Thread: Filter UG gear

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member

Filter UG gear

Does anyone filter their UG gear? Im worried about sterility with UG gear. Im not afraid to use UG gear but I would be retarded to think that its completly sterile. Yeah this lab or that lab might not exactly make their gear in a bath tub and they may even be completly sterile, but I would still like to filter it out! Anyone do this?

How valuable could this be at blocking bacteria? I really do not need an abcess in my life.

If I boiled UG gear would the substance be oxidized therefore reducing its strength?

Maybe Billy Bathgate can answer these questions if hes around.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Use a quality ug lab and you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't see anything wrong with filtering your gear...get a syringe filter, bring some water to a boil in your kettle, fill up a coffe cup half way then let your vial sit in the warm water for about 15 min...the warmer the gear the easier it will filter. Crystals may form in your newly filtered gear but that's no biggie. I don't see much loss in effect because most of us make our own fina etc, and that requires heating of the gear, and the results have always been good for me.

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the advice mallet. So far I think I might heat it. I have never actually heated my Fina before. I am aware there is a debate over oxidation though. Even human grade gear can get bacteria. So Im def going to filter it.

Thread Information