NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member

Weird feeling with heart, should I start running while on AS??

I am on my 5th week with a Test/Deca cycle and I am feeling a little strange. My heart is beating a little fast and i feel like it is pumping hard even when I am resting sometimes. This has just started to occur the past day or so. Should I start running to help with it?? I havent been running for months now, I have just been eating and lifting. Should I start to run to condition it, or see a doctor instead and not run??

I was thinking of starting to do some cardio to help condition my heart, but could my heart be having problems from the juice?? This is only my 2nd cycle if you needed to know. Any advice is appreciated and needed very much. Thank you.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you had your blood pressure taken lately?

Da Bull is offline Banned
    AS raises your bp and your heart rate

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

bp

yea your bp and heart rate will rise on as but i think if your concerned see a dr. certainly wouldnt hurt. maintenence is always better than repair

Would it hurt me if I tried to start some cardio to see if I get better, or is it not worth it and just go to a doctor??

MachZ is offline Member
    Go see a doc bro and get the all clear for cardio.
    If your BP is too high right now or you have some underlining heart problem cardio won't be a good thing.

Cardio will bring down your bp bro

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Water retention will definately raise your BP...through in some nolva to combat the water if you like...doing a little cardio never hurts either.

Quote Originally Posted by MachZ
    Go see a doc bro and get the all clear for cardio.
    If your BP is too high right now or you have some underlining heart problem cardio won't be a good thing.
    I have high bp and doc told me cardio bro........trying not to flame here bro

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

dr

im not a dr. so i really dont know what to tell ya yout heart rate is going to increase on as but i mean you could have some problems that you dont know about a murmour, palputations etc i dont know bro not trying to scare you or anything but your heart isnt something to take lightly you know i wouldnt think doing cardio will actually help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    Water retention will definately raise your BP...through in some nolva to combat the water if you like...doing a little cardio never hurts either.
    l-dex might be better for water retention...imo

helios is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Yeah but he is saying if there is some other problem besides BP. I would seriously check with youre doc before jumping on the cardio boat at this point. Depending what the problem is cardio could exacerbate the problem.

-h

MachZ is offline Member

I hear ya Da Bull but you got checked out. He's not even sure what the problem is or how high the BP is.
    A bro of mine just got checked out for the exact same thing last thurs. and was 149/90. Doc told him to stop everything till he completes more tests.
    Renal disease is known to be an underlining factor for high BP as well as moany other things but its better to get checked out then let a possible unknown factor cause harm imo.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    l-dex might be better for water retention...imo
    So would aldactone...but I find Nolva's pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by MachZ
    I hear ya Da Bull but you got checked out. He's not even sure what the problem is or how high the BP is.
    A bro of mine just got checked out for the exact same thing last thurs. and was 149/90. Doc told him to stop everything till he completes more tests.
    Renal disease is known to be an underlining factor for high BP as well as moany other things but its better to get checked out then let a possible unknown factor cause harm imo.
    I'm with ya bro...mine is 160/110,hows that sound

Also i go once a month for check ups,but my doc knows i'm on

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    i try to run while on a cycle, because running releases cardioprotective enzymes. by raising your bp and heart rate you are adding extra stress to your heart, light cardio to upregulate these enzymes could minimize long term damage to the heart.

cfase is offline Junior Member
    Personally i found that my heartbeat was higher and i even got a couple bouts of tachycardia(pounding fast heart beat). It is caused by the stimulant effect of the gear as well as in combination with any other stimulant like caffiene, nicotine etc. I really had to watch my caffiene intake while i was on...

C

MachZ is offline Member
    I'm with ya bro...mine is 160/110,hows that sound

Bro, thats unhuman, i'd probably have a heart attack if mine was that high.
    Sounds like you have a great relationship with your doc. Mine doesn't know chit about my AAS use but in Canada we can goto walk-in clinics if you want and just tell the doc you feel like crap and they send you for blood tests no problem.
    It also helps that we don't have to pay directly for med service but instead thru taxes.

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by cfase
    Personally i found that my heartbeat was higher and i even got a couple bouts of tachycardia(pounding fast heart beat). It is caused by the stimulant effect of the gear as well as in combination with any other stimulant like caffiene, nicotine etc. I really had to watch my caffiene intake while i was on...

C

stimulant effect? never heard that one before. care to clarify?

Fartdaemon is offline Member
    BUMP for me to, I understand stimulant effect on heart when your talking caffiene, what do you mean with gear?

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    What youre feeling is the hormones inducing the heart rate. The AS are working.

I had my mother check out my blood pressure and she said it was at 80/min. She said normal is around 72 at relaxing and she checked mine after i ran up a couple stairs too, so she said its not really high to worry about. She said starting a light cardio might be good such as a walking to start off. Usually I would run every now and then a week, but it has been about 4 months since I've done any type of cardio, so she thinks with extra eating and just lifting, my heart is having difficulty keeping up because im not working my heart out(cardio).

