Thread: Bill Romanowski

heater is offline Junior Member

Bill Romanowski

Just thought since he got caught with THG or what ever it was called some of you might want to hear what else he was doing on a daily bases.

7 a.m. -- Romo arrives at Raiders headquarters. He's well-rested, maybe because he takes ZMA, GABA and/or melatonin -- all legal supplements -- to help him sleep. Few athletes in the world are as obsessed with reading about, thinking about and spending money on their bodies as Romo.

Who else do you know who has physical trainers, chiropractors, yoga instructors, acupuncturists, Pilates instructors, Reiki therapists and other consultants, about 20 in all, on his payroll? Or owns a hyperbaric chamber? Or has injected living pancreas, brain and adrenal cells of pure-strain Scottish sheep into his body?

Who else do you know who regularly sends out samples of his blood, feces and urine to a North Carolina laboratory to check for mineral deficiencies in his diet? (Hey, who's the lucky UPS guy?)

"People who call me a wacko," says Romo, "can look at all those games I've played in a row." That's 240 straight, the most ever for a linebacker. Or a wacko.

7:32 -- Romo hooks up one of his two electrical microcurrent stimulators to his body. The sessions last 20 to 30 minutes and are repeated on various parts of his body several times a day. "Each part of your body has a certain electrical frequency," says Romo, "including emotions. I can put it on the JOY setting, and I can't help but crack a smile."

Wait, there's Al Davis. Can we get him hooked up to it?

9:55 -- After team meetings Romo downs one of three power shakes he'll drink today. They're crammed full of unpronounceable stuff and count toward his colossal intake of 250 grams of protein a day. He'll also gulp between 100 and 130 pills throughout the day, depending on what his feces sample, his consultants and his body are telling him.

He carries his pills in a plastic container the size of a welcome mat -- about 500 colorful vitamins and supplements divided into dozens of tiny compartments. Inside it looks like Willy Wonka's briefcase. One time, he dropped it. "It took me three hours to pick the pills all up and sort them again," he says.

10:03 -- While the rest of the Raiders sit to stretch, Romo moves up and down the field with his personal stretching consultant. Some days the guy will stretch Romo for four hours, but today it's got to be quick. As Romo's walking along he'll suddenly kick his tree-trunk leg over his head like a very odd-looking Rockette.

Noon -- For lunch, Romo downs mass quantities of food, carefully selected by his nutritionist, be it almond-butter-covered rice cakes or the occasional shark cartilage. Romo may spit loogies in your face -- as he did to San Francisco 49ers receiver J.J. Stokes six years ago -- but at least you know they're organic.

Across the way 330-pound lineman Frank Middleton is asked if any of Romo's ways have rubbed off on him. "Are you kiddin'?" Middleton says. "Man, I'm fat. I got no muscle. I got nothin' to pull, stretch, hurt or tear."

Meanwhile, a few Raiders are going to a fast-food joint. "I like it when they go there," Romo says. "Maybe that's why I'm still playing. I hope they keep going."

12:40 p.m. -- Practice. Even at 37, nobody's engine revs higher than Romo's. His bursts still come straight out of 1988, his rookie year. He still sprints after Jerry Rice to the end zone and back on every play. His eyes are still the size of hubcaps, perhaps because of the CDP choline and pheryl he takes for intensity.

3:30 -- Most of the other players head home, but Romotron is just getting warmed up. He has another power shake -- "phosphorous and colostrum with a nice root beer flavor," he says, beaming. Yummy! That's followed by 45 minutes of weightlifting and then a 45-minute soft-tissue massage.

If this were postgame, though, he'd start an IV of 50 grams of vitamin C and five of glutathione to fight what he calls the "massive amount of stress" he puts on his body. Romo has the pain threshold of an anvil -- he once played with a torn oblique muscle, which is like playing with a wolf trap snapped onto your stomach.

Oh, he never missed a game in college, high school, middle school or peewee, either. When's the last time he got sick? "Can't remember," he says.

5:05 -- More stretching, followed by 40 minutes of hopping from a 40° cold tub to a 110° hot tub. In between Romo glugs water purified by his own portable ionizer. He'll drink two gallons today. "I had to drink bottled water the other day," he says. "Awful."

8:08 -- More self-electrocution, followed by a full-body coating of zinc and copper cream, then a TV interview, and it's finally time for mad little linebackers to go home. Another easy 13-hour day. As the last one at the complex, he turns out the lights.

10:03 -- At home Romo indulges his sweet tooth with a tiny sliver of cheesecake.

Boy, some people have no sense of commitment.

Fartdaemon is offline Member
    I wish I had the money and time for all that!

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

romo

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Fartdaemon
    But even he can't afford muscletech products

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    250g protein collosal? ****, on cycle i was hittin 300+.
    but that is a lot of commitment and $ for him to invest in. IMO for a pro linebacker he's taking care of his body about as well as can be.

all i can say is this guy is a deush bag

CoRnErBaCk24 is offline Associate Member
    and i thought David Bostons routine was bad!

