc05.htm in this article i find them mentioning progesterone but im not sure what exactly they are saying about it..... anyone have an idea??
    Any site that's written with that much bias is not worth paying any attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy
    The drug I was trying to think of was Dostinex (it's expensive though). Here's a good read though..........

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/s...&threadid=20061
    Dostinex = cabergoline

In this study, both cabergoline and bromocriptine was used in patients who suffered from a pituitary cancer that results in increased levels of the hormone prolactin. Increased prolactin levels typically cause low levels of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone. Usually, high prolactin levels cause decreased fertility and sexual function. The study concluded that both cabergoline and bromocriptine lower prolactin and restore fertility as well as sexual function. However, cabergoline does so more reliably and after a shorter period of time than does bromocriptine. Also, there were fewer side effects associated with cabergoline.

Authors are De Rosa M , Colao A , Di Sarno A , Ferone D , Landi ML , Zarrilli S , Paesano L , Merola B , Lombardi G , and the archive data is: Eur J Endocrinol, 138(3): 286-93 1998

Quote Originally Posted by getnlarg
    If you HAVE to pick one , Sust over the deca . If you are only going to run one thing, test only. Deca without test may give you issues. Try to get a single ester test like Cyp or Enanth and dump the sust but I understand your problem of availability.

If I recall correctly, RU-486 is the "morning after" pill. Others here will have more info on that. Bromo is also effective in preventing deca gyno.
    Thanks for the info, im still trying to find out if something like enanth is available but i know in the past sust was so i thought i would check to see what people had to say. Yeah im not real keen on taking deca; at least something like the test i can somewhat control the sides.

FinaZurp is offline Associate Member
    Isn't dopergin also efective to combat Deca gyno?

Thread Information