iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator

will clomid do this too...........?

hey bros
    i know clomid raises test levels after cycle,as we are trying to get them back into somewhat normal range. my question is this: does clomid, while raising these test levels, actually change your naturally occurring bodyweight set point? after all, we take it to raise test levels, and to try and keep the weight we gained on cycle.
    or, is it necessary to cycle again, (after the required # of weeks off of course) to keep gains. or does clomid just sort of get you through the "off" weeks?
    i hope i explained this well enough to get my question across. any input is appreciated.

peace bb79

timvds is offline Member
    clomid boosts your t levels back up to help support your new muscle. without it, youll lose your gains due to having negative t levels and high estrogen levels.

thanks for the reply bro. will your set weight point change and stay changed by using the clomid though? or will you gradually lose your gains once clomid therapy is over? hence having to cyle again?

peace bb79

timvds is offline Member

im not sure...

im not sure what you mean by set wieght point. but even with clomid you will lose some of your gains. most of it is water though. keep your diet up to par post cycle and wieght training just as intense and youll keep most of your gains.

Re: im not sure...

Originally posted by timvds
    im not sure what you mean by set wieght point. but even with clomid you will lose some of your gains. most of it is water though. keep your diet up to par post cycle and wieght training just as intense and youll keep most of your gains.
    ok bro
    say you started your cycle at 180lbs, - you gain 20 lbs from cycle, making your weight now 200lbs. you start clomid therapy, and end up keeping 10 lbs of lean muscle after the clomid is done. you weight is now 190lbs. after the clomid is over, will your weight naturally stay at 190? hence changing your genetic weight set point? im assuming that routines and diet are in order of course.

peace bb79

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    theres more to coming off than just taking clomid. taking clomid will help to kickstart your natural test, we've already said that. you need to be especially smart about diet during this time also. also, when you're coming off, you will have to tendency to feel shitty and not want to go the gym. avoid skipping the gym, even if you feel shitty. somepeople even take an anticatabolic like clenbuterol to help keep more muscle, while some people start up on creatine again. in the weeks immediately following your cycle, you should be able to keep gaining, especially if come off right and keep hitting it hard. obviously, you will lose some weight, but if you eat right, take clomid, workout hard, and supplement properly, you shouldn't lose much, and it's possible to even increase your bodyweight

timvds is offline Member
    thanks dane, i guess i needed some backup on that one

i dont think AS will change your genetics at all, not wieght wise at least. genetics may control your hieght and bone structure ect. ect. but not your muscle density and fat absorbtion.
    Last edited by timvds; 01-12-2002 at 09:40 AM.

i appreciate all the replies bros.
    i dont think im getting it across like i wanted to..............i understand what all goes into post cycle recovery, my question is, can you physically change your genetic, naturally occurring bodyweight, and keep it changed permanently? and will clomid help in this, along with raising your test levels?

dane: i have done what you recommended, many times. and yes i have actually gained weight post cycle. im a stickler for consistency, and dont miss many meals or workouts. thanks for the reply bro.

peace bb79

timvds
    thanks bro, thats what i was lookin for right there, i appreciate it.
    any other opinions?
    i hear guys talkin about this a lot, trying to change the bw for good. just wondered if it was possible, and if clomid aided in this endeavor at all.

peace bb79

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Only my theory but I feel there are only two ways to permantly change your "genetic potential" 1 has basically 2 options, hgh and igf1 can be used to cause muscle hyperplasia, increasing the total number of muscle sells one has. #2 is site injects which is reportedly effective in stretching the muscle fascia, allowing the cells to grow beyond what your body intended.

As for clomid and post cycle recovery. I get a HUGE rebound effect w/the clomid, starting in week 2 I feel like I am on a cycle again. BUT, I don't think clomid will permanantly raise your nat. test production, THAT is genetically limited per individual.

Originally posted by barbells79
    i appreciate all the replies bros.
    i dont think im getting it across like i wanted to..............i understand what all goes into post cycle recovery, my question is, can you physically change your genetic, naturally occurring bodyweight, and keep it changed permanently? and will clomid help in this, along with raising your test levels?

dane: i have done what you recommended, many times. and yes i have actually gained weight post cycle. im a stickler for consistency, and dont miss many meals or workouts. thanks for the reply bro.

peace bb79

kizer
    do you just run the clomid in the standard way? 300/1day, 100/10 days,50/10 days? im asking because, while i do get a slight rebound effect, its nothing like you are enjoying.........

peace bb79

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Yeah bro that is exactly how I ran it. I also ran .25mg/d of arimidex through the entire cycle AND through clomid therapy though. That may have been the difference. Studies have shown arimidex to increase test production by up to 30% so IMO it is a must post cycle. To tell you the truth I will NEVER come off a cycle without both clomid and dex ever again. I may even go up to 1mg/d arimidex when I start clomid.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Clomid will help you get to normal test quicker but not all the way....
    as to losses you will lose some weight but with clomid it will reduce the amount you lose because it help you get you own test running again.......Post cycle hit the food hard and start creatine it will help you a lot ....JMO......

thanks for the replies, any others are welcome.................................

peace bb79

solid90062 is offline Member

HMMMMMM

I think I understand more clearly what the brother is asking...

Our bodies get set at a natural weight. It tends to "like" staying at this weight. For example, my former natural weight was 200lbs, I dieted and got down to 180, however my body wanted to return to that natural weight and I had to fight extra hard to maintain the new weight. Over time your body can change its natural weight, and "RESET". However I think the added muscle from the cycle, and the intensity of your post cycle training will change the naural weight, NOT the clomid.

Re: HMMMMMM

Originally posted by solid90062
    I think I understand more clearly what the brother is asking...

Our bodies get set at a natural weight. It tends to "like" staying at this weight. For example, my former natural weight was 200lbs, I dieted and got down to 180, however my body wanted to return to that natural weight and I had to fight extra hard to maintain the new weight. Over time your body can change its natural weight, and "RESET". However I think the added muscle from the cycle, and the intensity of your post cycle training will change the naural weight, NOT the clomid.

solid
    you nailed it bro, thats exactly what i was wanting to know. your body has a certain set point, and i wanted to know if the clomid would help change that set point. the general consensus of the replies seems to be just like you said too. diet and training along with cycling, will help change it faster than anything else i now believe. i just thought that since the clomid helped to keep the gains post cycle, it might help in this process too.

peace bb79

Thread Information