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    250g protein collosal?
    Yeah, I'm surprised that's all he takes in. I take in 350g/day.

finakid is offline New Member
    LightWeightBaby your a DOUCHE bag! First off learn how to spell if your going to talk sh#t. Second if that is your picture in your profile next to your name, your physique looks like dog sh#t! Up your millegrams or something because your body is embarrassing. Third Romo is one of the best linebackers in the NFL a sure hall of fammer, and he has enough super bowl rings to make anybody jealous. Fourth I belive this post was for people to admire him or see how serious he takes his body and training/supplement intake,(just how serious competeing body builders are, something you obviously know nothing about)! Next time you run your mouth about somebody do your homework, positive critism is one thing but to call someone a name an not even explain yourself is cowardly. If your going to make a negative post have enough balls to explain your self.

Swellin Guest
    "Romotron," this guy is one of my all time favorites. Whether you like him or not, you can never question his drive, his commitment, or his love to play the game. He symbolises what a linebacker should be...dedicated, tough, and most of all...evil.

Quote Originally Posted by finakid
    LightWeightBaby your a DOUCHE bag! First off learn how to spell if your going to talk sh#t. Second if that is your picture in your profile next to your name, your physique looks like dog sh#t! Up your millegrams or something because your body is embarrassing. Third Romo is one of the best linebackers in the NFL a sure hall of fammer, and he has enough super bowl rings to make anybody jealous. Fourth I belive this post was for people to admire him or see how serious he takes his body and training/supplement intake,(just how serious competeing body builders are, something you obviously know nothing about)! Next time you run your mouth about somebody do your homework, positive critism is one thing but to call someone a name an not even explain yourself is cowardly. If your going to make a negative post have enough balls to explain your self.
    Irony can be a biatch sometimes
    Last edited by einstein1905; 01-20-2004 at 11:21 AM.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I coach his Nephew

seesamplay is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartdaemon
    Same here. Consider this, though, it's his job. He gets (got) paid $2M each year to be Romanowski. With regard to the money he spends, how much of that stuff does he actually pay for anyway? Look at Shannon Sharpe. EAS keeps him stocked with ANYTHING he wants (EAS or otherwise) and then pays him MORE money.

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    thats pretty intense.....its crazy to think of how much money guys like romo and david boston pay....i bet it is just ridiculous. i know boston is in the hundreds of thousands...i wonder what romo's training bills look like

ColdSore is offline Banned
    its funny when people think they know all, but just dont have a clue...

flames arent needed to feel like a bad a$$ finakid

ColdSore is offline Banned
    good post though...i enjoyed it

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    240 straight fn straight games at linebacker!!!!
    he's doing something right

Fuller is offline Associate Member
    What a thread to get you pumped up!! Just got home from work, tired as crap, but now i want to go run, lift and work my butt off!! Thanks for sharing that thread....My props to u and of course Romo Fuller

yayo is offline New Member
    No problem with Romanowski... going down as one of the best LB.... but LB seem to have a problem with crack...like bill and LT

kahn is offline Junior Member
    300grams/day easy

Bartleby is offline Member
    good article... is that from espn the magazine?? i think i remember reading something like that in that magazine...

jus02 is offline Junior Member
    Romo is definetly one of my personal favorites. I mean you just look at his eyes an there is nothing but intensity in those eyes...He is a sick individual

Slangin Roids is offline Junior Member
    What time does he do the roids, and i wonder if his accupunturist (if thats even a word) does it for him

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    lmfao. Nice.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    He's an awesome player, ****in' nuts too. I'm all for THG, makes the game more interesting.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting...very cool.

D

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    huh.....I think somone was on to something with the muscle tech comment.... does anyone in here watch playmakers? Did you see the one where they drained the dudes bladder and then refilled it with clean urine, **** thats some messed up stuff.

debulkred is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdawg21
    huh.....I think somone was on to something with the muscle tech comment.... does anyone in here watch playmakers? Did you see the one where they drained the dudes bladder and then refilled it with clean urine, **** thats some messed up stuff.

I'm afraid that Romo has been really sick and has had 5 concussions in the period of 4 months and he will be heading to retirement.

omen78 is offline Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by swellin
    "Romotron," this guy is one of my all time favorites. Whether you like him or not, you can never question his drive, his commitment, or his love to play the game. He symbolises what a linebacker should be...dedicated, tough, and most of all...evil.
    Amen to that !!!

QbHunter is offline Associate Member
    good read i remember it from a Sports Illustrated mag. goes to show there is so much more then the 'magical juice' that just slabs muscle on

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Your body even as a no professional athlete is an investment for life.

jbol is offline Senior Member
    romo is THE MAN!

that is the most hard core thing iv ever read on a NFL player. Romo for president

MrMeathead is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse666
    that is the most hard core thing iv ever read on a NFL player. Romo for president

This thread was from 2004. lol.

Thread Information