Cowboy Hank is offline New Member

Abcess/knot question

I have a knot on my ass, and I've seen a lot of people recommend massaging it. But if (I doubt) it's an abcess, wouldn't massaging be the wrong thing to do? Couldn't it burst and spread infection?

Thanks

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    You should massage it right after you inject.

I did that, but it formed nonetheless.

MachZ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Hank
    I did that, but it formed nonetheless.
    How long have you had the knot?
    Massaging it will help as will applying heat for awhile if you like.

Doc Aiden is offline New Member
    You will know if it is an abcess, it would be extremely painful.

Quote Originally Posted by MachZ

Started out with a rash first couple days, that went away, on about the 4th day, this is day 7. Been feeling really crappy with a light fever but I haven't gotten much sleep during that time so who knows.

Yeah I've read the massage/heat thing, but I guess this assumes it's not an abcess, cause if it were, wouldn't that be the exact wrong thing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Aiden
    You will know if it is an abcess, it would be extremely painful.

Ah ok, this is just tender.

Quote Originally Posted by MachZ
    You would actually want to cool the site, not heat it. While applying heat might, 'feel' good, it isn't physiologically correct.

In heating the site, your outer lying blood vessels will experience vasoconstriction, which results in less blood flow to the area, IE slower dissipation of the depot (source of pain, swellling etc.)

In cooling the site, your outer lying blood vessels will experience vasodilation, which results in more blood flow to the area, IE faster dissipation of the depot (source of pain, swelling etc.)

MachZ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicMaster
    You would actually want to cool the site, not heat it. While applying heat might, 'feel' good, it isn't physiologically correct.

In heating the site, your outer lying blood vessels will experience vasoconstriction, which results in less blood flow to the area, IE slower dissipation of the depot (source of pain, swellling etc.)

In cooling the site, your outer lying blood vessels will experience vasodilation, which results in more blood flow to the area, IE faster dissipation of the depot (source of pain, swelling etc.)

Good info there.
    After I inject ED I hop in the whirlpool (104.5deg) for about 45mins and let the jets do the massaging and add the heat of the water it works well for me.

Zues is offline Associate Member
    It won't burst. After all how would it, its not like you injected it into a bag or something, there is nothing holding it together that could burst. Perhaps you didn't use a long enough pin, (ie: 1.5 in). Massage it and apply heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues
    It won't burst. After all how would it, its not like you injected it into a bag or something, there is nothing holding it together that could burst. Perhaps you didn't use a long enough pin, (ie: 1.5 in). Massage it and apply heat.

That's a possibility, I'm a newb. But isn't an abcess basically a pimple on the inside of your body? IE it would pop under pressure?

MachZ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Hank
    That's a possibility, I'm a newb. But isn't an abcess basically a pimple on the inside of your body? IE it would pop under pressure?

An IM abcess needs to be lanced by a doc to drain. If you have an abcess like Doc above said you will know it.

Thread Information