I guess Ill take her advice, she is a nurse in the Operating room at one of the top hospitals in NJ. No she doesnt know im on Gear but i think ill take her advice. what do you guys think??

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedPaintoGain
    I had my mother check out my blood pressure and she said it was at 80/min. She said normal is around 72 at relaxing and she checked mine after i ran up a couple stairs too, so she said its not really high to worry about. She said starting a light cardio might be good such as a walking to start off. Usually I would run every now and then a week, but it has been about 4 months since I've done any type of cardio, so she thinks with extra eating and just lifting, my heart is having difficulty keeping up because im not working my heart out(cardio).

I guess Ill take her advice, she is a nurse in the Operating room at one of the top hospitals in NJ. No she doesnt know im on Gear but i think ill take her advice. what do you guys think??
    I have a feeling that was your pulse she was talking about, not your blood pressure. If it is your heart rate, that is right in normal range (60-100 bpm at rest is typically considered normal). You might still want to check your blood pressure.

peace

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    90 over 140 will be high. Expect high blood pressure on AS. To help reduce high blood pressure take liquidex and nolva. These are a must and should be on hand just for these type of symptoms. Also watch your sodium levels and salt intake.

slippy is offline Junior Member
    errrm have u been drinking alcohol recently?

slippy is offline Junior Member
    and the fact that ur worried about it wont help matters..
    i think it might be a little high BP with slight anxiety too..

cfase is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    stimulant effect? never heard that one before. care to clarify?
    Higher than endogenous levels of testosterone can have a real stimulating effect on the central nervous system. This is part of the reason some people are more edgy while on. When im on personally, my heartrate increases quite
    noticably and if i add too much other stimulants like coffee i get tachycardia
    every now and then. This only happens when im on. I could drink 2 gallons of coffee per day with no ill effects when off.

C

sin
    i think im starting to get a rep as an instigator, but i really mean no disrespect by posting, i just simply want to understand your statement. cns stimulators are generally things like cocaine that do things like inhibit the breakdown of norepinephrine or other neurotransmitters, or things like caffeine that inhibit phosphodiesterase, thus temporarily increasing cellular metabolism. aas and in general most hormones do nothing of the sort. if "edgy" occurs during a cycle i would guess that it was related to heightened levels of testosterone increasing aggression. heart rate increases are the result of fluid volume increases as well as an increase in the number of rbcs. so if you take a stimulant like coffee while "on" it is probably a combination of these things increasing heart rate to a noticable level.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    90 over 140 will be high. Expect high blood pressure on AS. To help reduce high blood pressure take liquidex and nolva. These are a must and should be on hand just for these type of symptoms. Also watch your sodium levels and salt intake.
    I went yesterday to see my "New" doc that took over since my cool one split on me to go to Hospice (Morbid lil sucker) My new one sucks,but that's another story.
    My BP was the same 140/90....the nurse told her, but she blew it off, I asked her, she said, are you still in pain from the Car Crash (and without even waitng for an answer) said, I think we should take you off your pain meds now.....I just need to find a good place to hide the body.
    My heart has raced more this time than ever before, my muscles cramp, my skin is redder than it should be, and it's hard to swallow....and my hands are unstable at certain times of the day.......Kidney? Renal? Liver? Hypertension?
    I've searched intensively, and all of these seem to Cross reference.
    So my point is my symptoms are similar, and these are the things that come up when I search to find out what's goin' on.
    So I've decided to come off my cycle just as soon as I'm big enough

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Have your mom or someone take a seated, resting b/p in both arms and post the results..I also believe you misunderstood her when she said your heart rate was 80/min..This equates to 80 beats per minute which is in the "normal" range..Don't run any stairs or do anything strenuous prior to the reading..AS elevates both pulse and b/p in nearly everyone..This is nothing abnormal..But it is also always a good idea to closely monitor both while on just in case a problem develops..

Doc M

Yeah sorry about that. That was my mistake. I meant she checked my pulse, not my blood pressure. Anyways I did a 20 minute walk today and I felt good, actually felt better when i was relaxed. I forgot who posted it, but I do think that some anxiety was at fault too because I kind of got freaked out cause I never noticed syptoms like this, its been a while since my last cycle and dont remember if I experienced this or not. I went to the gym to lift and I felt fine as well, wasnt short of breathe or felt like my heart was goin to explode, so I think im alright. Thanks for all the info, and yes I will still go get a check up. My question now is this, should I tell my doc of using roids??

By the way, the only time my heart feels weird is when Im laying down trying to go to sleep, i can actually feel it pounding away. I dont know if im being paranoid and just paying closer attention to it or not, but I never realized it before.
    Last edited by NeedPaintoGain; 01-22-2004 at 10:02 AM.

Thread Information